Tesco credit card

Passionheap
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a Tesco credit card and could no longer afford to pay the minimum each month. having written to and spoke to Tesco they would not allow a token payment and demanded the full amount.

Two weeks ago I received a letter from Triton demanding the full amount, I rang and spoke to one of their advisors and she said they could take a minimum payment of £500.00 but no less. I advised her if I could afford to repay the full amount now I would have already done so. She then advised me that she would need to refer this on for a decision on what course of action to take, debt collectors or CCJ. I have now received my appointment with CAB for all of my debts to be dealt with by one of their money advisors who will act on my behalf and deal direct with all my creditors until an affordable payment plan can be agreed. Today, Saturday 20th February 2010 I have made a further call to Triton regarding the second letter received yesterday demanding, again! the full amount. I enquired about the first phone call and asked what decision had been made and she said I would need to pay the full amount or write in with my monthly budget details ie. income and outgoings and a proposal offer of payment. I suggested £20.00 and she said that would be ok short term until they have looked at the amount of available income left over after living costs and priority payments eg. utility bills and council tax etc. Have just been reading through some of your stories this morning and I feel much happier that it's not just me having difficulties. My appoinment with CAB is my second one, the first one being in February 2009. That lead to me putting in place agreements with 5 of my creditors and the interest was frozen for six months. Now I need the help of CAB to secure lower payments that are sustainable for the forseeable future. There is hope and CAB have been wonderful and really put things in perspective, no one has ever been sent to prison for credit card debts. You can't pay what you don't have!

I'll write on here following my appointment with CAB and let you know the outcome and what has been agreed in a payment plan. Wish me luck!

I wish you good luck, Passionheap. CAB will help you with the budget plan and talk to Triton and all other agencies/creditors for you. You have taken the right action and it is clear you are feeling happier about the situation. CAB can take a huge weight off your shoulders.

Incidentally, Debbbbsy is right in saying that Triton is owned by Nat West/RBS but as you can clearly see, they do act as a debt collection agency in its own right, so what I said about credit history stands.

And to anyone else (and there are many out there) who are being threatened by anyone over debts, go to CAB, build the budget and allow CAB to deal with it for you. No one goes to prison for a debt unless it is against the government. Taxes always come first. Credit Card companies are always at the bottom of the list.

Keep the faith and get CAb to re-address the balance of power.

Many thanks Woodhatch, your comments are appreciated. I look forward to 'stress free' living. I'm also putting my house up for sale and 'downsizing' I've no mortgage as I sold my previous house when I took early retirement on ill health grounds at age 50. the profit from the sale enabled me to buy my current home.

Regards to you and all who take the time to contribute such useful advise.

Passionheap.

Post's moved to start a new thread.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert