PCN 62J in Croydon Surrey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

Last week I received a PCN in post from Croydon Council for a 62J contravention. I requested and have then received evidence pictures as well

I can recall the incident. I went into my local surgery to pick up my daughter's presciption. There is no parking around, apart from one parking spot in front of the Surgery (off road). To be honest, there was a car parked there already. As I knew I will only be gone for a few minutes (prescription was ready for collection), I parallel parked my car on pathway with hazard lights turned on.

A few days later, the PCN arrived. I now know that it is illegal to park on pathways, can I dispute this PCN in anyway, as money is a bit tight just after xmas...

I read somewhere that the PCN has to be served on the day of contravention, but noticed that this letter was printed/sent 5 days after the contravention happened. I requested them photos as well, which are attached at the end as well. The pictures are somewhat vague as it was raining at that time.

I am attaching the letter and photos with this post. Thanks for reading and appreciate your feedback.

Photos.jpg

Pg-02.jpg

Pg-03.jpg

Pg-01.jpg

There is facility for postally served PCNs under the Traffic Management Act, and so it's not the case that they have to be served on the day of the contravention.

You have a right of appeal, and should certainly try. From your description, you were parked in contravention but decided it was worth taking a chance. You could try appealing on mitigating circumstances, and explain your predicament in the hope that they take a sympathetic view. It has been known...

If they say no, you can elect to pay at that point, in the absence of anything better to appeal with.

• Confused 1