house repossessed - still owe to the bank £17000

marthara
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4891 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My family house have been repossesed about 1 year ago. (me and my husbend had a joined morgage)

Currently, i am separeted from my husbend (he left country and his present address is unknown to me)

Right after the repossesion me and my children moved to the council house (housing assosiation)

I am unemployed single mother. My income is the only Sate benefits :JSA and child tax credid

Today i got a letter from some kind agency - "ENACT direct legal solution" where i was told that i still have about £17000 outstanding balance on that morgage as "a sale of the house did not raise sufficient funds " to repay the morgage.

Obviosly i absolutely have no money and unable to pay it.

Am i really responsible for paing this balance even after repossesion?

If it is impossible to locate my ex-husbend , am i responsible for the whole ammount or only half?

What is possible to do in my situtation?

If i ignore this letter what happenes next?

i absolutely do not wish to arrange any monthly payments .. from what? and for what? for a house which doesn't belong me any more? .... even if it will be £ 1 a month i will pay it out the rest my life. (i am paing the other my debts by such way)

any advises or similar stories are welocome :)

Thanks

This sounds like a debt collection agency,your lender has probably equitably signed this debt to them on something like a 50/50/ split ,you scratch my back i will scratch yours,i wouldnt aknowledge the debt, at least yet,17000 shortfall im betting it was auctioned off at a givaway price,i would do nothing for now till you recieve another letter off them.You could do some diggin g in the mean time and find out who sold your house and what did it go for,if the lenders did not give your property a chance of attaining best possible price through fair marketing then you may have a case here to challenge that 17000 shortfall

Hi there

just tell them to Foxtrot Oscar -- your house has been repossessed --what more can they do --even if they go for Bankruptcy they won't get a PENNY and also it writes off the debt.

I really can't stand these organisations --they throw you out on to the Street and STILL WANT MORE MONEY.

Just tell them to eat s--t and die --there's nothing more they can do to you anyway.

For me I think the "Albanian Fixers" might also be a solution but that unfortunately is illegal. However telling the debt collector to Foxtrot Oscar is 100% legal and they can't do ANYTHING about it -- your home has been repossessed and you don't have presumably many more assets.

BTW if they threaten Bailiff's you do not EVER have to let them in either so you can tell them to foxtrot oscar as well.

Cheers

jimbo

• 2 weeks later...

about a week ago i v send them a letter with the quet bold offer - right off the debts from my name and try to locate my ex husband instead. (proof of my JSA benefits and financial statement were sent as well)

today i got a reply- they " placed your liability for this debt on hold to be rewiewed at a later date.When the review takes place, we will also require an offer of payment from you"

Who knows -what it means? " later date" ..... when? in 1 month? 1 year? as soon as i start to work?

am i suppose to live expecting this "later review date" the rest of my life?

---------------------------------------------------------

Merry Christmas everyone!!!!!

I wouldnt hold my breath,me thinks they will raise this in a few months time when you least expect it.If i were you i would put this to the back of my mind for now,looks like they know theres nothing worth chasing at the moment.

Happy xmas N.S