Will your credit report always show outstanding debt?

xboxer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4861 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just how good of an indicator is your credit report for alleged outstanding debt?

If the OC hadn't registered the account can/will a DCA update your report when they take over?

Thanks as usual in advance :-)

All adverse entries will be gone after 6 years paid or not. How it works is the banks usually update monthly thats why you see last updated etc date. Accounts that have been well maintained stay on forever unless you want them removed for whatever reason

˙os op oʇ pǝʞsɐ ssǝlun ǝƃɐssǝɯ ǝʇɐʌıɹd ʎq ǝɯ ʇɔɐʇuoɔ ʇou op ǝsɐǝlԀ ˙pǝɹnɔɔo sǝssol ʎuɐ ɹo ǝɹnlıɐɟ ɟo ʇlnsǝɹ ɐ sɐ ǝlqɐıl plǝɥ ǝq ʇou llɐɥs I ˙llıʍpooƃ ɟo ǝɹnʇsǝƃ ɐ sɐ os ǝuop sı uǝʌıƃ ǝɔıʌpɐ ʎu∀

Hi liquid, thanks that bit I understand it's just with a previous post of mine I'm trying to find out some specific info.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?283573-Equidebt-Cabot&highlight=xboxer

I'm fairly sure this was SB before I paid BUT on the off chance it wasn't I'm trying to find out the following.

Because it's not recorded on my credit file can cabot now add it?

Because it's not on my credit file can I be fairly certain it's older than six years?

Because it's not recorded on my credit file can cabot now add it?

It has been known for a DCA to backdate a default as it wasn't originally placed by the original creditor but only where the debt is less than 6 years

Because it's not on my credit file can I be fairly certain it's older than six years?

Probably but it's always worth getting a SAR sent off for confirmation

Don't ask for links as it was quite a while ago where I saw a DCA had added a default to a previously clean file

If you want to find out if a default was placed send a SAR to a Credit Reference Agency (my choice is Experian as most creditors use them)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi silverfox, thanks for that.

Its confusing or maybe obvious but cabot have updated my file with an address confirmation but nothing else!

It makes me think that's all they can do!

Yes, Cabot did that with me too when I moved house last year (my credit record became clear last October) It is usually an unrecorded search (meaning that other creditors cannot see the search)

Once a file is clear, all a DCA can do is look but not add any new default

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Just a slight addendum to my last post. A DCA can look at your file but only with your permission. If an account is closed (with nothing owing) they have no right whatsoever.