• Tweets

• S13 (2)The creditor may not exercise the right under paragraph 4 to recover from the keeper any unpaid parking charges specified in the notice to keeper if, within the period of 28 days beginning with the day after that on which that notice was given, the creditor is given— (a)a statement signed by or on behalf of the vehicle-hire firm to the effect that at the material time the vehicle was hired to a named person under a hire agreement; (b)a copy of the hire agreement; and (c)a copy of a statement of liability signed by the hirer under that hire agreement. As  Arval has complied with the above they cannot be pursued by EC----- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- S14 [1]   the creditor may recover those charges (so far as they remain unpaid) from the hirer. (2)The conditions are that— (a)the creditor has within the relevant period given the hirer a notice in accordance with sub-paragraph (5) (a “notice to hirer”), together with a copy of the documents mentioned in paragraph 13(2) and the notice to keeper; (b)a period of 21 days beginning with the day on which the notice to hirer was given has elapsed;  As ECP did not send copies of the documents to your company and they have given 28 days instead of 21 days they have failed to comply with  the Act so you and your Company are absolved from paying. That is not to say that they won't continue asking to be paid as they do not have the faintest idea how PoFA works. 
    • Euro have got a lot wrong and have failed to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4.  According to Section 13 after ECP have written to Arval they should then send a NTH to the Hirer  which they have done.This eliminates Arval from any further pursuit by ECP. When they wrote to your company they should have sent copies of everything that they asked Arval for. This is to prove that your company agree what happened on the day of the breach. If ECP then comply with the Act they are allowed to pursue the hirer. If they fail, to comply they cannot make the hirer pay. They can pursue until they are blue in the face but the Hirer is not lawfully required to pay them and if it went to Court ECP would lose. Your company could say who was driving but the only person that can be pursued is the Hirer, there does not appear to be an extension for a driver to be pursued. Even if there was, because ECP have failed miserably to comply with the Act  they still have no chance of winning in Court. Here are the relevant Hire sections from the Act below.
    • Thank-you FTMDave for your feedback. May I take this opportunity to say that after reading numerous threads to which you are a contributor, I have great admiration for you. You really do go above and beyond in your efforts to help other people. The time you put in to help, in particular with witness statements is incredible. I am also impressed by the way in which you will defer to others with more experience should there be a particular point that you are not 100% clear on and return with answers or advice that you have sought. I wish I had the ability to help others as you do. There is another forum expert that I must also thank for his time and patience answering my questions and allowing me to come to a “penny drops” moment on one particular issue. I believe he has helped me immensely to understand and to strengthen my own case. I shall not mention who it is here at the moment just in case he would rather I didn't but I greatly appreciate the time he took working through that issue with me. I spent 20+ years of working in an industry that rules and regulations had to be strictly adhered to, indeed, exams had to be taken in order that one had to become qualified in those rules and regulations in order to carry out the duties of the post. In a way, such things as PoFA 2012 are rules and regulations that are not completely alien to me. It has been very enjoyable for me to learn these regulations and the law surrounding them. I wish I had found this forum years ago. I admit that perhaps I had been too keen to express my opinions given that I am still in the learning process. After a suitable period in this industry I became Qualified to teach the rules and regulations and I always said to those I taught that there is no such thing as a stupid question. If opinions, theories and observations are put forward, discussion can take place and as long as the result is that the student is able to clearly see where they went wrong and got to that moment where the penny drops then that is a valuable learning experience. No matter how experienced one is, there is always something to learn and if I did not know the answer to a question, I would say, I don't know the answer to that question but I will go and find out what the answer is. In any posts I have made, I have stated, “unless I am wrong” or “as far as I can see” awaiting a response telling me what I got wrong, if it was wrong. If I am wrong I am only too happy to admit it and take it as a valuable learning experience. I take the point that perhaps I should not post on other peoples threads and I shall refrain from doing so going forward. 🤐 As alluded to, circumstances can change, FTMDave made the following point that it had been boasted that no Caggers, over two years, who had sent a PPC the wrong registration snotty letter, had even been taken to court, let alone lost a court hearing .... but now they have. I too used the word "seemed" because it is true, we haven't had all the details. After perusing this forum I believe certain advice changed here after the Beavis case, I could be wrong but that is what I seem to remember reading. Could it be that after winning the above case in question, a claimant could refer back to this case and claim that a defendant had not made use of the appeal process, therefore allowing the claimant to win? Again, in this instance only, I do not know what is to be gained by not making an appeal or concealing the identity of the driver, especially if it is later admitted that the defendant was the driver and was the one to input the incorrect VRN in error. So far no one has educated me as to the reason why. But, of course, when making an appeal, it should be worded carefully so that an error in the appeal process cannot be referred back to. I thought long and hard about whether or not to post here but I wanted to bring up this point for discussion. Yes, I admit I have limited knowledge, but does that mean I should have kept silent? After I posted that I moved away from this forum slightly to find other avenues to increase my knowledge. I bought a law book and am now following certain lawyers on Youtube in the hope of arming myself with enough ammunition to use in my own case. In one video titled “7 Reasons You Will LOSE Your Court Case (and how to avoid them)” by Black Belt Barrister I believe he makes my point by saying the following, and I quote: “If you ignore the complaint in the first instance and it does eventually end up in court then it's going to look bad that you didn't co-operate in the first place. The court is not going to look kindly on you simply ignoring the company and not, let's say, availing yourself of any kind of appeal opportunities, particularly if we are talking about parking charge notices and things like that.” This point makes me think that, it is not such a bizarre judgement in the end. Only in the case of having proof of payment and inputting an incorrect VRN .... could it be worthwhile making a carefully worded appeal in the first instance? .... If the appeal fails, depending on the reason, surely this could only help if it went to court? As always, any feedback gratefully received.
    • To which official body does one make a formal complaint about a LPA fixed charge receiver? Does one make a complaint first to the company employing the appointed individuals?    Or can one complain immediately to an official body, such as nara?    I've tried researching but there doesn't seem a very clear route on how to legally hold them to account for wrongful behaviour.  It seems frustratingly complicated because they are considered to be officers of the court and held in high esteem - and the borrower is deemed liable for their actions.  Yet what does the borrower do when disclosure shows clear evidence of wrong-doing? Does anyone have any pointers please?
    • Steam is still needed in many industries, but much of it is still made with fossil fuels.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Creation/Irwin 1a small claim Summons old BOS then GE Money Joint Loan *WON*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4487 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi SFU

