• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Black Horse PPI and Charges *** WON ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon everyone.

Well I've finally decided to go ahead and SAR Black Horse in view of mis-sold PPI and charges.

My loan was taken out in 2003 and 21/22 payments were made before my bank messed up my DD's and stopped paying BH. I was staying at my OH at that time so thought all my bills were being paid. Fast forward 10 months and a lot of problems, BH had gotten a CCJ and the monies from the sale of my house where held until BH was paid.

At the time was just glad it was sorted and didn't delve to deep into it, far too many other stressful things going on!

Well I've now been checking out my Credit Report and was going to SAR BH anyway due to the irregularities in what was been reported, so thought I might as well go for the PPI and charges.

I'm going to send the full SAR template but wanted to check a few things out first.

I'm living at a different address now than the one I was at when the loan was taken out; do I need to provide ID then?

I no longer have any of the paperwork only the last four digits of my account from my credit report, can I phone them to find out my full account number or will this give them a heads up?

Is there anything else I should do or request at this stage?:|

Thanks as usual in advance!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just checking that I make the postal order out to lloydstsb?

On a side note (probably old news) I noticed Black horse have now stopped their personal loan business.

• 2 weeks later...

Afternoon everyone,

I got a reply back from Lloyds saying they couldn't find any info but enclosed a questionnaire and pre paid envelope for me to supply more info. Also attached was a list of the other Lloyds TSB companies addresses to send a SAR and £10 fee to each one!

So I phoned them (RECORDED) and got them to forward my SAR to BH.:-)

In case anyone needs it the address for a Black Horse SAR is :

Customer Complaints

St William House

Tresillian Terrace

Cardiff

CF10 5BH

• 5 weeks later...

Update time.

Got a letter back from BH yesterday stating they could not find any valid agreement and asked ME to supply them with a valid agreement number! Well IF I knew that I wouldn't be sending a SAR!!:x Oh and they also returned my £10 postal order.

Well I'm going to give their compliance team a ring (RECORDED) in a while and find out whats going on.

As far as I'm concerned this is day 37 of my SAR request and this is delaying tactics by BH.

OK update time AGAIN! lol

Phoned (RECORDED) BH this morning gave them all the info I included in my SAR request and BH still can't find any info, mentioned they got a CCJ against me, was then passed to Edinburgh solicitors.

Edinburgh solicitors can't find info, they check Cardiff solicitor's database and find agreement number but can't give me info.

Told to phone Cardiff.

Phone Cardiff (RECORDED), they can't find info, not a valid agreement number!

Told to phone Edinburgh!!!

Right phoned (RECORDED) Edinburgh again!:evil:

Finally got someone who knows what they are doing. She has confirmed they have the original agreement, T & C's, Charging Order, etc on fiche. :-D

So I now have to SARlink3.gif them.

Although they did confirm the CCJ was settled 2 months earlier than reported on my credit file.

Morning everyone 8-)

SAR now sent to BH's solicitors.

Can I now claim BH are in breach of my SAR request?

My reasons for this are;

it is now more than 40 days since I sent my SAR and nothing from them

they returned my postal order with a letter saying they needed more info BUT when I phoned them they eventually managed to find my agreement

My thoughts are BH were using delaying tactics and trying to put me off pushing the matter.

On a plus note I was clearing my garage out and found a letter with an old agreement number so looks like I will be wanting that information aswell!:lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Update time :evil:

Raging with the bh idiots! Postal order returned again!

Despite me sending it to bh's solicitors and including my old address, current address, agreement number, email address and phone number I get a letter today saying your signature and address don't match so we have returned your postal order until you provide with the information!

And it was bh themselves that returned it NOT their solicitors who I made the sar request to!

Morning All.Phoned BH (RECORDED) because BH had my sibling's address as the completion address and my signature has changed this is the reason they have not completed the SAR. I'm going to fax them a letter detailing the above with an approximation of my old signature as well as detailing as much info about the original loan as I can remember. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

The saga continues….

Last week after I faxed BH a letter explaining the completion address they had on record and an approximation of my signature as it may have been in 2003 I then posted a copy along with my PO.

Well on Monday I received yet another letter from BH saying

Thank you for you recent letter.We require £10 payment to progress your request!

Well it was time to get on the phone AGAIN!

Spoke to customer complaints (RECORDED) who checked my file and asked me about what letter I was referring to as my file had not been updated since 2007!

Then had to explain that this is now day 63 of my SAR request and that they had better find my letters.

He then went to physically check with customer complaints after realising that whoever was dealing with my request was not putting their name on the letters. Also asked me for the counter foil number of my PO so they could check if it had been cashed.Eventually he asked me to FAX the letters I had received to them so that they could work out from the signatures who was sending me the letters.

Well the FAX number I was given doesn’t accept incoming calls!

So back on the phone!!!

This time the person I spoke to (RECORDED), after explaining everything again, asked if the SAR was for a PPI claim.

Didn’t want to say it was until I had my SAR details, so told him it was for my own record keeping.

I was then told that he could send me my Agreement, T & C's, completion letter and details of my account FREE OF CHARGE!!!! And that I didn’t have to do a SAR to get this information.

Is this normal?????

I asked him to send that out to me and that I still wanted to progress with my SAR as I not happy with how it has been handled so far.

I was then given a different FAX (that seems to have worked) and then he read out the loan details to me so that I could decide if I wanted to make a claim.

He then went on to explain how to start my claim if I decided to make one.

