• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

SAR Follow Up

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4989 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks

I submitted my SAR to RBS on 14th March 2010.

I have had loans and credit cards all with PPI applied and I have some of the original statements and loan agreements but not all. Hence submitting the SAR. My credit cards and loans all ran between 1992 and 2002

I received a reply today from RBS in respect of the credit card statements.

They state "as the accounts have been closed for more than 6 years, we no longer hold information".

They did not provide any proof that the records have been destroyed even though I requested it in the SAR.

Is there anything else I can do or just accept that its out of time!!

Cheers

FMC

Abbey National SAR sent 15/03/2010

RBS SAR sent 15/03/2010

Cahoot SAR sent 22/03/2010

Northern Rock SAR sent 22/03/2010

EGG SAR sent 22/03/2010

Morgan Stanley SAR sent 22/03/2010

MBNA SAR sent 22/03/2010

Hello fmc,

RBS are a pain in the backside,

Please see this thread of my long battle and you will see that I managed to claim back several years. You may wish to use some of this information to back up your claim for information beyond six years. My Guess is if you apply more pressure through the FOS you will get a result. Please feel free to copy anything useful from my thread but using your own data to strengthen your case.

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Long thread but I got back over £10k

good luck

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

alanalana

Thanks very much for your reply.

I decided to send them a follow up letter highlighting a few of the key points stated in my original SAR. I will put the letter in the post on Monday, however I have given them 14 days to comply and supply information previously omitted.

If they still fail to comply I will go to the ICO.

Cheers

FMC

RBS SAR sent 15/03/2010

EGG SAR sent 22/03/2010

MBNA SAR sent 22/03/2010

Hello fmc,

In my thread you will see I managed to claim back to 1997/8 so I recovered about 10 to 11 years worth of mis sold PPI. Do not on any account accept what they tell you. They will try and keep you off track to prevent you claiming what is rightfully yours ie Money they have taken through mis selling PPI on Loans, Credit Cards etc etc.

Keep at them. If they had my records back as far as 11 years you can bet they will also have yours. If they are adamant they do no have the records then put them to strict proof of destruction with the data protection officers signature attached to the certificate of destruction.

Make them work:eek:

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

alanalana

You must have read my mind.

Thats exactly what I put in my letter. If they are unable to provide the documents requested the I require proof of destruction, as per DPA.

I will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

fmc

RBS SAR sent 15/03/2010

EGG SAR sent 22/03/2010

MBNA SAR sent 22/03/2010

• 2 weeks later...

I submitted a SAR to MBNA looking to see if any PPI was attached to my credit card. To my surprise I received full details, dating back 8 years, including my signed copy of what appeared to be the original agreement :shock:

However much to my surprise and disappointment there was no PPI applied to the card. :mad:

However on the SAR paper work, at the account opening, I discoverd I transferred the balance of two old credit cards to MBNA. One for Lloyds and one for Morgan Stanley. The full credit card numbers were on the paperwork also.

As a result I sent a SAR to Lloyds but they say it is not one of their accounts and provided details of two other insurance companies to try.

I did a bit of research on line about the credit card number and the prefix, 546780 is definitely Lloyds.

Anybody any advice on this one!?!??!! :-x

Thanks in advance

FMC

RBS SAR sent 15/03/2010

EGG SAR sent 22/03/2010

MBNA SAR sent 22/03/2010

If lloyd are saying it doesn't belong to them, but you know it does, you could speak to ICO, explain the situation and get them on the case. They will act on details given over the phone. They can fine Lloyds for not keeping proper records.

LloydsTSB - Beneficiary List

Edited by rebel11

I finally received a reply from RBS, with regards to my SAR delivered on 16/03/2010, regarding my loans and current account dating from 1992. (The last loan finished in 2000 and I cannot ever recall closing the current account)

In their reply, which I think was laughable at least and very frustrating at most, they state all data older than 6 years will be destroyed in line with Group Records Management Policy. (Copy of reply attached)

I am now going to submit a complaint to the ICO but I cannot download any forms from their website.

Does any one have a copy of a complaints form, and if so could you let me know.

Many thanks

FMC

SAR Reply 11.05.2010.jpg

RBS SAR sent 15/03/2010

EGG SAR sent 22/03/2010

MBNA SAR sent 22/03/2010

I finally received a reply from RBS, with regards to my SAR delivered on 16/03/2010, regarding my loans and current account dating from 1992. (The last loan finished in 2000 and I cannot ever recall closing the current account)

In their reply, which I think was laughable at least and very frustrating at most, they state all data older than 6 years will be destroyed in line with Group Records Management Policy. (Copy of reply attached)

I am now going to submit a complaint to the ICO but I cannot download any forms from their website.

Does any one have a copy of a complaints form, and if so could you let me know.

Many thanks

FMC

see if this helps

Complaints about data protection policy - ICO

aa

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 1 month later...

Hi folks

Took my eye off the ball slightly with my SAR's and I have let this drag on slightly.

I have a quick question I was hoping someone might be able to answer.

The accounts I require information on were closed over 6 years ago. The bank state they do not hold any info. I pressed them for proof of destruction and they replied:

"It is not bank policy to provide any information in relation to data deletion or destruction processes or procedures"

Must the bank provide a certificate of destruction or other suitable documentation?

Thanks in advance for your help.

FMC

RBS SAR sent 15/03/2010

EGG SAR sent 22/03/2010

MBNA SAR sent 22/03/2010

• 2 months later...

Hi

Just a quick update with regards to my ongoing struggle trying to get information under SAR from RBS.

My original SAR was sent off in March this year. In reply I received a standard fob off letter stating that as my loans, current accounts and credit cards had all been closed for more than 6 years they did not hold any information and that it had been destroyed.

Following advice from members of this forum I kept pressing RBS for proof that my records had been destroyed. This resulted in a game of letter tennis between myself and the bank over the past 5 months.

Low and behold after almost 6 months, and contrary to what they had stated in all previos correspondence I received bank statements dating back to 1995 (account opening 15 years ago) and a loan agreement dating back to 1999 (11 years ago). Unfortunately they have not provided any credit card statements so looks like as a last resort I will be heading to court.

However the purpose of this update is to inform people not to believe what the banks tell you. They will do anything to try and throw you. If banks tell you that they do not hold records keep pressing them and go on and claim what is rightfully yours.

FMC

RBS SAR sent 15/03/2010

EGG SAR sent 22/03/2010

MBNA SAR sent 22/03/2010