Many thanks again for your reply and advice...you make it all sound straight forward...I wish. I am **** scared everytime I think about as soon as I open my eyes in the morning its there before I close them at night and the worst part is during the night when you are lying awake and your brain & stomach is doing somersaults

However you have helped to calm me down a bit. This site seems to have that kind of effect on people especiallly when we have people like yourself and others who are prepared to give up your time to help people like me I do hope you realise how much I appreciate what your are doing for me.

You say that the "Summons puzzles you" in that they haven't said anything about an executed agreement I was lead to believe that after 1st Dec 2009 they had to guarantee that one existed (As you said this might turn up in the SAR). As for the Statement of Claim...yes it is as you have said a sheet of paper attched. Also as you said they seem to be going down the line - We loaned you the money now we need the court to help us get it back but nothing saying they have an executed agreement.

(Hopefully because they dont have one)

Will wait for SAR and let you know what I get back in return.

As for preparing a defence I just dont have a clue where to start or finish and would be grateful for any help yopu can give me.

I dont want to hound you constantly so how long do you think I should give them to get back to me with info.

SAR has gone to Creation on Saturaday they received it on Monday but they have forty days to send it back (unfortunately I don't have 40 days)

I have sent a letter yesterday requesting the info from the Sols checked today and Royal Mail are still processing it, I sent it by Recorded Delivery maybe I should have sent it Special Delivery. Do you think I should resend it tomorrow by Special Delivery, see I am starting to panic again.

Once again can't thank you enough enjoy the rest of the evening.

afw

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi SFU

Sorry forgot to mention that there is tons of charges on this account and some PPI that I had at the beginning that I had cancelled would this affect the case.

afw

Edited by 24233513afw
oops spelling!!!