Talk about a refreshing change.

So awaiting my loan details, it takes 5 days apparently, and them sorting my SAR out!

Edited by xboxer

Sounds as though you were alone here :-( I'm replying so that I can automatically sub this thread.

Keep up the fight! :-)

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Thanks deedee, it does help to sound out your thoughts! :)

Right from what I can see looking at the loan statements, LOAN 1 was consolidated into LOAN 2. It looks like they actually added to the outstanding amount the interest they were going to lose!!!

LOAN 2 had a missed DD in March 2005 then DD's were cancelled and LOAN 2 was defaulted in May 2005 BUT from March to October interest was still added, until taking me to court and getting a Judgement in December 2005.

Then there is a charging order costs in March 2006 that is then refunded in May 2006?

With the PPI claim can I get them to remove the ccj And default?

Edited by xboxer

Okay my reasons for LOAN 1 (1998) being mis-sold are;

*Was arranged over the phone with a prefilled agreement I only had to sign in one place with the PPI aspect already entered and no opt out on the form

PPI was front loaded single payment added to the loan and this wasn’t explained to me

PPI and loan monthly repayments and interest shown but no Total Amount to Pay

PPI was I believe an advised sale to me with no needs analysis or proper explanation of the PPI

I had twelve weeks full sick pay with my job and a good redundancy package

Loan was repaid early with no noticeable rebate

Was not informed I would not receive a Pro Rata rebate

Wasn't clearly explained to me that I could cancel the policy and that it was optional

Was not explained PPI involved the purchase of an Insurance Policy

*My reasons for LOAN 2 (2003) being mis-sold are;

*Was arranged at the local office with a prefilled agreement I only had to sign in one place with the PPI aspect already entered and no opt out on the form

I was told it was a condition of the loan

The price of the policy was worked out on a consolidated loan that didn’t have a correct rebate and had mis-sold PPI on it

PPI was front loaded single payment added to the loan and this wasn’t explained to me

PPI was I believe an advised sale to me with no needs analysis or proper explanation of the PPI

Wasn't clearly explained to me that I could cancel the policy and that it was optional

After being defaulted on the loan I didn’t receive a rebate from the policy (I had paid 20 out of 45 payments)

I'm going to work out my figures from each monthly payment with the day it was paid to the end of this month with 8% annual interest. With the remainder left owing I shall add 8% annually from the date the account closed until the end of the month.

I'm aware that the amount may go up or down! lol

*I shall also state as per FSA guidelines that I shall be put back into the position I was in if I hadn’t taken out PPI i.e. . . . credit report, CCJ

I agree with your train of thought and reasons for mis-selling. I am pretty sure you should be claiming contractual interest too. I am currently working on a calculator for single premium PPI. There is one in the stickies section, so have a look at that and familiarise yourself with claiming compound interest as per Sempra Metals

My threads

deedee1310 v Abbey, deedee1310 v Capital One, deedee1310 v Halifax Plc, CapQuest CCJ, deedee1310 v Littlewoods & deedee1310 v Smile

If I have been of help in even the smallest way, please click the star and "add to my reputation" :p

Hi deedee, it is certainly something to think about.

I think I would be justified in claiming damages from how they have treated my Sar to incorrectly recording on my credit file, four defaults and the wrong date for the ccj satisfaction.

Would be a fair bit on my claim, 19.9 - 23.9 % compared to 8% :whoo:

Okay my reasons for LOAN 1 (1998) being mis-sold are;

*Was arranged over the phone with a prefilled agreement I only had to sign in one place with the PPI aspect already entered and no opt out on the form

PPI and loan monthly repayments and interest shown but no Total Amount to Pay

Loan was repaid early with no noticeable rebate

*My reasons for LOAN 2 (2003) being mis-sold are;

*Was arranged at the local office with a prefilled agreement I only had to sign in one place with the PPI aspect already entered and no opt out on the form

I was told it was a condition of the loan

The price of the policy was worked out on a consolidated loan that didn’t have a correct rebate and had mis-sold PPI on it

After being defaulted on the loan I didn’t receive a rebate from the policy (I had paid 20 out of 45 payments)

I'm going to work out my figures from each monthly payment with the day it was paid to the end of this month with 8% annual interest. With the remainder left owing I shall add 8% annually from the date the account closed until the end of the month.

I'm aware that the amount may go up or down! lol

*I shall also state as per FSA guidelines that I shall be put back into the position I was in if I hadn’t taken out PPI i.e. . . . credit report, CCJ

Fairly certain a few of the things you've listed can't be cited as evidence that the policy was mis-sold.

For instance, not receiving a rebate after defaulting on the loan is immaterial to whether or not it was mis-sold in the first instance.

NatWest: seeking unlawful charges + interest incurred as a result of those charges of £4,292.82 and contractual interest (compounded) of £4,559.41. Court claim issued 16.01.08; acknowledgement of service filled by Cobbetts on 30.01.08

Fairly certain a few of the things you've listed can't be cited as evidence that the policy was mis-sold.

For instance, not receiving a rebate after defaulting on the loan is immaterial to whether or not it was mis-sold in the first instance.

hi Fred it's listed as one of the complaints that is looked in to and has the knock on effect when consolidated in to a new loan

Just shows how much BH are trying to get out of paying, was double checking my first agreement to discover I had a loan with them before that! Phoned them up and they still have it on their system (DEC 1997) and yes PPI! Now why wasn't that included in my SAR? Just waiting for it to be sent now!!! :)