Abbey/Santander : Unarranged Overdraft Fees

lilacmonkey
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4877 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Having some problems with my santander account, in brief...back in may i applied online to see if santander would award me an over draft, i received a letter saying something along the lines of "regret to inform you that at this time we cannot give you an over draft...".

Fair enough, wasnt like i really needed it i was just curious to see if they would be willing to give me one. the account that i have with them has hardly been used since it was opened in 09 as my main bank account that i use for my income is with a different bank.

So at the end of oct just gone i was charged by experian for my credit report that i filled in online based on this first month free rubbish. they charged me from the very start instantly putting my santander account in something like -8.99 i cant recall an exact figure, so a few weeks later i check my santander account online and find that they have charged an unarranged overdraft fee for 24.99 - i put some money into that account to pay for this fee thinking that it was a one off fee due to this experian charge and subsequently closed my experian account.

santander have carried on charging me this unarranged overdraft fee every month since then...? why are they doing this? ive paid £75 in unarranged overdraft fee's so far, considering the fact that when i did ask for an overdraft...i was refused but its different now it suits them to just wap an overdraft on my account without telling me and charging me whenever they feel like it? what can i do about this? can i reclaim the fee's or ? obviously im going to have to contact them about this at some point but i would appreciate any information anyone might have in regards to where i stand with this ridiculous banking system.

If it's a 'few weeks' later, then what has happened is that you've been charged the first whack, but it leaves your account a month later.

So, although you paid in the money to cover the charge and presumably the Experian charge too, you may well find that you were overdrawn in the next charging period, which means that another charge is then applied to the month after that.

You'll need to go back and check when you were first charge v when you put the money in and if you were still then overdrawn in the next charging period.

A very firm phone call may get something sorted, but don't count on it. Santander are &"$%**"£$!!!!!