Re charges and ppi, what you would need to do is to work out

1. what they are worth - total
  2. interest on them. To help you to do this I have attached a bank charges calculator. What you do is put in the reason for each charge under "In respect of"; the amount under "amount" (told you this was easy); and the date the charge was made - you will see this on the statement - under days since offence. The sheet will calculate the total charges AND the total interest for you. Easy peasy.
  3. be able to show that they should not have been charged. In the case of PPI that you did cancel, and re the charges put them on notice that you dont consider them to be commensurate with costs that were imposed on then by whatever (going over limit, late payment etc)

Re the SAR and getting a defence together, what you want to do is

1. go along to the court (Sheriff Clerk's office) and explain the situation (they should do this - explain you are defending yourself and you just want a bit of advice on procedure) - that you need the other side to fess up re documents and have put in a SAR, but you have no confidence that they will supply them on time, but you need them to create a defence. I think they will say you will need to put in an Incidental Application asking for a delay, and this will need to be served to the Court and the other side's solicitors. They might seek to resist this, but we can worry about that if it happens.
  2. we can work on a defence once the SAR arrives, because the defence is going to depend on what is in there. With luck it will have nothing with your sig on it. In that case the defence is easy - they are in total breach of s61, and s127 (3) prevents a court issuing any kind of enforcement order. We might also think about having the claim declared incompetent as it should aver there is an executed agreement and it looks as if there isnt. If the SAR turns up anything more - we worry about that then
  3. work out how much they have lumped in for charges (unlawful) and PPI (which you have cancelled) and how much they have charged in interest. This is a sort of belt and braces thing - if they were successful then at least it minimises how much the court will order should be paid.
  4. remember that the court will not require you to pay more than you can afford - this might even be £1 per week.

Re-sending? I wouldnt bother. What you have done is as much as can reasonably be expected imo.

bankcharges.xls

Edited by seriously fed up
to add calculator - sorry I forgot
  • Haha 2

Hi SFU

You are a mine field of Information (I hope I can digest all this and help somebody in my position at a later date).

As for charges....I am not quite sure how much they add up to as I don't have all the statements I shall have to wait until SAR is received. I have got about 6 statements here just now and they have 2 x £20 charges on each of them making £240 for 6 Statements and I do remeber there being many many more charges.

Unfortunately can't get to the Sheriff Court until Tuesday as my Hubby who is not a well man is going for more tests and I have just had a death in the family last night so I shall try and head to Court Tuesday or Wednesday (do you think that is still enough time to get everything up and running).

You suggest a Incidental Application to delay the case when would you suggest sending this to the Court & Sols...nearer the time of the return date or hearing date.

I have done as you suggested and googled Creation and what I have found has been an eye opener. Still to do more reading I will send you a PM with details of the Sols (to let you know who we are up against) and other bits and pieces hope this is okay with you.

As for the PPI I did not realise that I should never have had this as I only worked 15 hours (but didn't know that at the time).

afw

Charges - yes wait till you get the whole lot, then put them into the excel sheet attached to my last post (forgot to do that last night :oops: ). It will work out the total, and the interest due (at 8% judicial interest so they cant argue)

Sorry to hear about your husband, and the death. Must seem like a very hard time - but it will get better (or this aspect will). Tuesday/ Wednesday will be fine. If you can try getting there when things are quiet - toward the end of the day maybe? Then you are more likely to get attention. Just for info, they will ONLY advise on procedure - you will NOT get any legal advice so dont expect any.

When to put the IA in is a bit touchy feely. Certainly not too soon. but not the last minute. I would say no later than the 21st as even if they come up with the SAR between the 22nd and the 28th you dont have that much time to come up with a defence.

Did you come across this guy in your Google search - Magictorch - The Consumer Forums. See in particular this post http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/store-cards/87083-creation-financial-services-want.html - ok its 2007, but I have checked and he (she?) is still active on the site so it might be worth doing him a pm. Magic Torch should know your enemy better than anyone.

Thanks SFU,

Some advice AFW, do not try and overload yourself everyday with this especailly last thing before bed (although this is probarbly the best time)

try and allocate some time each/every other day and then leave it at the side so you can try and get some peace. Keep a notebook at the side of the comp for any notes you want to take or write down things that you need to do so they don't keep swimming around your head at night.

nip to asda (skool stuff on offer) and get yourself some folders etc to start a file to keep all the stuff together.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Hi SFU

Did you get my PM, would it help me to let them know what I have or better keeping that under mt hat.....

Thank you for listening (or should I say reading) my ranting on I have so much in my head to ask it just swims around in brain (as Ida says) going to take Ida's advice with the notebook next to the comp.

Hoping to get to Sheriff Court on Tuesday as Hubby at Hospital Monday and I have a funeral to go to on Wednesday everything seems to come at the same time .

I came across magictorch way back in July 2009 I did post a mesaage but he/she never got back to me, however I shall PM them at the weekend again to see if they can help.

