• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Black Horse Issues

neolight90
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey all just wanted some advice if thats ok, although I think I am stuck with this one.

I decided two years ago to buy a £15k car, I was not really sure at the time and my misses said no but somehow I let the car sales man sell it to me! I know aint they good, the finance turned out to be with black horse, I should have read the documents better but he said it would be ok, Anyhow as soon as I got the car and all the documents I saw how much it was costing me, I borrowed 15K they wanted 22K back over the 5 year period, plus the monthly payments were £353 a month!

I rang them and said I don't want the car I cant afford it please take it back, to which they said no, fair enough I thought I will sell it and give them the money I owe, I tried to sell it a few times but it was taking ages I asked them for a final value fee they said I owe them £15,553 now with interest, yes thats 2 months interest!! £553!!

so 2 months went by and I could not sell so I told them to take it back which they did and sold at auction for £14,100 I thought fair enough I would have to pay the difference, but I got a letter from them stating I now owe £7335 and if I don't pay they would take me to court, of course I did not have that kind of money nor did I think it was fair that they said they had added the interest for the 5 years even though I do not have the finance with them anymore.

I know I was stupid and I would never get into anything like that again, I dont want it to affect my Police role nor do I think its fair they ask this much of me!

Allied international I believe they are called are chasing me on and off for a year or so now, but for some reason this HP on my Experian report is showing green each month like I am paying it off, I think they said it has something to do with using the money they sold the car for and applying it to the loan.

Any ideas on what I can do if anything, Black Horse said they wont talk to me now I must talk to AI he said he wants 4 grand in a settlement, if only they did what they said they were going to do and stand by the offer of the £15,553 I would only owe the difference between 14,100 and that which I would pay off.

If you need any more information let me know.

Thanks

Update it has gone from being green on my experian report to being defaulted, all hopes of buying a house with my family this year is gone and so is joining the Police. I cant get any lower and it seems I cant get help on here either as no one has replied :(

Thank you. What does it mean when you flag up my case I contacted FO who said they are going to lodge a complaint for me I should send a letter request all documents black horse hold on me where can I find a template please

u can make an offer to on the condition the default is removed send a letter with a FULL and FINAL offer.

do u have a default notice? termination of contract? notice of assigenment THEY NEED ALL THIS TO PURSUE YOU and the default stays on your file for 6 years

THEIR ADDRESS (your address opposite, top right)

DATE

REFERENCE: DATA PROTECTION ACT

SUB REF: Subject Access Request pursuant to PART 11 sec 7 (2) (a) and (b) of the Data Protection Act.

Account Ref: xxxxxxx (put in your account No.)

Sort Code: xxxxxxx (put in your sort code No.)

Note: For the purpose of this communication and all or any subsequent written correspondance that may follow relating directly to the contents herein. 'I', 'Me' and 'My' shall mean: Mr (put your name here). 'You', 'Your organization' 'Group' or similar, 'Data Controller' shall mean: Lloydslink3.gif TSB and all associated companies.

Dear Robot, (obviously put Sir/Madam)

In accordance with my full legal rights of access to any of my personal information/data under the above-mentioned Statute that is held on your (Lloyds TSB's) internal system of records and relates directly to me, I, Mr (put in your name) respectfully request that you (Lloyds TSB) provide me with a hard copy of all of my personal datalink3.gif that you do so hold in any relevant filing system (including manual filing systems) within your organization (Group) and including all archived records that date back over the previous six (6) years to the present day.

Futhermore, I respectfully require you to provide me with any of my personal information that you hold in any electronic form of filing system ensuring that the hard copies that you send to me are legible and that all and any codes and abreviations are also provided in order to assist me in being able to easily read the documents containing my personal datalink3.gif.

Further to the above, I specifically request that you provide me with every single bank statement dating back over the previous six (6) years to the present day.

I also request that you provide me with a copy of my account agreement including all of the terms and conditionslink3.gif that applied at the time of my opening the account, a copy of any changes to the agreement that you may of introduced since the time of opening the account and a copy of any terms and conditionslink3.gif that may apply to present day banking and transactions to the account.

