Lupus, Sjogren's & Xerostomia - can I get NHS dental implants?

no1mum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4823 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I've had SLE, Sjogren's & Xerostomia since 1986. AS a child I had gum disease due to it & have suffered with dry mouth & tooth decay ever since. My teeth literally crumble in my mouth whilst I eat. My dentist just extracts my teeth rather than trying to repair them. I have only got 16 teeth left now & it is becoming hard & painful to eat. More of my teeth are crumbling & I'm worried for the future. I am 32.

I have read that you can get implants & cosmetic dentistry on the NHS if you have congenital defects that affect oral health. My diseases & my medication are known for causing oral health problems, and I am in receipt of disability benefits. Would this qualify me for NHS restorative treatment or implants? I have tried asking my dentist but she doesn't seem to care. Would a dental school be able to help me at all?

Hi,

Some info for you here (it does mention dental schools)

and on the NHS website here

Hope this is of some help,

H.x

That the birds of worry and care fly above your head, this you cannot change. But that they build nests in your hair, this you can prevent. --- Chinese proverb