Will give you a wee bit peace and quite over the weekend as I have a lot or arranging to do with my Hubby going into hospital and having to go to a funeral on Wednesday. Thanks again SFU you are greatly appreciated.

Cheers

AFW

Hi Ida

Thanks for your help I know what you are saying regarding overloading my brain it doesn't take much I can assure you I think all the wee pigeon holes in my brain are full to the brim just now.

But I shall take all your tips on board I shall get some Folders and Notepad together and start jotting down as you said"It is all swimming about in my head and I get scared in case I forget something (which I normally do).

Normally last thing a night is the only time I can get on the computer for any length of time and by the time I am going to bed my brain is doing henners!!!!.

I shall try and chill out a bit at the weekend and give you all a bit of peace.

Isn't SFU a pure gem he/she has helped so much over the past few days and it has helped me see things in a different light.

yes i did, but most of what was to be said i said in the post above.

let's know how you get on when you go to the Sheriff Clerk's office (that's what to ask for), and if you get Magic Torch to get back to you.

When these people contact you it does set you buzzing - me too - i had one mob on today (no signed anything) and its still upsetting. But you learn to live with it.

Hope hubby's news is good

Its no bother. What goes around comes around.

SFU :)

Hi SFU, Ida

Hope you both had a good weekend ?.

Went to Sheriff Court today spoke to a clerk, however complete waste of time all he kept on saying is that a small claims summons is more or less self explanatory i.e Return your defence by return date and turn up for the hearing on the hearing date. He did say that I could send in an Incidential Application for Specification of Documents (not quite sure how to do this) to see if they send me any documents. I have already sent letters to Sols and OC for documents last week should I also send this Incidential Apllication to the court........

Also he would not commit to anything I asked him, when I said if I did not receive the documents that I need from Sols or OC could I delay the hearing date he just said ask the sheriff.....so does this mean I still have to turn up for the hearing date even although I have no evidence apart from the letters I have just now. Seemingly there is a In Court Adviser I can phone but have tried since I got home and no joy.

I have a funeral tomorrow, also my hubby unwell and now my Daughter has been taken into hospital today and my head is spinning in every direction.

I shall try and phone this In Court Adviser tomorrow inbetween funeral and visiting times just to see if they can help me further.

How long do you think I should wait to put Incidential Application for specification of Documents to court and do I also need to send one to let them know I do not have anyDocuments from Sols & OC.

AFW

Yes sometimes you get someone who will be a wee bit helpful with guiding you through procedure. Other times - like this one - you dont.

Re the Incidental application its the word document attached

As you can see its pretty simple - trick is to get the wording right. They guy on here who is top man for this sort of thing is Monty2007 - you might want to PM him. Basically what you need to say is that you have made a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act of the pursuers to obtain documents which you will rely on in court, and that you request the court to delay proceedings till these documents have been provided and you have had a reasonable time to consider them. You will need to specify a date, and I would have thought that fifty days after you sent the SAR would be reasonable (ie the 40 statutory days + 10).

You will also find the attached pdf useful. Particularly interesting is page 11 (section 4.17 - its actually page 12 if using reader on screen), which tells us that no less than 14 days before the hearing when evidence is to be led. This is not the date of the first hearing - at that hearing you would have to argue that they dont have a s61 1a compliant document so the court's hands are tied by s127 (3). They will contend that they do so another date would be set and no less than 14 days before that second date the other side will have to put their cards (or their documents :D) on the table for you to see and we can structure a full defence around that.

Alternatively, if you go on a wee bit past that there is another procedure that we could use in section 4.18 on recovery of documents, using an incidental application. The document takes you through this - basically you submit the IA to the other side and ask them to offer up the documents to you. If they dont then the court will make a ruling (hopefully in your favour), and the court will then secure the documents. Once they have been provided you can view them at the court (you wont be able to take them away though).

So either way, they wiill need to put their cards on the table.

Questions

1. when to put in the IA for provision of documents - I would say as soon as we can be sure the wording is right - try to contact Monty. There is also some guidance on this (not much though) in the pdf

2. when to make your defence - this is going to be that

1.The PURSUER’S averments are irrelevant et separatim lacking in specification, the action should be dismissedlink3.gif

2.The purported credit card agreement which the PURSUERS will present as evidence, does not conform in form or content to Section 60(1)(a) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and as such is unenforceable under Section 127(3) of the same Act. The Defender craves that the court uses its powers under Section 142 of the same Act and declare that the purported credit card agreement supplied by the Pursuer as unenforceable.

