Barclays have entered a defence - anyone else had this?

Organic
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, and what a great site this is! :)

I'm in the process of claiming £843 of unfair bank charges from Barclays and have been following the very helpful step by step guide. I've just submitted the Moneyclaim Online form after receiving an offer of £150 "Goodwill" from Barclays.

I've got 2 questions...

1. Do I need to reply to Barclays' letter refusing their offer of £150 and tell them I have started a claim against them using Moneyclaim - or will they automatically hear from Moneyclaim now that I have set the ball rolling?

2. After going through my bank statements again, I am claiming a slightly different amount on Moneyclaim than I did in my original letters to Barclays - does this matter?

Hope someone's got the answers!

Thanks

• 1 month later...

I have just received a copy of the defence Barclays has filed against my claim. They are saying that the particulars of my claim do not provide details of the charges I claim are unlawful. They are also saying that I agreed to all bank charges when I opened the account.

Has anyone else got this far against Barclays? Should I send them the revised schedule of charges that I calculated, including interest?

The next step is returning the Allocation Questionnaire for the court :shock:.

Hi. You;re one step ahead of me, I expect I'll be getting the same defence as you shortly, appears Barclays enter the same defence in all cases. Sorry not sure which thread, but it's one here somewhere, one of the mods may point you in the right direction. Good luck

Thanks Bookworm, have read your thread. Looks like Barclays just like dragging their feet. From what I've read it looks very unlikely that you'll have to go to court, but I'll keep an eye on your case!

Hi again, thanks for the help. I have just returned my allocation questionnaire. Should I send Barclays a copy of the new schedule of charges, bearing in mind that the schedule I originally sent them did not include interest, and I now realise that the original copy also contained one mistake and a few omissions? I have claimed the correct amount via Moneyclaim online and Barclays have entered a defence.

Thanks again.

• 1 month later...

Did the maths and am claiming 950 and my wife 480.They sent us what appears to be a standard letter offering us 450 and 220 respectively.We are obviuolsy refuting the offers.Sending off the letters asking them to rethink.From the threads on here i guess we'll be off to court soon. Has anybody got the full refund without threatening court action?

Did the maths and am claiming 950 and my wife 480.They sent us what appears to be a standard letter offering us 450 and 220 respectively.We are obviuolsy refuting the offers.Sending off the letters asking them to rethink.From the threads on here i guess we'll be off to court soon. Has anybody got the full refund without threatening court action?

No. Not Barclays.

Can you start your own thread instead of posting at the end of someone else's? This way, your story and theirs won't get mixed up.

Go to Barclays main page, at the top, it says "new thread", click on that, give it a name, type your message, post, and you have your own thread. You can use it in future like a diary to put your questions or let people know how you're getting on.

~*~ Please click the scales if you liked my post! ;-) ~*~