DESPERATE - DVLA Refusing Provisional Due To Lack of Identification

shv81
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, this is an unusual request but I beg you to read...please

Posting on behalf of my relative who is a UK Resident (for 11 years - has Home Office Letter confirming this) but doesn't hold a British Passport or a passport from the country of origin. In fact has no form of photo ID due to no fault of his own!

What are the non standard ways of getting a provisional DL from DVLA?

Applied to DVLA for Provisional on numerous occasions, every time has been promised to be given one but they wanted more information. He sent the application back and forth several times with extra information but they have finally wrote with a refusal and asked for standard ID again.

He has: Original Birth Certificate, Home Office Letter granting residency, numerous proofs of address, his name is on his children's birth certificates, his parents and siblings are full UK residents and hold passports, a civil servant who is his friend signed a photo of him, confirming he is who he is, he also has a white passport (with photo)from the embassy of the country of origin granting him leave to go to his country of origin, but DVLA would not accept!!! Only want standard photo ID!!

The person concerned has been living in the UK since he was 12yo hence he had never received a passport in his country of origin. He is now 23 and still can not get a passport from his country of origin until he is 26yo due to the stupidest laws ever!

He can not get his UK Residency Permit with a photo because it is supposed to be stamped in your passport. He is entitled to a British Passport but can't get one without submitting photo ID.

It seems he can't get a form of photo ID without photo ID - how stupid is that! He is in a vicious circle!

He is desperate for a driving licence for his job, he has been struggling to provide for his children due to this stupid cycle! His relationship is strained, he needs a break!!!

Any help would be appreciated even though I appreciate this might not be as relevant of an issue to this forum!

Thank you all in advance

Concerned & Loving Relative

Yes, he did. The only thing they want is photo ID and would not advise him directly if they would accept something else! They just can't be bothered!

I have advised him to go to Citizens Advice Bureau but I am pretty sure they will send him back in to the vicious circle!

What I will try and do now, is call DVLA myself as I hold a driving licence and can not believe there is nothing else they can do!!!