Did they serve a default notice btw? Dont think I asked this.If not, we can chuck that at them as well.

But it would be good to see their documents first, so lets look at getting the IA in. PM Monty2007 (he sketched out the above which was part of my defence with M&S) in the first instance.

IncidentalApplication-1.doc

small claims procedure.pdf

Hi SFU

Thank you for all this information I am not long back from a family funeral and have not quite had the time to digest it all, did try to get a hold of the In Court Adviser today before I went away but can't seem to get through, but thats my luck, nae luck.

I have also tried to PM Monty2007 today but he does not receive PM is there any other way I can contact him to see if he can help me with the wording of the IA the Court Clerk was talking about.

I am really a bit emotional tonight (due to the attending funeral today)so I think I shall leave the reading the pdf attachments you kindly sent me until tomorrow in the hope by then my brain will be hopefully a bit more competent and hopefully Monty2007 may see this thread and let me have his expert advice, opinion.

Cheers

AFW

Hi AFW,

CAn you remind me when the defense has to be in?

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

The return date for the defence is 25/8. To be honest its not the defence that concerns me. That will almost certainly be that they dont have a cca compliant agreement that they can show the court and thus 127 (3) applies. On the basis of what AFW has said they dont seem to have anything.

So my concern (paranoia) centres on them producing something on the day of the hearing. To obviate that, she has put in a SAR, but it was only in the last 7 days or so. Therefore they have another nearly 5 weeks to respond. This is why I have suggested an IA to get the hearing - scheduled for the week after the 25th - to be postponed till the documents the SAR produces have been delivered and we have had a chance to consider what difference they make to her case (if any).

Hence my emphasis on the IA. This is heightened by the greater informality of small claims and the emphasis on producing a resolution - they arrive tooled up with statements, a blank application form and a set of t&cs (whether connected or not) and simply argue "lending took place so we want our money". In some ways the lack of formality might be against us? :?:

I would be more than happy to be told that I am being over cautious or even paranoid btw. Just want to be careful and make sure NOTHING goes wrong.

Hiya SFU & Ida

Firstly, SFU thanks for replying to Ida you have got it in a nut shell it is exactly what I have been thinking.

I am totally paranoid that on the day they are going to produce something that they have dug up.

As SFU said if only I could get them to reschedule the hearing for a later date to give me time to get their reply for the SAR (Which no doubt they are going to delay).

It does seem as though they are hedging on the claim as "We lent you the money so pay us Back" as they do not make any reference to the CCA in their claim.

I was hoping that I could put in a Incidential Application for a reschedule until documents arrive. Also maybe another Incidential Application for a Specification of Documents as if I did this would it let me know sooner that they did or didn't have original CCA rather than have to wait for SAR to come back.

As SFU says "Monty2007 is the top man for wording these IA on here but I cannot get a hold of him. Is there anyway Ida we can contact him to get his attention and see if he would be prepared to help with his expertise. I have tried to PM Mont2007 but he does not acceot PM's.

As for the Default Notice SFU, they originally defaulted me in May 2007 on my Credit File but I definately did not receive a default notice at that time. I did receive a Default Notice from Creation in July 2010 3 yeard after default was registered on my file.

If anybody has a way of contacting Monty2007 please would they do so on my behalf so that he could put some of his expertise into this thread it would be greatly appreciated.

Once again folks many thanks for your help it is giving me a little bit more confidence and spirit knowing that you are out there.

Cheers

AFW

First of all AFW, this is being worked on behind the scenes, so just bear with us. Time is important but at this point not crucial.

Secondly, dont you be paranoid -I am more than paranoid enough for us both :D. On balance I dont think its going to be determining if you get a successful IA. From what we have seen so far, its going to be for you to go in and say they dont have a compliant agreement so the court cannot issue an order (you might also want to have a crack at them on the way past that they have averred in the POC that there is an agreement but they havent produced it, so is the claim incompetent?).

But to dot the ts and cross the is, I would be happier if we could see their full hand.

Ok you already have the blank template the SFU provided for the IA.

WE need to ask for a sist for 40 days or more since the docs are crucial for the the construction of the defence

The defender seeks a sist for xx days. The defender has sent a subject access request to (name and address of sols) and (name and address of OC) and these were signed for on the xx/xx/xx and the xx/xx/xx. The recipients have 40 days in which to supply all data and documents the hold on the defender. These Documents are crucial for the constrcution of a defence.

mind spellcheck

this has to be served to the sols and the court

ida x

[Ok you already have the blank template the SFU provided for the IA.

