Urgent Help Please Refused a Credit Report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone!

I believe I might have been a victim of identity fraud (going back 4 years or so back) and have requested credit reports from Experian, Equifax, CallCredit and annualcreditreport.co.uk back in January. I haven't received any!!!

Their Response - they could not connect me to the address and requested I provide proof of Identity (passport which is ok) and 2 forms of bills. Now, I lived with my boyfriend at his dad's address temporarily and have no bills whatsoever. My bank statements go through to my e-mail, never through post. I have spoken to them on the phone and it seems I am stuck as they refuse to give me my credit report without something confirming my address. Any ideas? I really need these reports.

Another issue that has arisen from this request - I have received chasing letters from companies I don't remember dealing with. I have received an Assignment of Debt notice to Lovell Group who are notorious for chasing debts that don't exist! What to do???

Now, the main problem is - my boyfriends Dad is angry with me about this letters and want them to stop immediately as he is trying to remortgage the house and doesn't want any marks on his place. Me and my BF do not live with him since Nov 09 and I have no idea how to stop them without getting myself in to something that got nothing to do with me!!!

Please help! I have read hundreds of posts and a bit overwhelmed with all the information and totally confused now.

Thank you all in advance...

Desperado :(

Are you on the electoral role and paying council tax at your current address? Proof from the council you live at an address might help. Without something linking you to an address they can't send you report by law as you could be anyone.

Regarding the debt chasing letter they won't affect your boyfriends dad in any way, credit reports are on an individual not an address. The only way you could affect another individual is if you have a joint account with them.

Thank you for your reply Hazzinho, happy about the address not being marked for their sake!

I am not on electoral, no bills of any kind, no credit cards - I really mean nothing!!! I can't have a utility bill on someone else's address and I don't really want to ask, and I can't get any form of credit or even a mobile phone when tried, hence I strongly think it was identity fraud going back 4 or so years back which left my credit file in tatters! I really need to sort this out!

I have: Passport, Provisional Driving Licence with the address on it but they won't accept it. I could order a bank statement. But really need just one other form of proof of address and can't think of any that doesn't require credit check. :(

I'd get placed on the electoral role as that will boost you score and is then proof you live there, your bank account should be registered at your current address as well, get yourself added to one of the energy bills too as a joint holder on the account and send that in too. Other than that you'll not get much success. It's worth it as it's the only way you'll know what's going on with your credit, if you have bad credit you'll struggle to even rent a property these days.

Thank you. I will get on the case now at my current address. If I wanted to send a SAR request to those companies and to N Hunter, will I have to wait until I get my proof of address sorted?

I didn't really want to register my address or have bills at his dad's as I knew it was only temporary.

And what to do with those letters? Should I just ignore them for now or should I give them my current address and send them a CCA request letter.

One of them is for Vodafone (who sold it to Lovell Group) and the other Virgin Media - haven't got a clue how they ended up on my name!!!

After searching the website a bit - realised CCA doesn't apply in this case and if I wanted to fight this I need to send SAR? Or is it best just to ignore if I believe it is not my debt? What can they do? I think I might have to start a new post in Telecoms...

You can just send the following letter to them and amend to suit, dont waste any money on them until you know you do owe the debts in question.

Dear Sir or Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

DG

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

About needing further proof of your address - do you work? Your P60 would do. Failing that, ring your tax office, make sure your address with them is correct and request they send you a P2 (coding notice). Even if you're not working, you have a tax code and a P2 is accepted as proof as address by banks so it may be accepted by the credit agencies as well. Worth a try.

You say that you have a Bank Account.

Do you hold a Visa Debit/Electron/Delta or a Maestro Debit Card.

If you have any of these and your account is registered at your current address then you can apply for it online (or I assume you may already have tried this).

You would really need to confirm your address. This is probably why you are having problems. The CRA's may think that their has been fraudulent Activity on your Credit File but they may think you are behind it and that is why they need proof that you are who you say you are.

Electoral Roll: - Quick and Easy. Records are updated constantly.

That would be the best option for you. If the CRA's can confirm that someone with your name and adress are on the electoral roll at the address given, then that is all you will need.