• Tweets

• In my time I've never seen a payout/commission from a PPC to a landlord/MA. Normally the installation of all the cameras/payment of warden patrols etc is free but PPCs keep 100% of the ticket revenue. Not saying it doesn't happen mind. I've done some more digging on this: Remember, what your lease doesn't say is just as important as what it does say. If your lease doesn't mention a parking scheme/employment of a PPC/Paying PCNs etc you're under no legal obligation to play along to the PPC's or the MA's "Terms and conditions". I highly doubt your lease had a variation in place to bring in this permit system. Your lease will likely have a "quiet enjoyment" clause for your demised space and the common areas and having to fight a PPC/MA just to park would breach that. Your lease has supremacy of contract, but I do agree it's worth keeping cool and not parking there (and hence getting PCNs) for a couple months just so that the PPC doesn't get blinded by greed and go nuclear on you if you have 4 or 5 PCNs outstanding. At your next AGM, bring it up that the parking controls need to be removed and mention the legal reasons why. One reason is that under S37(5b) Landlord and Tenant Act 1987,  more than 75% of leaseholders and/or the landlord would have needed to agree, and less than 10% opposed, for the variation to take place. I highly doubt a ballot even happened before the PPC was bought in so OPS even being there is unlawful, breaching the terms of your lease. In this legal sense,  the communal vote of the "directors" of the freehold company would have counted for ONE vote of however many flats there are (leases/tenants) + 1 (landlord). It's going to be interesting to see where this goes.  
    • @Whyisitthisthank you very much for asking. I am still feeling anxious, especially when someone rings the doorbell, or when I receive a letter I feel a it paranoid. I stopped going to the shops unless I really have to. I shop online now. When I see security I feel paralised. 
    • My expectation was their WS would include the best paperwork, like at least true copies of originals, but these just look wrong somehow, perhaps the font and size of font... Not sending me the DN in CCA request but producing it for evidence I would argue could be a tactic used by them... - Page 11 with ticks - there is no reference to IP addresses - Home addresses are correct for dates in documents   Just looking up example Defendant WS's while awaiting your thoughts on this
    • Hello lovely, just posting to check in to see how you are feeling now? Hopefully your feeling better? 
    • Sorry my redactions made it harder dx. Tick dates are 11/12/2014
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • I agree
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Creation/Irwin 1a small claim Summons old BOS then GE Money Joint Loan *WON*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4492 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi PF

I do appreciate all this help you are giving me, even although you are feeling poorly thats what I call dedication.

Hope antibiotics kick in soon.

I took your linkto Companies Hand after some digging out here I found all my correspodance from First National Bank plc and they have a registeration number 593896 on their letters, tapped that in and Hey Presto! it came up with GE Money Home Finance with the old address for First National Bank so can I assume that GE Money took over First National Bank plc therefore would I address it to GE Money or First National or both just to confuse them. (This one shall be by special delivery) the problems I have been having with Recorded delivery just lately are horrendous in the past month no signatures on Royal Mail site for 6 letters posted to different companies.

Put your feet up get the telly on nice hot drink and plenty rest (thats if people like me give you time).

Cheers

AFW

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya AFW yes that is what i am doing and browsing the net via my phone :-) i would address to ge money as they are now the owners with the same company reg number PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hiya peeps

CCA'd Robinson Way & Co on July 7th - No sign of CCA from them also CCa'd Lewis Debt Recovery who have insisted they have sent me CCA but obviously dontknow what they are doing keep on sending me store card CCA.

Receive threatening court letter from Howard Cohen took Ida's advise and sent them letter in post 9 (to Howard Cohen)Well sent letter as advise today I received this in the post from CL Finance some kind of statement but on the back it states it does not contain all information to which I am entitled to...who is playing silly games here?.

I shall up load a copy for your bedtime reading. They are now starting to p**s me off (maybe thats what they are trying to do).

Any advice I do know that this statement does not represent the CCA but read the backof the statement:

Front Page One

Back Rear of page one

just as an extra, have you recevied a default notice for the 'correct account'?

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi Ida THanksfor your reply.

The statement in Post #20 is the first thing I have ever received from CL Finance in connection with this account and I presumed this was in response to my CCA request to Howard Cohen who is now threatening mewith court action. I have written them with Ida's "I am rather bemused letter"

As for aDefault notice I do not hold one on file however at the time we defaulted I was up in the air with having my terminally ill dad staying with us and my Hubby who is not a well man so not sure of default notice.

