Statute barred

Tiago
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5139 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello. I have a small debt with Littlewoods that is statute barred. Capquest and HC legal are now pursuing me for this debt. After reading the posts regarding this, i sent off a statute barred letter from the templates section as from memory the last payment or acknowledgment was about 2001/02.

Capquest have just replied "account is on hold" and this gets me "we look forward to your reply"...er reply to what?

That's pretty much all the letter says

I'm sure they are planning something and would like to know what you guys anticipate would be there next move so that i can be ready or even hit them first

Would like to say how great reading this forum has been for me

Thank you for your replies. Regarding if they can prove it's not statute barred or not i do have one fear. As i can remember i was paying at the postoffice with Littlewood's payment slip. Have there been cases where they have faked a payment to get out of a statute barred debt, or am i being paranoid?

no you are correct

phantom payments are well known with cQ & HL.

as already advised its for THEM to prove it is not statute barred

not for you to prove it IS.

TBH: this is a phishing letter, ignore them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Have there been cases where they have faked a payment to get out of a statute barred debt, or am i being paranoid?

there have been numerous cases on here of phantom payments being made on statute barred debts...and the ones i love the most....the attempted payment that alleged debtors have tried to make in order to get the debt unstatute barred.....you know the one where you walk past the bank/post office and think to yourself...hmmmmm i am thinking of making a payment on this sb'd debt....

They rely on some people panicking and not knowing their rights. I imagine a fairly high percentage would respond and pay!

When you consider that around 90-95% of claim forms issued through Northampton by the credit industry are won by default, ie. are not defended, you realise why they use such tactics. Although most Caggers are savvy to their technicques, the 'great unwashed' are not and, sadly, succumb to their idle and unfounded threats.

CAG is, sadly, merely a spot on their arses - albeit one that is turning into a nasty boil - so that's why we need to spread the word and help Marc G keep up the campaigning!