Lowell Portfolio I Ltd / Barclaycard

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4979 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Not been on the forum for a little while but I am now in need of a little advice.

I have recently received two letters from Lowell Portfolio I Ltd giving reference to two Barclaycard accounts that were apparently sold to them in June.

Now the strange thing is I did have two accounts with Barclaycard which I disputed back in 2008 and they have been in default of the CCA request ever since.

I say strange because the account numbers that Lowells quote on their paperwork do not match with the account numbers I originally had with Barclaycard and another thing that makes me suspicious about these requests for payment are the letters giving notice of assignment apparently from Barclaycard which were bundled in with the letters from Lowells rather than sent to me separately from Barclaycard.

The quality of the letterhead supposedly from Barclaycard also looks like it has been printed on a bog standard inkjet rather than the laser quality header they tend to use which also leads me to believe that Lowells may well be trying it on.

Given that the account numbers do not match my original accounts do I send off the CCA request and await a response?

Thanks for any advice given.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

After weeks of hearing nothing I have received letters back from Lowells containing statements showing different account numbers to the ones in their original letters, these look similar to the accounts with Barclaycard which have been in dispute since Auguest 2008 due to them defaulting on my CCA request.

Any advice on how to proceed? CCA request or "bemused letter" considering Barclaycard should not have passed on the accounts without first complying with my CCA request?

Thanks again.