style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5116 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was visited by a bailiff today, who wanted £450 i could only offer £180 plus a offer of a payment plan in instalments, he visited a few days earlier asking for the £450.

On his first visit he was polite but today i seen his true side, he was verbally aggressive and then tried to double the amount i owe saying if i didnt pay within a hour he would enter my propery without my permission or get me arrested and then go the prison.

I told him to phone the police which he said he already had and was waiting for them (hes gone now)

Then he decided he was going to clamp my boyfreinds car, he then got the wheel clamp from out of his van, my boyfreind then drove off in the car, the bailif then threw the wheel clamp on the floor which would of hit me if i had not moved, he then screamed he would be %^&& back tommorow to take all of mine and the childrens possesions.

Can anyone offer any advice please, i know not to open the door.

it is for council tax and i have 2 witnessess how do i put in a formal complaint as i foned the company (rossendales) and they werent intrested

First thing in the morning ring the Council - you need to know how much the Liability Order was for and how much is still outstanding.

The Bailiff has offered you nothing but hassle - he can't arrest you, he can't send you to prison and he can't lift anything from children. He can however visit you early in the morning or late in the evening and make life a bit unpleasant. DO NOT let him in under any circumstances whatever pretence he may use. Move the car well away from the property preferably in a garage as he has had sight of it and may remember its details. It may also pay to get a supply of dummies in so you can give him a new one when he spits it out.

Keep him out and all you will become liable for are his fees for 2 visits. Incidentally are you claiming any type of benefits or do any of the family suffer from any illnesses or disabilities.

If you have some independent witnesses to todays contretemps then I would suggest you speak to them and get them to write to the CEO of the Council with their observations marking the letter/envelope Private & Confidential and head it Formal Complaint.

As the Bailiff has not left you any of his paperwork with his charges to date I would suggest you write to them using a letter similar to the one below. Use and adapt as you see fit and sent it by email & Signed For letter.

"From:

My Name

My Address

To:

Acme Bailiff Co

Bailiff House

Ref: Account No: 123456

Dear Sir

With reference to the above account. Can you please provide me with a breakdown of the charges including Computer Screenshot.

This includes:

a - the time & date of any Bailiff action that incurred a Fee.

b - the reason for the fee.

c - the name(s) of the Bailiff(s) that attended on each occasion a Fee was charged.

d - the name(s) of the Court(s) the Bailiff(s) was/were Cerificated at.

e - the date of the Certification.

This is not a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act S7 1998 so does not incur a fee of £10. You are obliged to provide this information.

I require this information within 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Ripped off customer"

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi green//

Have a read through this document [you'll need to scroll to the top] and it'll give you clear indication as to how bailiffs should conduct themselves:

Department for Constitutional Affairs - Enforcement - National Standards for Enforcement Agents

If you haven't already done so, ask your two witnesses to write down what they saw and heard, sign and date the statements. You'll be surprised how quickly important details slip from the mind as days go by. [or is that only me???]

Do let us know if there is anything else in your household circumstances that may be of interest.

Best wishes

Rae

hi rae

thanks for that info,i have already got my statments of my witnessess as ur like me forget details as time goes by lol,i have also phoned the council they are sending me a complaint form and are taking the debt back for me so i have paid them the money instead,oh and hs hasnt turned back up again even though he was shouting he was going to come back and take whatever he wanted, thanks for your help as i would of not known what to do thank god for these sites

best wishes to you all and i'll let you know if he does come back

charlie xx

Hi - I might be barking on the wrong thread.. but im wandering if anyone knows the legal status of whether or not a bailiff collecting council tax arrears can clamp and threaten to remove a car that has a taxation class as " disabled "? The car is registered in my name, and I use the car predominantly for my mother who is disabled and I dont pay car tax due to her getting the higher rate DLA. The tax arrears are in my name.

Any help on this matter would be appreciated.