Welcome Finance : Terms & Conditions (T&C's)

Dibbothe3rd
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

chase letter re: insurances refund posted the 6th Jan 10. Received and signed for by welcome on the 7th Jan 10. I have given them til 26th Jan 10 to resolve this or the whole account goes into dispute.

Post, did you find any legislation regarding the £1 option fee included in the "amount of credit for good" box and whether someone had one a case on this point alone?

Cheers

dibbo.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just want to confirm, I sent them a letter on the 5th saying that if they didnt finalise my claim for refund of insurances by the 26th Jan then I would put the whole account into dispute and stop paying them as the agreement is a combined agreement with only on repayment figure on it. even though there were 2 boxes to sign, one for hp and one for credit agreement on the insurances.

I want to clarify that if no post comes tomorrow, then I am within my rights to stop payment and send a dispute letter.

the agreement is posted up on first page if you wish to view it.

cheers

Dibbo

right you have a loan of £7945 OVER 4 YEARS AT 19.10 %

THAT EQUATES TO A MONTHLY RATE OF £231.75

INTEREST OF £3179.33

TOTAL AMOUNT PAYABLE £11,124.33

NOW INSURANCE TOTAL £920

MONTHLY REPAYMENT £26.83

INTEREST CHARGE £368.15

TOTAL REPAYABLE £1288.15

SO WE ADD THE INTEREST FOR THE LOAN AND INSURANCE, GIVES A TOTAL OF £3547.48

ADD THE INSURANCE OF £920

TOTAL £4467.48

WE NOW ADD OPTION FEE OF £1 GIVES A TOTAL CHARGE FOR CREDIT OF

£4468.48

NOW ADD THE COST OF CREDIT LOAN £7945

GIVES A TOTAL COST OF £12412.48

DEVIDE BY 48 GIVES A MONTHLY FIGURE OF £258.59

SORRY I MISSED OUT THE INSURANCE

FIGURES ARE BANG ON

VERY RARE

Edited by postggj

bloody hell. really? the thieving welscum.

give me a mo to ingest this. I need to understand this in my head.

thanks for that post. your a star.

what would my next steps be, can I put into dispute based on the insurance claim to begin with and then hit them with figures being incorrect?

no prob, ok so where do I stand on the insurance refund claim for MBI and GAP.

They havent replied yet since my letter on the 5th, they have had since my original claim back in October 2009 and still no resolution. they have not remedied the issue within the their stated timelines and have not given my a date for when they will remedy it.

They have had 19 days to reply to my last letter dated 5th Jan which they received on the 7th as per the recorded delivery proof of sig.

I said in the letter that I would put the whole account into dispute if they did not refund me the monies due and I doubt I shall receive a letter from them tomorrow.

I cant put the insurance part into dispute as I am only paying 1 amount for both HP and insurance so the whole lot has to.

I guess I need to write them a letter putting it into dispute, but I just want to know if I am within my rights to do so.

Dont want to do anything that would make me look daft if I have to go to the FOS.

Yes I know that from the insurance paperwork they sent me when I originally requested it back in October 2009 when I realised I didnt receive any documents when I purchased the car.

MBI is for 24 months but i'm paying for it over 48.

GAP is for 48 months.