WE need to ask for a sist for 40 days or more since the docs are crucial for the the construction of the defence

The defender seeks a sist for xx days. The defender has sent a subject access request to (name and address of sols) and (name and address of OC) and these were signed for on the xx/xx/xx and the xx/xx/xx. The recipients have 40 days in which to supply all data and documents the hold on the defender. These Documents are crucial for the constrcution of a defence.

mind spellcheck

this has to be served to the sols and the court

ida x]

Hi Ida and SFU

Thanks for your replies and all your help (Sorry SFU if I was being too demanding I am just really worried) I do realise you have other things in life and other people on here to help (Not just me) and boy do I appreciate this help.

Ida, the IA (First line) The Defender seeks a sist for XX days - Do I put 40 days in here or do I calculate 40 days from when they (being OC & Sols) received SAR.

If I put 40 days in would that mean 40 days from the date of the hearing which is 8/9/2010 = 18/10/2010 would they allow this much more time. Or from the return date.

Sorry for being a dippet pest just want to get it right and not cock up all the hard work you & SFU are doing for me.

Cheers

AFW

no to allow time for you to receive them so 40 days from the date they rec'd the sar's and a further 10 for you to make a defence so about 50 days from the recipt date of the sar

Hiya

More mind boggling questions.................

SAR sent to OC sent 24/7/2010 - Received 26/7/2010

SAR sent to Sols 26/7/2010 - No Signature - Then resent by Special Delivvery 31/7/2010 - Rec 02/8/2010

So I count 50 days from 02/8/2010 which would be 21/9/2010, would I enter 27 days from original Returns date 25/9/2010 or 14 days from original hearing date 8/9/2010.

Therefore I should put :

The Defender seeks a sist for 27 days which would mean this would be 21/9/2010 if I go by Return Date

The Defender seeks a sist for 14 days which would mean this would be 21/9/2010 if I go by Hearing Date

If I had to get the defence in by the 1st Return 25/8/2010 date then would I want to delay this for the return date to allow us to get a defence in.

does it mean that they would send two new dates a Return Date and Hearing Date if this was to be allowed.

Hope I have explained this right - Sorry may sound a bit higgly piggily!!!!!

Cheers

AFW

Hi Ida & SFU

I just receive a default notice in July 2010 although they had recorded a default on my Credit Record in Sept 2007 but never sent a default notice at the time. Not sure what they are playing at.....

I have decided to go with the IA that Ida gave me a link to as that seems to cover both delay & documents.

Its getting a bit scarey now but with all your help and hard work I am determined to see this through to the bitter end. Can't thank you both enough for all your help. As you said SFU Ida (Gypsy Rose Lea) seems to have powers on the other side.

I shall try a get this all typed up tonight the sooner the better. WOuld it be better to hand delivery (Would I get a receipt) or send Special Delivery. I take it once the court receives this they contact the Sols to tell them whats required.

I am hospital visiting tonight so wont get back to 9ish but have an early start tomorrow 5am so I shall try my hardest to put up a copy of the IA (In fact I shall PM it to you) know point in letting the other side see what they are getting before they get it.

Cheers

AFW

Just a thought. What is the date on the DN in July and what is the date that the POC were issued? There should be at least 28 days in between (to allow you to make good the default). May not lead anywhere, but you never know.

Other than that, yes get the IA sorted out. Lets see how the court responds and how the other side like this one. They might be surprised to find you fighting back. Lets see.

when you have amo can you scan up the default notice and did you keep the envelope?

you can hand delvier to the court but SD to the sols

Hi Ida & SFU

I shall post all details regarding default notice up tomorrow there is a copy of the default notice that I received in July 2010 in Post #8. I am sure I still have the envelope .

Ida you say I can hand deliver to Court but SD to Sols does that mean I have to send a copy of the IA to the Sols. I thought I had read something somewhere on here, I think was on the Court Leaflet that SFU posted up and I thought I sent IA to the court then the court contacts or sends Sols the IA for the documents. (Knowing my frame of mind I could have read it wrong). Will get everything ready tomorrow and let you have a look before I post anything away. I am not taking any chances.

Up really early tomorrow 5am so away to try and get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Night Night all.

AFW

Edited by 24233513afw
spelling oops!!!! sorry