Jump to content

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • Yes, I understand that but I thought, given that's a strong point, they might decide to discontinue and it might not go any further. Not that I'm bothered about going to court, it's just that I don't get anything out of it if I do. I propose a new rule. If the defendant wins, the claimant should have to award the defendant the sum of costs they were seeking. Which in my case is £140 thank you very much. Then it would be worthwhile and they might think twice about pursuing through the courts, lol!    😃
    • The Tories election campaign is basically whatever the Daily Mail and Express write about as concerns of the 'British people'.  The latest speech by Sunak about sick note Britain is the latest. Perhaps there needs to be a discussion on the mental health crisis that is stopping a large number of people from working.  When people are having to wait for months for a Mental Health assessment and then a very long time for any therapy treatment, then that is not going to help. The problem with many politicians speeches is that they identify problems, but when it comes to solutions that are going to cost billions, plus take many years to put into place, they shy away from the practical actions that would be required. Instead they will come up with some slight tinkering actions at a cheaper cost, that won't make much difference.  There are probably  hundreds of thousands of disabled people who would like to work, but many employers won't offer them employment as they are not willing to make the reasonable adjustments to make it happen. If the Government pledged to support employers financially with the costs that would be incurred, then I am sure we would see many more disabled people in workplaces.
    • yeah the outstanding balance is correct as I was already in a payment plan with hmrc up till about a year ago when they suddenly stopped taking payments from my bank so me being naive I just left it assuming they would get back in contact to resume payments but instead I got this letter.. I am just glad it won’t show on my credit file as I have only just got it to excellent   
    • I've had a look on their site to see if there is a way to download photos, but haven't found anything. The best thing is to send them a SAR on Monday.  Invest in a 2nd class stamp and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office. That way they will have to produce the original invoice, a windscreen ticket if it exists, photos, etc.  
    • So today I’ve recieved a letter from J&P after a long time this time with forms attached to respond back about how much I can repay etc and that if I do not respond within 30 days court proceedings will apply   I had wrote to NBD bank to inform them of my new address and to resolve this matter last month, but I haven’t had any confirmation or heard back from them. Should I write to them again?
  • Recommended Topics

  • Our picks

    • If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

      On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

      Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

      The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

      I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

      Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

      Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

      The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

      Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

      One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

      Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

      We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

      It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.


      OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
        • Like
  • Recommended Topics

Disabled person gets huge bill for live in care

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Ive been asked to help in this, so I'll be as brief as poss.


Friend has a daughter who has full benefits and ILF, she has severe eating disorder ( PWS) amongst other things so has to be supervised at all times she is living in accomodation with other service users.

Local authority have been handling all of this, but now the care providers have produced a bill of 1500 for 'care costs'

i havent seen the full contract yet, so bear with me.


Originally our friend had asked that her daughter go to specialist care home outside the bourough, The council refused this and stated they could provide the necessary care.

It is my understanding that this is illegal, however, our friend gave the council a chance to see if they could indeed provide the care required.

Needless to say, the girls' weight has ballooned under this 'care' and her health is at serious risk, ( diabetese, heart, etc).


Now, about this bill, our friend has often had to remove her daughter from the home because of arguments at the home due to her condition, High blood sugar causes her to be very agressive.

so our friend has her over the weekends, so she is querying this bill.

Also, she found out that the carers, ( if you can call them that) have been taking the daughter to restuarants etc, during target support times.

So she has been over eating, hense the weight gain.

To top that off, the carers have been getting their meals paid for by the daughter out of her allowances. Also, the carers take the receipts, which made me a little suspicious.

now forgive me here, but that to me is a complete no no. A care provider, demanding that a vunerable person pays for dinners out?


i have suggested that our friend demand sight of the expense reports for the carers, to see if they are double dipping, then she would have a plan of attack against the 1500 bill.


I'm sure i could add more,

but I'll see what response we get to this first,

Thanks for looking in

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

OK a little update, Ive got them to file a complaint to the SS, then a freedom of information request to the council concerning finances to the care provider, plus any complaints about the care provider. AND a SAR to the care providers for all the personal data.

In the mean time, the mother is going to turn up on the doorstep to retrieve personal belongings, ( I think this may fail unless they phone the police to be present).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Carersuk dot org is an organisation that can help with your friend in this situation by offering advice and suggesting which legal avenue to explore. If her daughter is under the age of 18, I suspect your friend is considered her legal guardian as a parent. If the daughter is over the age of 18, as far as I am aware, if your friend has power of attorney she has every right to withdraw her daughter as long as it does not put her daughter’s life at risk. If she doesn’t hold power of attorney then it may well be her daughter refuses and all your friend may be able to do is seek the help from her G.P. a social worker or someone like that.


I think if you take a look at the carers uk website and see what advice it can offer your friend, at the very least it should point to the right direction of what steps to take.


Good luck.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, a little update, its amazing what a freedom of information request backed up bt SAR and 2 complaints can make,

They had a meeting last friday with SS, and guess what, theyve magically been able to provide funding for out of borough placement.


it s a shame that it had to come to it, but I guess you have to complain in the correct manner,


But thats not the end of the story, because as the daughter has been withdrawn from services and lost her ILF to fund carers to take her out, it would appear that this act is a criminal act. So, a complaint to police for abuse and neglect springs to mind against the boss wjo made the decision to take away services.

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...