I will be filing for bankruptcy next week

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just a few quick questions, if all goes to plan I will be filing for bankruptcy next week.

What I would like to know is at what stage will my bank account be frozen? I would assume it is safe until I actually have to go in front of the Judge and I'm declared bankrupted?

How soon can I apply for another account? Could I simply apply on the same day I'm declared bankrupted?

Thanks!

you can apply now if you want, if the account is not overdrawn then the OR will not freeze the account, the bank may do.

many people use the co-op cashminder account and tell them they are intending to go bankrupt. they dont usually have any problems

you can apply now if you want, if the account is not overdrawn then the OR will not freeze the account, the bank may do.

That's not a bad idea!

I was told that Barclays will let an undischarged bankrupt open a "Cash Card Account"

Would it be best just to say I am bankrupt now, rather than I will be soon, so that they won't freeze the account on me?