DLC - Checking My Credit File

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

May be too late now, but usuallly I would advise you contact the following first after writing to the company concerned twice over say a 30 day period telling them they haven't (fully) complied:

Data Protection and Freedom of Information Advice - Information Commissioner's Office (ICO)

Doing the ICO bit first considerably strengthens any potential court action.

• 3 weeks later...

Update From SAR Request

Today I recieved a letter from Hillesden's stating that they had sent me everything requested and if I wanted a copy of my agreement I would have to send another £1 to get a copy of my agreement. Now i obviously dont mind sending another £1 but are they pulling a fast one and shouldnt everything been included with the original SAR request?

I will attempt to post a copy of the scanned letter recieved today onto this but excuse me if it goes a bit pear shaped.

I appreciate that there might not be many people around at the moment or if they are I am sure that getting those christmas pressies ready is more important so just when you get a chance i would appreciate some feedback. Thanks as always.

Edited by Paddywack41
Name included in photo upload

Thanks Tingy, that is pretty much what I thought and to date all they have sent me apart from the covering letters is 11 pages of transcript of calls etc since 2003, 2 pages of financial statement showing my payments since 2003 and 2 pages of abbreviations.

Do I now just send another letter to say that as part of my original SAR i would expect to recieve Original Document and copies of Default, termination notices etc, or is there a more formal letter that needs to go?

Thanks As Always

I can only say what I've just done. I SAR'd my council and they sent everything about me, except they enclosed nothing about the business me and business rates. I phoned and asked them to send them asap as they'd omitted them.

Technically I guess they haven't complied with your request and I'm sure there's a formal letter for that. I'm pretty sure I've got one, but it's from a different source and not welcomed on this site, so if you want to go the formal way have a look in the library and if you get stuck, give me a shout.

They may come back with something like CitiFinancial do and say the agreement/T's&C's don't come under the DPA

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I never got a proper answer to my question as to why the agreement/T's&C's weren't covered by a SAR. All I did get back was that they don't have to send any documents. All they had to do was to give the personal data contained within those documents.

Also, as it is a DCA, they wouldn't normally hold the agreement. That has to come from the original creditor

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I never got a proper answer to my question as to why the agreement/T's&C's weren't covered by a SAR. All I did get back was that they don't have to send any documents. All they had to do was to give the personal data contained within those documents.

Also, as it is a DCA, they wouldn't normally hold the agreement. That has to come from the original creditor

Right thank you. I can see their argument re only supplying personal information, but I doubt it would hold water under scrutiny.

I think to be on the safe side I will send them the £1 and a formal letter requesting the info. Once the post office opens again I get it sent recorded and wait yet again.

Whilst waiting perhaps someone could answer this hypothetical question. The Egg loan in question having been defaulted in 2003 is now of the CRA records and at the minute my credit record has been rebuilt to the point where it is good. Should I proceed along this current course of action it is likely that I will eventually cease my monthly payment to DLC and they in turn will start to notify CRA of my failure to pay (whether the agreement is enforceable or not). If they do this will this failure to pay show up on my CRA records thus blighting them again?

I think to be on the safe side I will send them the £1 and a formal letter requesting the info. Once the post office opens again I get it sent recorded and wait yet again.

Whilst waiting perhaps someone could answer this hypothetical question. The Egg loan in question having been defaulted in 2003 is now of the CRA records and at the minute my credit record has been rebuilt to the point where it is good. Should I proceed along this current course of action it is likely that I will eventually cease my monthly payment to DLC and they in turn will start to notify CRA of my failure to pay (whether the agreement is enforceable or not). If they do this will this failure to pay show up on my CRA records thus blighting them again?

The answer is yes, they would show up on your credit file and spoil your credit. You don't deny owing the money, so why stop paying? You've done well so far getting your credit restored, keep up the good work!

Oops...hopefully that is it fixed now. Babybear...i removed the letter (as it wasnt all that informative).....but cant deletel the copy shown on your post...perhaps you could oblige. :-)

Edited by Paddywack41