The only other letter I have apart from demands from Robinson Way is a Notice of Assigmnment which I dont really understand as it is dated September 2008 from Lewis Debt Recovery (This is getting really confusing now.

1. Bank of Scotland Loan

2. Letters from GE Money wanting me to pay them seemingly transferred to them at some point.

3. Then letters from Robinson Way demanding payment. Requested CCA then they wrote saying they were no longer dealing with this loan.

4. Letters from Lewis Debt Recovery wanting payment. ALso a letter from them dated 28 September 2008 Notice of Assignment seemingly Lewis Debt Recovery is giving me notice that GE Money have by assignment dated 31st December 2007. But I was still receiving demand letter from GE Money on 14th January 2008 so how could this have been assigned on 31st December 2009 (not sure really what I am talking about assignment but why dates 31st December 2007 on assignment and then letters from GE Money dated 14th January 2009. Please can you help me my mind is pickle right now.

I shall post up the Notice of Assignment that I received from Lewis Debt Recovery.

Notice of Assignment

AsI have said before Lewis Debt Recovery are adament they have sent me a copy of the CCA but haven't

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

AFW

ok so howard cohen have not responded to the letter direct apart from sending statement?

to be honest there is not much you can do at this stage - just keep copies of all letters sent to and from- just incase - you have done all you can to show the shower of muppets that the have set you the wrong cca - which maybe them trying it on which is a big no no.

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Goodevening PF

Hope you aref eeling better tonight (Antibiotics kickedin yet) I thought I would give you a couple of days rest without me hammering questions at youtolet you recuperate.

I amabout to send the letter to GE Mney but on reading your spread sheet in your email I am not too sure what figures to send them. ANd I didn't want to bother you whileyou were feeling unwell.

Is it the 8% total or 12.5% totals sorry for sounding so stupid but Idon'twant to make a mistake at this level.

Have a nice night.

Cheers

AFW

but I don'twantto make a mistake at this level.

Good Evening AFW,

How are you.

Yes im feeling better just a bit chesty now, but my mum in law has it now will have to keep an eye on her as she is 82.

She was due her flu jab next week too poor girl.

Now the 8% total is the statutory figure and the 12.5% is the total you have paid so that is the one to go for.

Thank You for your concerns.

Could do with some of that fresh Scottish air now lol

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Hiya PF

Glad to hear your better,but sorry to hear your mum-in-law got it especially at 82 years old hopefully with people like you and your good wife looking after her she will be on the mend soon. It takes so much out of them. I remember my dad having it when he was terminally ill and it floored him but he bounced right back again thankfully. Which surprised everyone including his GP.

THereis one thing onthe PPI policy that is not right I only worked 15 hours at the time amd my hubby was medically retired so they should not have sold it to us as it stipulates 16 hours for working. No doubt they will try their hardest to get out of this as I am having trouble just now with GE Money regarding charges for my Daughter. She paid all her store card accounts off and didnt realise she could claim charges sent SAR 2 months ago to GE Money with another letter at the beginning of this month and they are just ignoring the letters obviously because they know its going to cost them a lot of pennies but I believe they think there is a stay on store card charges according to some people on here.

Many thanks once again

Will let you know the outcome of letter as soon as I recieve a reply.Fingers crossed.

Cheers

AFW

Edited by 24233513afw
Blooming space bar keeps sticking need a new one!!!!

Hiya Ida.

Will sit and wait it out for a few weeks and see if anything comes of it.

By the way like the new Aviator but I liked the smurf too.

Cheers

AFW

Edited by 24233513afw
Blooming space bar sticking need anew one!!!!

Hiya afw,

Yes im sure our mum will be fine, she does have angina so any extra stress on her chest could set that off.

Anyway we are checking on her every hour and watching the temperature as it was a bit low this morning.

Because of the above we will call the GP in the morning.

Now the court stay only applies to bank charges not credit or store cards furthermore if you can prove financial hardship the stay on bank charges can be lifted.

Finally you are welcome.

Regards

PF

Blooming space bar keeps sticking need a new one!!!!

Can get them for 2 a penny now ;)

PF

Morning PF

Could I ask you a huge favour could I PM you with the letter I am about to send to GE Money with all the figures in it to get your opinion.

Sorry to be a pest but dont want to make a mistake.

WIll go and get thwhere I get them.ese 2 for a penny keyboards today lol...make my life so much easier.

