• Tweets

• My story starts with being issued a windscreen PCN on 8/3/24 which was almost immediately removed and a second  PCN was then  sent by post on 13/3/24  [deemed delivered 15/3/24] which I did not receive and had to send an sar to have that particular mess revealed later  but that is not the reason for my complaint. UKPC then sent a Keeper Liability Notice dated 12/4/24 warning me that as 28 days have now elapsed, I as keeper am now liable for the charge.  This is in direct contravention of PoFA since the keeper does not become liable to pay until the day after the original PCN is deemed to have been given which would have been 13/4/24 -a Saturday ]. Not only does it not comply with PoFA but it fails to adhere to your Code of Practice and is in breach of their agreement with the DVLA.  I have included copies of both Notices for information. You will realise the seriousness of this situation if this is standard practice from the UKPCM to all motorists or just those where windscreen tickets are involved since the Law regarding PoFA is being abused and it is unfair to misguide motorists. I await your  response which I understand will usually be within a week.
    • It probably deletes after a certain time. What a shame you did not check at the time. However I have no doubt that there was a PCN envelope under your windscreen wiper  as shown quite clearly on one of the photographs. . It would seem strange that it was placed there empty hence the reason I stated a second Notice was issued [though not necessarily sent. As I said in that letter to IPC that was not what the complaint was about and probably  IPC will ask about that at the same time if they accept you  going direct to IPC for the other matter. It is immaterial how many original PCNs were issued or not issued. You are able to show the two that you have from their sar one of which coincides with the one you received in the post and that is the one that does not agree with the date times of PoFA. Thus breaching not only the Act, but also the IPC  Code of Conduct and the ability of UKPCM to obtain data from the DVLA. So leave that part of the letter as good to go. However as it is as Dave [Thank you Dave!} pointed out that it is UKPCM and not UKPCI have amended the letter and posted it below.
    • Just under half of young savers put away at least 20% of their monthly income, compared to just 12% of 45- to 54-year-olds.View the full article
    • Its based on 10% annual depreciation, divided by 52 weeks and then x the excess number of weeks that they have had the vehicle for, after the agreed initial 3 week repair.
    • LOL LOL LOL Don't need that many to deport a handful of volunteers - at best Home Office department processing Rwanda deportations told to cut jobs Exclusive: Illegal Migration Operations Command freezes recruitment and draws up redundancy plans, leaked documents show Cant have hundreds of well paid people in a department deporting a single volunteer when we have an upcoming election to lose now can we - VIPal drenched in riches and departments full of pals well paid for doing nowt will 'sadly soon be history - was rumored to in a text from a soon to be ex-minister texting in from one of his main jobs in a number of industries he will soon be unable to help.   Home Office department processing Rwanda deportations told to cut jobs | Immigration and asylum | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Exclusive: Illegal Migration Operations Command freezes recruitment and draws up redundancy plans, leaked documents show  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

2nd Letter sent, no reply after 3rd week, what do I do now?

Lousalo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6454 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I sent my 2nd letter to Abbey on 15th August. I got a reply from them saying that if they don't reply within my 2 week timescale, then to give them 4 weeks to investigate.

It's now in the 3rd week, and I'm not sure what I need to do.

Since sending these letters, we have changed accounts and money is no longer going into our Abbey account. However, now no money is going in, they have now cancelled our overdraft and have sent us 2 letters, one explaining why they cancelled it (gone over the overdraft limit, not our fault, their charges of £765 for August took us over the agreed overdraft!!!), and the 2nd letter was saying that we need to contact them to discuss repayments.

I realise I have let it go over the 2 weeks I gave them in my 2nd letter, but am now sure what I need to do next.

I have looked at other threads and to be honest, I'm now getting confused.

Could someone pls advise? Many many thanks

They treated your letter as a standard complaint hence the 4 weeks to investigate. You should have stuck to the 14 day timetable and proceeded to sue them.

All is not lost, just send them a letter telling them it's not a complaint but a demand before court action and give them 14 days to reply.

Lou it is in the bank templates letter, there is a link in my signature, I would read a few threads and the FAQ's and familiarise yourself witht he process thoroughly as you need to know what you are doing and what you are letting yourself in for as theywill mess with you no end :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

good advice lula as my heads set to explode as well as my printer with overuse but never go by there timetable lesson one stick to your timescale then you stay in control

YOu may also want to write to the bank telling them you disupte the debt owing due to the charges.

if you inform them the account is in dispute they should not take any enforcement action or enter a default on your credit file until the dispute is resolved. This is set out in para 13,6 of the banking code, a copy may be useful for you to see what they are supposed to do do a search on here or inline dont know the link of the top of my head if you cant find it post on here and ill try to find the link for you.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Ok, just checking. Do I need to fill in the N1 form now? I know I keep getting told to read the threads, but the more I read, the more I'm getting confused. I just don't want to send out the wrong letter and have it all backfire on me.

If I do need to do the N1 form, do I then take it to my local court house and get them to stamp it? I am COMPLETELY new to this and completely confused. Sorry to be a pain in the ....!

Please help.

Lisa

Lousalo

For my part the problem is i dont undeerstand exactly where you are with the letters you have sent and your claim.

Is this the only thread you have posted in?

If it is then set out which letters you have sent and some details of your claim.

If not then copy and paste a link to the thread where you have posted the information people need to help you.

All of the template letters have names, so it would normally be a SAR, followed by a prelim then LBA and then court action.

IF you want to understand what you should do then click on the link at the bottom of LULAs post.

post back here with the info and im sure somoene can help with your specific problem.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

MBNA - Settled in Full

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

Hi Glenn

Here's a copy of my first letter...

