PO Boxes

Guest HeftyHippo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5022 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest HeftyHippo

In talking to a friend (non CAGGER) with a small debt problem it seemed we had both encountered a lack of signatures when sending to a PO Box.

he said some time ago (12Months plus), a particular ignorant DCA set their solcitor on him. Not surprisingly, the solictor quote a whole load of "mis facts". Rather than reply to the solcitors PO Box, he found the owners real address from the Royal Mail (a trick he shared with me). He replied to the solcitors office address, and by chance the letter arrived and was signed for on a Saturday. Perhaps it was his home? Anyway, miraculously, a reply arrived on Monday from the DCA. Obviously, the Solcitor had past it to the DCA on Saturday and they replied immediately! The DCAs reply was particuly shirty in that my friend should reply only to them or to their solicitors PO Box.

We discussed it but could see no reason why the real office address should not be used. If it caused a bit of inconvenience, then so what? Its hard to see what inconvenience it would cause arriving with a different address on it. The worst I can see is that his PO Box is delivered to a different door from his personal mail, and he has to go from his office to his home front door to sign for it. Unless of course he refuses recorded mail at his PO BOX! The alternative is that it saved him a visit to collect the mail, s he should be grateful, unless he wouldn't have signed for it!

The DCAs name couldn't be remembered. The solicitor - T Mun.

I cant see what the fuss is. According to the RM, anyone can find out the owner of a PO Box (08457 950950) its in the rules, so anyone taking a Box knows the risks, and Muns address is listed on the SRAs website (I think thats the site), so the info is in the public domain anyway.

However, in future, if I can find the owner of a PO Box, I think I will use it in preference to a Box number, and if they get a bit shirty about it, so much the better.

I cant see any drawbacks to it other than winding them up.

Good on you x

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR