Trying not to panic HFO Barclaycard

is there light
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4681 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you ring Recoveries? If they were not helpful you can ring the directors office but get everything in writing. Ask when last payment was made and exactly who this was sold to and when. Get them to confirm this. You can also send a SAR request but this takes up to 40 days and costs £10 but may be worth doing.

MATTHEW THOMPSON or Paul Hart

SENIOR CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGER

DIRECTORS OFFICE TEL: 0844 0903111

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

They have added interest they are not entitled to add.

When exactly did you first hear from HFO. Was it the first ‘reminder’ letter, when they had never sent an NoA in the first place? When did this arrive?

Can you give us some history of the account, ie. when it was opened, why it defaulted, etc?

The account was opened in the late 90's, when my husband and i seperated and sold house we paid the debts we could,unfortunately we had our mortgage with GE who charged us a fortune for early repayment of the mortgage im sure that BC were paid off but obviously for one reason or another it wasnt. I have moved several times since then but have always had my post re-directed for at least 4 months each time. So had i heard from BC i wouldnt have ignored the payments as i already have a plan with the CCCS for other debts i would have put the debt on my payment plan.

The BC was in my name but my ex was a named cardholder on the account.

The first letter i recieved was from HFO on 1st Aril 2011 Reminder of Assigment

I wonder if OP should maybe just let the clock tick and NOT send any further communications.

Less of a chance of anyone saying the debt Has, in fact, been acknowledged.

8-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I wonder if OP should maybe just let the clock tick and NOT send any further communications.

Less of a chance of anyone saying the debt Has, in fact, been acknowledged.

8-)

NO - it is best to be on the offensive, HFO have been known to issue a court claim immediately before SB dates which would stop the SB clock. They would use evidence that they have 'attempted to contact you in the past' so it is best to refute such claims and make them disclose any documents they have to support their claim on you.

DO NOT contact them as they want you to do in their threatograms. Immediately send a complaint about their letters and lies.

donate

And ensure that you send everything recorded and keep records of everything. Also keep the envelopes that HFO send their letters in

donate

This isn't about avoiding due debts, but levelling the playing field. HFO play dirty and tell fibs which they then enter into witness statements. They tend to bog off to some extent when challenged or otherwise compromise their, er, integrity.

The SAR does not have to acknowledge any debt if well written. They say they have written to the OC - OC knows nowt about it. ICO says you have a right to know what data they have been processing and why. So SAR only relates to their claimed correspondence and data held, not to any debt.

Hope that makes sense...

Sorry but getting a tad confused should i write to HFO as you posted yesterday on my thread or should i send SAR to HFO, they have recieved the CCA and account in dispute letters as i sent them recorded, im sorry if im asking the same questions but want to get it right !

Thanks again

I have attached a possible SAR letter to send to HFO to disclose the data they hold on you. Perhaps someone can check it to see if it is what we want? This would be instead of writing as you need to prove that they have not been trying to contact you. It will need a £10 postal order

HFO SAR.doc

donate

Thanks for that, im certainly not an expert on any of this but it looks good to me. Will copy it and send off next week, see what they throw back at me!

Really appreciate everyones advice on this, im sure you have saved many mere mortals from going insane!

I would suggest taking out the bits about the agreement and statements etc – this implies you know what they are talking about. What you really want is copies of all the correspondence they claim to have sent you, and all the data they hold on you. No need to be so specific, IMO. If they comply properly, you will get what you need. If they don’t, ICO here we come!

Hi Light

Cannot offer advice as not an expert but just to say that there is a fine line between insanity and genius!

Follow the advice you get here and you will move towards the latter.

Good luck with your case

ims

My son got a mass of paperwork and threats today about a supposed Barclaycard debt of over £2,200 from HFO. The number they quoted was not recognised by Barclaycard. Only 13 digits. My son has not had one of their cards for over 10 years and paid his off as a student in full. Wneh he called the woman from HFO threatened him with bailiffs and taking our jointly owned house away unless he paid up this weekend. I ran them and pointed out the facts and when they would not listen said I would be writing to WATCHDOG. Call back to my son within minutes saying they would be investigating the issue, no further action would be taken until this had been done and a very different attitude from the woman. Do Barclaycard actually emply these crooks?

HFO are debt buyers but Barclaycard are ultimately responsible for the info they give them. A new thread would be a good idea, go the main Debt collection menu and click 'New Thread', you will get excellent advice here. I would not advocate phoning HFO unless you can record the call and they may still give you problems. Try and put everything in writing and keep copies of all the stuff.

If you do go to CAB, tell them you are disputing this and make it clear you will not be paying anything - honestly don't think they will be interested, they are basically too busy.

the latest OFT guidance seems to be that a DCA must halt all activity and investigate the matter once a dispute is raised, but with HFO they may very well come back and say it is owed.

You MUST make a complaint to OFT about this - details below

OFT http://www.oft.gov.uk/ for the attention of James Waldron

donate

Ceasing collection activity when a dispute is raised has long been OFT policy - the numpties just ignore it. Their processes and business model must have been designed by a megalomaniac dysfunctional deluded Banana Split.

Oh, it was...

Ceasing collection activity when a dispute is raised has long been OFT policy

True - but there appears to be more going on at the moment to highlight this. First Dom Littlewood and now 'Moneybox' See my thread on this and ensure that you send them a complaint as well.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?305446-Moneybox-and-DCAs&p=3408305#post3408305

donate