How to remove expired default from credit file?

Depo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5010 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

I have following defaults on my file:

Default for 1832£ on 25/05/2003, settled on 03/02/2005. Barclaycard.

Default for 145£ on 04/03/2003, settled on 24/09/2005. Three mobile.

Default for 24£ on 31/05/2007, settled on 07/02/2008. Virgin Media.

When do they expire - when placed on file or settled? If first two are expired, how do I get them removed? Send letter to Equifax or to company who placed it? Is there a special template for such a letter?

Thank you.

They replied with this:

Thank you for getting in touch.

Credit Agreement: Barclaycard Centre (I) / XXXXXXXXXXXX3000

This account was satisfied on the 03/02/2005 and will remain on your credit until 03/02/2011.

Credit Agreement: xxxx (I) / XX1498

This account was satisfied on the 24/09/2005 and will remain on your credit until 24/09/2011.

Credit agreement information remains on your credit report for a period of six years from the date that the account was settled or defaulted, which ever occurs first.

I hope you find this useful. If there’s anything else we can do for you, please let us know.

Kind regards

Equifax Customer Services

Thats nonsense. Proof that CRA staff don't understand the system. The poor goon has contradicted themself. As per their own text, the account drops off 6 years from whichever event occurred first. In your case, the default occurred almost a full 2yrs before the settlement. The maths ain't difficult.

If an account defaults, it doesn't matter what happens after that default, the account must be removed after 6 years. If it wasn't the case, you could be punished indefinately. For example, your account defaults on 12/06/2003. You don't make any further payments to the account. the six year date passes on 13/06/2009 and the default drops off your file. Imagine on 01/03/2012 you decide to pay a vastly reduced sum to the DCA chasing you just to stop them harassing you. DCA puts default back on CRF with settlement date of 01/03/2012. This wouldn't fall off until 02/03/2018. Hardly fair, is it?