Please help - need URGENT ADVICE: RBS/Triton and now Moorcroft Debt Recovery

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4783 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have written your original credit reference and you name and address on cca request then they should be able to find you on their system. So in this case they are unable to and IMHO I would ignore any more communication with them.

Wait for Cerber's reply

Its God's gift Please Save The Earth.

If you had ever been helped by this site and satisfied than by Donating This site is just simply helping others too, who are really in need. Please make a donation.

Helping someone in need is God,s blessing

Cheers for the replies.

I would do as you suggest Cerbs but Moorcroft have only provided one reference number and one outstanding balance, as RBS/Triton condensed the 3 accounts/debts into one big account/debt many moons ago.

So what do you think we should do now?

Cerberus, what do you suggest i do in light of the fact that Moorcroft only present one figure and one reference number despite there being 3 CCA requests?

Do i still simply return the 3 CCA requests/postal orders to Moorcroft in their envelope?

Please advise.

Many thanks.

Quote their reference number and tell them it's their problem and the clocks still ticking. It's their responsibility to get the information from their 'client', if they are chasing debts without all the facts a complaint to TS, OFT and the FSA is in order. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

** UPDATE **

Just a quick update.

On Saturday June 5, i posted Moorcroft the 'Accounts in Dispute' template/letter, as they had failed to provide the documentation requested within the specified time limit.

And today i have received a letter from Moorcroft from their Home Collections Division. In this letter they state that a local representative may call at my address. Also they state that they may be willing to offer a reduction on the debt of upto, and possibly more than, 25% over a 3-month period if we contact them within the next 7 days.

Obviously we have no intention of entering into negiotiations while the account is in dispute and will ignore this letter; especially as it was sent before they will have received the 'Accounts in Dispute' letter.

But if a Moorcroft rep does call at my address, how should i deal with them? Have they any rights to enter or anything?

Many thanks.

A doorstep collector has the same rights as the tinker selling pegs if he/she comes to your property.... non whatsoever. Once you ask them to leave legally they have to otherwise they will be committing the tort of trespass.

It is a normal threat from DCAs that someone will be calling, normally it means calling as in telephoning, very rarely does anyone turn up at the door. See; http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/591-dca-home-visit-if-you-receive-or-are-threatened-with-a-doorstep-visit-

• 5 months later...

Long time no news. That is until today anyway.

So having heard nothing from RBS/Triton and all other companies representing them for months, today we have received a letter from Robinson Way Ltd informing us that before taking my partner to court they may arrange for a local collector to call round at our home to discuss a repayment plan.

So what i wanted to know is: does the same advice still apply as was given to me previously in this thread by cerberusalert regarding debt collection and doorstop collectors or have the laws/rights changed?

Many thanks.

• 3 months later...