style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Hubby is having problems with MBNA & PPI . He was made redundant, we had notice of this so wrote to MBNA stating that as he has PPI insurance could he have a claim form sent and would they accept a nominal £5 per month until the claim could be sorted out. They cancelled the PPI insurance and cancelled his card, spoke to a guy there who admitted it was their fault and reinstated the ppi, then said rang constantly & said i'd lied and i'd cancelled it on his behalf when I referred to the letter and subsequent telephone call they denied and said it was lies. I've put in a cca request 1st time they denied i'd sent a cheque so i sent it again which they cashed , their customer complaints dept then got involved, PPI still hasn't paid out , they want his p45, p60 and all 52 pay slips for completed by the benefits office ( they have had copies of the AB11 form and redundancy notice , they have lost the copy of the redndancy notice but have the AB11 for , which was sent in the same envelope!!! Suggested to complaints that this PPi was misold as he can't claim despite being made redundant they say he can just needs to send in everything they ask for. Out of curiosity I rang the PPI company and asked what would be required if I was made redundant they said just redundancy notice and AB11 form . Hubby rang the PPI company and asked why they wanted extra info from him and they said cos they did . Can he claim PPI back due to this . He is now back in employment , although on a lot lower salary and we can afford the monthly repayments . PPi insurance wasn't taken out when the card was first issued but the complaints dept seems to think it was?and now they've put ppi back on the account they say they can't confirm when he first took it out shall I send a SAR as they have now put his account in default , I have already sent a reminder letter for the CCA after 15 days( recorded delivery as they cashed my cheque)

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Lin

Hi Hubby is having problems with MBNA & PPI . He was made redundant, we had notice of this so wrote to MBNA stating that as he has PPI insurance could he have a claim form sent and would they accept a nominal £5 per month until the claim could be sorted out. They cancelled the PPI insurance and cancelled his card, spoke to a guy there who admitted it was their fault and reinstated the ppi, then said rang constantly & said i'd lied and i'd cancelled it on his behalf when I referred to the letter and subsequent telephone call they denied and said it was lies. I've put in a cca request 1st time they denied i'd sent a cheque so i sent it again which they cashed , their customer complaints dept then got involved, PPI still hasn't paid out , they want his p45, p60 and all 52 pay slips for completed by the benefits office ( they have had copies of the AB11 form and redundancy notice , they have lost the copy of the redndancy notice but have the AB11 for , which was sent in the same envelope!!! Suggested to complaints that this PPi was misold as he can't claim despite being made redundant they say he can just needs to send in everything they ask for. Out of curiosity I rang the PPI company and asked what would be required if I was made redundant they said just redundancy notice and AB11 form . Hubby rang the PPI company and asked why they wanted extra info from him and they said cos they did . Can he claim PPI back due to this . He is now back in employment , although on a lot lower salary and we can afford the monthly repayments . PPi insurance wasn't taken out when the card was first issued but the complaints dept seems to think it was?and now they've put ppi back on the account they say they can't confirm when he first took it out shall I send a SAR as they have now put his account in default , I have already sent a reminder letter for the CCA after 15 days( recorded delivery as they cashed my cheque)

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Lin

Yes start with the SAR...links here....

Full SAR for ppi

Data Protection Act 1998 - Subject Access Request

make sure you ask for all of this...

You can be specific with what data you request although the Subject Access Request is really asking for everything. The Statutory fee is £10.00 Postal Order is fine but keep the details of the number for future reference. The post office will be able to confirm when it was encashed (just call 01246 542091 they will even send written confirmation if you request it) Send all correspondence by at least recorded to be signed for so you can track delivery through Royal Mail

You should request the following documents:

A true copy of your Consumer Credit Agreement with the Terms and Conditions that were applicable at the time you took the loan/card/mortgage.

A ‘demands and needs’ questionnaire.

Copies of all statements applicable to the loan/card/mortgage.

Copies of all correspondence that apply to you as a data subject ie letters, emails, faxes etc.

Copies of all recorded telephone calls or transcripts of the recordings.

Copies of any notes made by bank/loan company staff in their dealings with you as a data subject.

Do not be fobbed off by them citing issues such as relevant filing systems.

If they have any records/data on you as a data subject and it is held under your name, address, post code, account number/s or any other system where the data is identifiable to you then it is a relevant filing system. Even if it is a specific serial number on microfiche records and the serial number is applicable to you.

Once you have all of the relevant detail start your claim for mis-sold PPI to MBNA if you do not get a satisfactory response within 8 Weeks then you should submit a formal complain to the Financial Ombudsman Service who will deal with you complaint.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...complaints.htm

good luck

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 1 month later...
well SAR received just within dateso will now start ppi reclaim as hubby has never signed asking for it and the phone calls say he was told pre existing conditions weren't covered but nothing to say he accepted this .

Hi happybutskint:)

Just wishing you well with your claim! If it's anything like the one I did recently to them after a couple of their initial 'we're looking into your complaint' letters OH got a call from them (watch out for this as it will catch you unawares as it did Mr L), offering to refund the premiums paid.

It was much quicker than my previous MBNA claim which had to go through the FOS - so they appear to finally be getting the idea that these PPI policies were mis-sold en masse and doing something more positive about it!

They are terrible to deal with over the issue of interest though as they only like to pay 'associated interest' which usually amounts to very little :( So once again, be prepared to argue with them over this point.

Good Luck!

Landy x

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%