JSA Advice

jean1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A little advice required please.

I am unsure if I am entitled to claim Job Seekers Allowance and dont really want to make a fool of myself at the local Job Centre.

I have recently been dismissed from a permenant position after the end of my trial period as I had secured employment elsewhere and was in the process of being vetted for clearance.

I enquired with the Vetting Officer could I claim Job Seekers Allowance and she was unsure stating that I would have to prove that I was actively seeking work. I have been since the end of February and have registered with every agency in the area, check job centre plus jobs each day, fish4jobs, Job is Job and have even attended two interviews.

I am seeking a temporary position for approximately 90 days. I have applied for literally everything I am able to down to cleaner, chef, finance positions, and have made a full list as proof.

Sadly, even with the temporary positions when going for the interviews they turn out to be temp to perm and obviously I am unsuccessful with my requirement of 90 days.

Is it therefore worth me claiming Job Seekers Allowance to tied me over?

A little advice required please.

I am unsure if I am entitled to claim Job Seekers Allowance and dont really want to make a fool of myself at the local Job Centre.

I have recently been dismissed from a permenant position after the end of my trial period as I had secured employment elsewhere and was in the process of being vetted for clearance.

I enquired with the Vetting Officer could I claim Job Seekers Allowance and she was unsure stating that I would have to prove that I was actively seeking work. I have been since the end of February and have registered with every agency in the area, check job centre plus jobs each day, fish4jobs, Job is Job and have even attended two interviews.

I am seeking a temporary position for approximately 90 days. I have applied for literally everything I am able to down to cleaner, chef, finance positions, and have made a full list as proof.

Sadly, even with the temporary positions when going for the interviews they turn out to be temp to perm and obviously I am unsuccessful with my requirement of 90 days.

Is it therefore worth me claiming Job Seekers Allowance to tied me over?

Of course, easiset way is to do it online, if you go to the job center they just give you the phone number anyway.

If you don a quick google youll find all the info you need.

Andy

Thank you, I will give it a try.

I will be completely honest and tell the truth mainly because I cannot take the risk blotting my copy book with the vetting.

I find the situation quite amusing but the 90 day wait is obviously a killer and I really am not the sort of person to sit around all day doing nothing.

As long as you continue to look for work for that 90 day period and provide evidence of continuing to do so then you can claim JSA. If you apply online though make sure you know which type of JSA you wish to claim.

Income Based JSA is based on your income and savings or your household income and savings if you have a partner. You normally wouldn't qualify for this if you had savings of more than £16,000 or a partner who works full time. In those circumstances you'd usually be required to claim Contribution Based JSA.

Contribution Based JSA is based on your National Insurance Credits over the last couple of tax years. If you haven't paid enough or a different type from the normal class 1 you won't qualify for any payments but could still continue to sign on to have your stamp paid.

If you get the wrong one online there's no easy way of changing it, they would have to withdraw it all and you'd need to in effect start again. If you're unsure its probably best for you to call the first contact line and apply over the phone. Their number is 08000556688.