Barclays Credit Cards!!!

tim40
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4962 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

This is my first post on a forum like this! ( so please be gentle with me!! :wink:)

I am in desperate need of advice on my Barclays Credit Card. I have had this card with them since about 2004..i'm not sure if i filled out an application form online or not!

I was never working when i applied for this Card...as i was a full time mum! I have since returned back to work but only part time (16 hrs a week). I have now found my self in a debt of £6300 on this account... they have suspened my account and have threatened to issue me with a default notice under section 87(1) of the CCA 1974 and / or a reduction in your credit limit. (this was on my statement ) I have always paid more or the minimum payment per month but got myself behind and found i was paying a late payment fee(£12). I rung them in August to tell them that i was struggerling to make the minimum payment and they have reduced my monthly repayment plan and the interest, they inform me that if i do not keep to this agreement which will be reviewed in 12 months time they will take further action...

Is there anything else that i can do to reduce the payment further? I have read some of the threads in here and i know i can ask them for a CCA but i dont want to up set the apple cart if that makes any sense! Any help or advice it would be appreciated!

Many thanks

Welcome,

It would be sensible to do a CCA request for this as it started before 2007.

Use template letter provided here.

£1.00 postal order is needed for the fee, do not sign the po and send all recorded delivey.

They have 12days + 2 to respond if they can't provide a CCA or ask for more time use the account in dispute letter

from the library.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

This might be better in the main debt form to get further advice from the fount of knowledge on here.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: