Is there any point

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hello

haven't been on site inwhile..but am getting sick of these charges with halifax..going tbe charge 56.00 now @ end of march..can't afford to pay off ovedraft or move bank

Q.1 my bank charges reclaiming stage was at going to sedto smal claims..is there anpoint now.

I will answer about moving bank, can't on the subject of charges.

You can move bank and I would suggest you do so immediately. Quite a few went to Alliance and Leicester and managed to get overdrafts. I didn't want one and just opened a NatWest step account, best thing I've done. I have still left my overdraft as owing and the charges are mounting very nicely.

I tried to come to a settlement arrangement with the Halifax but they wouldn't have none of it and I was told to go to the FOS along with other customers. Our claims are now being dealt with by the FOS.

I would go down the Complaints Procedure route and see if they will reach an agreement, but don't hold your breath. You then have the option of going to the FOS once you have had their final response.

I think if you read the thread Halifax charges £1 a day you will glean quite a lot of info from it.

• 2 weeks later...

That's exactly how mine has gone. I tried offering them a reasonable repayment with the option to pay more if I can afford it, in return they get to charge me the originally agreed interest rate.

I explained to them several times of their position but they sent a rather terse final response telling me to go to the FOS.

Meanwhile my account is now £200+ overdrawn and they keep sending me a weekly reminder.

You will soon get a phone call. I received mine Good Friday at 6.00 pm. I was livid. I told the guy that as there was a complaint in with the FOS why was he ringing the Halifax should have the courtesy to wait for the outcome. He kept saying I need to discuss the matter with the bank first. I then said but the bank didn't want to listen and gave me their final response so don't call again.