Hi, new member trying to reclaim charges from HSBC

ekkypoo1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:lol: Hi all

I am a new member and am starting on the path to reclaim £3k of charges from the last 6 years from HSBC. I have been with them since I was at scholl and out of misplaced loyalty have stayed with them. However since reading about this site on moneysavingexpert.com I decided to see how much I have lost in charges and was horrified. I have now decided to take the setep of getting this back. I have heard that some banks close accounts but I am not too bothered by this as I have another set up just in case. I am currently reading the forums and hope to send off my claim this week. Any tips regarding dealing with HSBC would be greatly appreciated.

Good Luck all and happy hunting!!

Andy

Middlesbrough

I am in the process of claiming from HSBC, First Direct you can look at the sample letters on the Which banking charges web site, i have slightly modified these and so far have received an offer of £260 from First Direct. Ive refused this and sent a stiff letter telling them i will take then to court and so far ive given them 10 working days to reply. Ive received an reply from first direct that they are taking this last letter seriously and that i will receive a response.

Hi Andy,

As a rule of thumb HSBC will not close your account for making one claim. However, HSBC being who they are, will continue applying penalties to your account even after they have refunded your claim. After claiming for these additional charges they will close your account for 'commercial reasons.' In a nutshell they realise that you are onto their scheme, and understand that they will not make any money out of you in the future...so much for free banking.

Apart from that, if you stick to your timetable everything should be plain sailing, and about six or seven weeks after sending your peliminary letter the money should be in your account. Good luck.

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Thanks

Sounds encouraging. If I manage to do get my charges back this will mean so much to me as I will be able to get my whole financial health back in order. I will keep you posted.

Andy