Hoep your mum-in-law had a good night and feeling better this morning. I do realise that you will be busy due to her not being well so in your own time.

Cheers

AFW

yes certainly ill take a look this evening 4 u PF

Hiya PF

Hope you and your mum are keeping better tonight.

Many thanks for your PM regarding my letter to GE Money asking them to refund my PPI. It is very much appreciated that you took the time to read it over as I was not sure I had put the correct amounts in.

I shall let you know the outcome as soon as I hear from them although not holding my breathe.

Enjoy the rest of your night.

Cheers

AFW

Hiya folks

A bit of a new twist to the saga sent a letter requesting payment of the PPI we have paid on a loan to GE Money/1st National.

Also in the meantime we requested the CCA from Link Capital (I think its known as) and today surprise surprise what came in the post a copy of the CCA.

Now for the 1 million Dollar question....

Because I am claiming PPI for this loan from the original financier can Link enforce payment ?.

They (Link) are threating us with court action but the balance that we owe is much less than the PPI we have claimed from GE Money.

However Link bought this loan from GE Money in 2007

Can anybody help us here ?.

Cheers

AFW

Did you make link aware in the CCA letter that you where in the process of reclaiming the PPI ?

Others may correct me but im of the opinion that the account is in dispute by you due to the PPI claim so no they can not chase you.

If they take you to court i think that could be an oman as you could then counter-claim for the PPI.

There is also no harm telling them that any court action by you will result in a counter claim for the PPI.

Finally this link below maybe of interest to you:

The Consumer Forums - PPI misselling can render CCA loans unenforceable - Very significant for new CCA agreeements

Regards

PF

Hi PF

THanks once again I was thinking exactly what you have said,however if anybody does have a different opinion please feel free to let us know.

Hope you and your mum are keeping better will let you know outcome.

I shall get a letter to them on Monday and see what they have to say.

Afterall they owe us more money than they are trying to get of us.

Have a good night

Cheers

AFW

AFW,

I know where you are coming from as i have the same problem with the Co-op Bank I have a loan of £6000 yet they owe me £26000 in mis-sold PPI

I refused to pay them any more until I get my money back they did default me ( very unfair considering) and harassed me until I got the FOS involved.

Claim started July 2008 and still ongoing.

PF

I know where you are coming from as i have the same problem with the Co-op Bank I have a loan of £6000 yet they owe me £26000 in mis-sold PPI

I refused to pay them any more until I get my money back they did default me ( very unfair considering) and harassed me until I got the FOS involved.

Claim started July 2008 and still ongoing.

PF

Hi PF

I can't believe what I am reading that is daylight robbery and they think they can get away with it.

No wonder they had big fat profits & bonuses well that has to change I shall be rooting for you and keep fingers toes crossed that you get your money back.

It wouldnt be quite fair if all the peolple you help get something back you are such a kind helpful person lets hope you will be repaid for all your hard work.

I have just sat a wrote to link will wait their reply if they do reply considering all the bad postings they are getting on here.

Cheers

AFW

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Just a wee update.

Received a letter last week from OFT eventually thanking me for sending my disclose slip to allow them to disclose my complaint details.

Then today out of the blue I received a Letter from WEst Midlands Debt Collections again demanding payment. (Have not heard anything from them for months)

1. They sent me a blank CCA.

2. In a letter at thebeginning Ida pointed out to me that they do realise that this is not enforceable.

3. Could somebody advise me what to do.

WOuld you reply to WMDC demand letter that i received last week

or ould it be better just to ignore them.

WHen does statue Barred time limit start from I am a bit confused.

Does statue barred start from last payment or last contact from DCA.

Cheers

AFW

last acknowledgment from youself which is normally payment

me personaly would just let wmdc know that this is stll in dipsute and now in the hands of OFT

ida x

• 2 weeks later...

Hi PF and everyone,

Back in the landof living have not been too well recently then computer took a turn for the worst. Anyway back on track now but unfortuately not much to report.

Sent special delivery letter to GE Money to their Middlesex office (which was seemingly redirected by Royal Mail who will not confirm where they redirected it to) this was sent on 5/10/09 by sprecialdelivery adndgave them 7 days to reply regarding the missold PPI to date I have not heard a peep out of them which I knd of expected after reading bit and pieces on here. ANy advice on what I should do now. Just recently I haven'tbeen feeling too good a lot of worries catching up I think so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hope lifes been treating you all a bit better have a good evening.

AFW