Eon problems, could do with some help please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Very sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place.

I'm on economy 7, i have storage heaters and my home is all electric.An electrician checked my prepayment meter today and told me that i'm on the wrong tariff, i'm on tariff one.I have rang my supplier Eon and they have told me that i have the wrong meter and have done ever since 2006 when they changed my meter.I'm a single parent with 3 young children and i have been putting in £90 a week.I've always thought this was to high and made numerous phone calls to Eon but they always said it was right.So after another phone call to Eon they have decided to change my meter, the man told me to write in to see if i can get any of my money back but i'm completely stumped as to what to write.I would be very greatful to anyone who could help me.Thanks in advance, Claire :)

I would start off by explaining your circumstances, explain you have thought this was high, and you have previously challeneged this.

As they installed the wrong meter this is wholly their fault. You require a full refund of all overpayments and further compensation for overpaying and struggling over the last number of years.

Other people will be along , with possibly a letter template to help you further.

Very sorry if i have posted this in the wrong place.

I'm on economy 7, i have storage heaters and my home is all electric.An electrician checked my prepayment meter today and told me that i'm on the wrong tariff, i'm on tariff one.I have rang my supplier Eon and they have told me that i have the wrong meter and have done ever since 2006 when they changed my meter.I'm a single parent with 3 young children and i have been putting in £90 a week.I've always thought this was to high and made numerous phone calls to Eon but they always said it was right.So after another phone call to Eon they have decided to change my meter, the man told me to write in to see if i can get any of my money back but i'm completely stumped as to what to write.I would be very greatful to anyone who could help me.Thanks in advance, Claire :)

Hi thekidsmum82,

It sounds like you have a one rate meter instead of an ecomony 7, why was the meter changed in the first place?

A one rate meter charges all usage on a primary and secondary rate, an economy 7 meter also has a night rate which has a lower unit price, so this is normally more beneficial to customers with storage heating.

You say E.ON have agreed to change the meter, make sure you take the final reading from the removed meter and the first readings from the new meter.

I will be happy to have a look at your account for you, if you would like me to, just send me your details either by PM or to to the email address in my profile page.

Hope I can help.

Helena :-)