Finally, I request that you provide me with a comprehensive list of all charges that you have applied to my account dating back over the previous six (6) years, to include, showing what the offence was, the date of any such offence and the amount applied as a charge to my account.

In relation to the above paragraph, I respectfully request that you justify any sum amount that has been applied to the account to show that the sum amount (charge) does indeed reflect actual costs incurred and not exceed any damages the bank may have suffered due to any breach of contract to the account.

I trust that you will make as serious effort to understand your legal obligations under the Data Protection Act and provide me with all that I have a legal right of entitlement to under the said Statute.

According to the Information Commisioners Office the maximum fee that you may charge for my Subject Access Request is £10.00 (ten pounds) and so I therefor have enclosed the required fee.

I understand that you have forty (40) days to comply with my rights of access to my personal data of any description and as prescribed in this communication under the Data Protection Act.

I also request that you provide me with the contact details of the case officer or compliance team that will be managing my Subject Access Request.

I would like to express my gratitude to you in advance for your consideration and attention to this communication.

I Look forward to your full response within the accepted time scale.

Yours Faithfully

Have they sent you a statement of account that shows how the £7335 is made up? If not, ask them to justify the amount.

Also, what is the answer about PPI - is there any on the loan?

Hi all thanks for the replies,

I will do my best to answer them for now.

As far as PPI goes I am not sure I cannot find it anywhere, I have a copy of the contract from them as well as some letters one of which stating what they want as a settlement at the time was £15,553, they sold the car for £14,100 they told me??? and then asked for £7,834 as they lent me £22k I said it was only £15k and they stated they front loaded the interest, to which I replied in a 2 month period????

Been fighting them since I must admit I did bury my head in the sand as I was getting nowhere and they had my old address for the last 3 years.

I was happy kind of as my credit file was in the green untill this month it went from green to Default.

I do not believe I had a default notice but a few bits of the paper work got lost in the move so I cant be 100%

They have not sent me any paperwork in 3 years well they might have but I have moved.

I want to send them a letter do I send a CCA or a SAR the letter above is good but it states it was a bank account it was in fact a HP Loan.

Is there a letter to request all details they hold and any paperwork as well as what the hell is this default all about, can you show me the paper for this as well??

With regards to the letter which address should I put my old or new one as they may send the letter back saying they dont know me as my address is different

If anyone wants to know anything else please ask, I am desperate to sort this for my futures sake.

Neolight u must sar them and officially they should send you an agreement I'll giv u example I had a 9k loan with poi lloyds coughed upto the tune of 2.4k u stand up they font like it..... Never panic the caggers are the best on the net ur in v good hands

I think a CCA request is better in this case for several reasons:

1. It gets you exactly what you need - the agreement and a statement of account (they don't necessarily send the agreement with an SAR)

2. it only costs £1 (SAR costs £10)

3. they have 12 days to comply (SAR has 40)

Just holding off sending this untill I am sure that its a CCA I need to send and that I sent it as it is rather then add anything extra to it

I got a letter from FO today saying they are taking my complaint to Black Horse and I should hear from Black Horse soon, I need to get this CCA out so Black Horse know what I am complaining about

Any help please with the CCA would be great at this point so I can get it rolling

Can someone post up a mock letter of what I should send please and what I should be asking for, or am I just sending the template as it is???

Thanks

Edited by neolight90

neolight90,

Hit the red triangle at the left side of your post and ask a mod

or site helper for advice, "before" you commit to the template.

"EXEMPLO DUCEMUS"

• 3 weeks later...

I sent the CCA on the 16th of June recorded, still not had a reply back from them other then the one about you complained to the FO what is the problem, but they sent that before they received my letter.

What should I do now?

I recieved a letter from Black Horse stating that I must send them a signed letter stating that because the address I live at now is different I must prove to them I am who I am.

I dont want to send them a signed anything

I know I probably wont get a reply but if I do what should I say next?

Thanks