Jump to content

help please ARC /EGG

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4935 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

i few weeks ago i recieved a letter from ARC

stating they were collecting an outstanding debt from Egg.

i disputed the debt and sent a cca request.

ARC replyed stating this is nothing to do with them and if i need the CAA then i need to contact Egg myself.

i have just ignore them and i have now recieved a letter from a soliciters informing me that they are taking me to court to get a ccj.

really worried how can they do this?

any ideas please

Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I sent them the "you haven't fulfilled my CCA request" letter. I've had two letters from Trevor Munn but clearly they are not from a solicitor, one is a proforma to fill out ! They're just using his letter head. It's been a month and nothing has happened. I'd love him to file a claim so he can take a trip to my home town and be told to give me some beer tokens by a judge lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest HeftyHippo

Who is the solicitor? Trevor Munn? Does it say they are taking you to court or does it say that they are instructed that if you do not pay in 10 days they are to start proceedings?


Or does it say that they are preparing papers for Northampton County Court and the only way to stop it is to pay them or contact them?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Guest HeftyHippo

standard letters


IMHO, ARC cannot do anything unless Egg have sold them the debt. if they haven't said so, it is almost certain they haven't. ARC are simply being paid to chase you.


It is also my undersatnding, that as ARC don't own the debt, you dont owe them any money, and you haven't broken any agreement with them. they cannot therefore take you to court for something you dont owe, and cannot claim damages for a contract that doesn't exist.


Do what Harrased Senior says, follow the procedure for requesting info under Civil Procedure Rules. Send it to his home address (have a look for my posts in the last couple of weeks, I gave the address in one of them, or go to the Solcitors Regulation association) its Easterley Boathouse of something. it really upsets ARC when you write there.


He will ignore it, so in a few weeks, you can complain about him to the SRA! Fight back, and most DCAs are inclined to give up.


Munn will ignore it

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

just got a reply from Trevor munn today-


ignore my previous demand for correct paperwork.


new letter states claim is now ready and gives a breakdown of what i owe, court costs and solicitors fees.

they state if i ignore this letter they will proceed ti issue the claim without further notice.


should i just ignore or what do you think??

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can write to them again and say in reference to your letter threatening court action, please refer to my CPR request sent on xxxx(date) and received on xxxx(recorded delivery date) to which I have not received a reply. I understand that in order to issue a claim through the County Courts you must be in possession of the documents to support this claim which I have requested that you supply.


Remind them that the debt is in dispute therefore they should not be threatening further action until this dispute is resolved.


Send a copy of the letters sent and received with a complaint to the SRA.


If they do issue a court claim you can simply defend it on the basis that they have not supplied the documents.

Edited by coledog

Please support CAG and they will support you.


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...