Abbey

Prescot Street

London

E1 8RP

1st August 2006

Request for repayment of charges.

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXXX

My request:

I am writing to ask you to refund to me the charges which you have levied from my account over the last 7 months.

I now understand that the regime of fees which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals,

exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent consumer regulations.

If you say that they are not, then will you please demonstrate this by letting me have a full breakdown of the costs to

which you have been put by as a result of my breaches, in order to reassure me that your penalties really do reflect

your costs.

Additionally, it has now been confirmed that your particularly high level of penalties are considered to be unfair per se by

the OFT who reported on the 5th April 2006 and are therefore presumed to be unlawful in the absence of specific proof to

the contrary.

Your responsibilities:

Considering I have been an account holder at your bank for over 20 years, I am frankly shocked that you have operated my

account in this way, as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I consider that your repeated representations that your charges are fair and reasonable are deceptive and that they have

deceived me into agreeing to pay them.

Your concealment of the true nature of your charges has prevented me from asserting my right until now.

What I require

I calculate that you have taken a total of £1590.00 (deducted £50 refund) in unpaid DD’s, and going over OD limit,

which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken, dating back to December 2005. I was

given a measly £50 refund earlier this month, and notified the bank of having difficulties 2 days prior to the refund.

This refund clearly wasn’t enough!

I enclose a schedule of all the charges which I am claiming with this letter. Due to these charges being made, it has made it

even more difficult to keep up with the household bills, thus causing us to fall behind with the payments and letters

being received from companies chasing for their money.

My targets to resolve this matter

I hope that you will enter into a sincere dialogue with me about this matter and I am writing this letter to you on the

assumption that you will prefer to do this than merely respond with standard letters and leaflets.

I will give you 14 days to reply to me accepting, unconditionally, my request in principle and letting me know a date by

which I will receive payment.

If you do not respond, or you do not respond positively, within this time period, I shall send you a letter before action

giving you a further 14 days in which to reflect. I believe that these targets are more than sufficient for a large company

such as yours with dedicated staff and departments.

After that, there will be no further communication from me and I shall issue a claim at the expiry of the second deadline.

Yours faithfully,

Lisa Salo

Here's a copy of my 2nd letter....

15th August 2006

Abbey

Prescot Street

London

E1 8RP

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: XXXXXXXX

I am very disappointed that you have failed to respond to my letter of the 1st August 2006.

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £1590 plus £77.26 which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Plus £765 of charges you wish to take out of our account on 26th August 2006. Total £2432.26.

I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of the 1st August 2006.

Additionally I feel that you may have entered a default notice against my credit record. This default occurred merely in respect of unlawful charges levied by you or was the result of impecuniosity caused directly by the taking by you of penalty charges which you had applied unlawfully to my account.

In addition to full payment of the sum mentioned above I require that you remove the default entry from the register. Please note that mere correction or amendment to the entry will not be acceptable.

I require repayment in full of this money and removal of the default notice. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus a claim under ss.7 and 13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 plus my costs and without further notice.

-2-

Furthermore, I shall submit a Consumer Credit Act 1974 complaint to the OFT upon the basis that you have failed to comply with the OFT's direction of 5 April 2006 and are therefore not a 'fit and proper person' to hold a consumer credit licence under the 1974 Act. If you do not understand what this means then seek advice from your legal department.

Yours faithfully,

Mrs L J Salo

That's as far as I've got. What should I do next? I received a letter yesterday from Abbey explaining that it's taking longer than they had hoped!!

Many thanks for your help.

Lisa

Lousalo,

You've sent your preliminary approach letter and your Letter Before Action. In each you gave a clear indication of your timetable and you have had neither a settlement nor an offer. There's no need for you to send any further letters. You should proceed immediately to MCOL stage (or your local court if you're not using MCOL). Include all your charges and the s.69 8% interest.

No need for any further delay, as far as I can see.

Halifax (current a/c)- £3705.00

04/09/06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent - lost by P.O.

20/09/06 - Prelim letter sent (special delivery)

30/09/06 - Reply to Prelim; Received statements

04/10/06 - LBA sent (special delivery)

14/10/06 - Offer received - £962 (err..no)

17/10/06 - MCOL issued: £3705 + £777.11 interest

19/10/06 - Moneyclaim acknowledged w/intent to defend

28/10/06 - SETTLED IN FULL!!

To be continued: Capital One(charges); Citi/Associates(charges); GMAC(ERC); GEMoney(charges); TMG(charges)

I agree proceed with your claim either via MCOL or N1 at court.

HTH

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

MBNA - Settled in Full

Glenn Vs MBNA

Me again!

I've just phoned Abbey to tell them that our account is in dispute and to stop them sending my details to default and they have just told me that they have put £1125 into our account!

Apparently they sent out a letter yesterday (haven't got it yet), telling us that they have paid this £1125 into our account as a "good will gesture" and that they have declined the rest (this being £1307.26!!!).

Obviously, I'm not happy with this and told them that they owe me the rest and what they have done is illegal, then I got told that it's in the terms and conditions (I don't remember signing anything because we've had this account for over 20 yrs!!).

Anyway, do I still go to court to claim for the rest? I'm guessing I do, but wanted to check it out with someone in the know before I go ahead.

Many thanks again for all your help.

Lisa

there is a rejection letter template on here, that accept it as only a part payment.

you should really delete all your personal information off that letter by using xxxxxxx,

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Hi Pugsley

Many thanks for the link, I will go ahead and send it to them.

Also, many thanks for pointing out the fact that I hadn't removed my account no. Ooops!! I've just edited it.

Thanks again.

Lisa

your welcome xx