Copy of a vehicles SORN Registered in 2004???

JemimaLayton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4990 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here! :)

Its a long story which i wont bore you with but the bottom line is i need to obtain a copy of a SORN registration document that was sent back in February / March 2004.

Firstly, will it state the person/ company registering the SORN?

Secondly, are these public documents that i can get copies of?

Thirdly, i know the make and model of the vehicle and who would have sent the SORN document but cant remember the Reg of the car ( it was mine but it was also 6 years ago and i didnt have it for very long before it blew up :)).

I know this is a long shot but i need to get a copy of this to use in a court case to prove that the other solicitor is lying and trying to pull one over on me so its quite urgent and vital!

Any help and guidance offered would be very welcome.

Many thanks,

Jemima

There's no such thing as a 'SORN' document. Back in 2004 you never even got a receipt, it was just noted on the DVLAs system linked to the VRM. It was in 2006 or so that they sent an 'acknowledgement' letter, but it simply was confirmation to the RK that the application had been prcessed. For the information you seek, providing you WERE the RK, there is no reason why you should not request the DVLA to provide you with all the data it holds concerning the Registration Mark. Visiting your loca DVLA office may be the best way to get advice and pay the appropriate amount for the information required.