Car Repossession - Urgent please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My finance company has issued a second default notice due to expire this week.

The first default notice was actually incorrect (wrong amount quoted) so I wrote to them advising I didn't accept it. In the interim period they appointed a vehicle repossession company (Anglia) and a representative knocked on my door earlier this week. He was after me signing some documents so that the car could then be taken away. I phoned the finance company and pointed out the error. They said they would issue an amended default notice and whilst I have not yet received it, I am told it will expire on Wednesday 25th February.

I have a number of issues here:

1. Is there any way I can delay matters because of the incorrect default notice?

2. I live on a private estate so isn't this guy trespassing if he comes back?

3. If I refuse to sign the documents, whatever they are, won't he have to apply to court to repossess the car?

I only have 10 out of 42 payments remaining on this deal so it would be terrible for the car to be repossessed and sold for a song with the resultant debt being dumped on me. I have every intention of honouring the debt and will catch up as soon as I am back in employment.

6 years with Mercedes Benz Finance and never missed a payment until now. Counts for nothing. Tried to pay them £ 500 yesterday but unless I can satisfy the default notice amount fully, they couldn't give a stuff.

Thanks for reading and any help would be very gratefully received.

apologies for bumping this back up but this is seriously affecting my health and mental state.

Anglia are due to call back towards the end of this week and I need to know what to expect and where I stand.

This is an Unregulated agreement.

Is the guy coming back to persuade me to sign some documentation so he can take the car away? If so and I don't sign does he need to go to court in order to take the vehicle?

What if I were to hide the car elsewhere?

I'm trying to buy time here so I can bring the arrears up-to-date.

Many thanks for reading.

apologies for bumping this back up but this is seriously affecting my health and mental state.

Anglia are due to call back towards the end of this week and I need to know what to expect and where I stand.

This is an Unregulated agreement.

Is the guy coming back to persuade me to sign some documentation so he can take the car away? If so and I don't sign does he need to go to court in order to take the vehicle?

What if I were to hide the car elsewhere?

I'm trying to buy time here so I can bring the arrears up-to-date.

Many thanks for reading.

Dont sign anything and DONT let them take it - Hide it. Even Solicitors will tell you this then ask for a CCA (see other posts it is only £1 and send recorded delivery). This will give you the original agreement and terms of condition (maybe) we are still waiting! Unregulated does not mean you are at the end of the road (sure someone else will tell you that on here) Bide you some time until you pay. Hope this helps?

The first default notice was actually incorrect (wrong amount quoted) so I wrote to them advising I didn't accept it. In the interim period they appointed a vehicle repossession company (Anglia) and a representative knocked on my door earlier this week. He was after me signing some documents so that the car could then be taken away. I phoned the finance company and pointed out the error. They said they would issue an amended default notice and whilst I have not yet received it, I am told it will expire on Wednesday 25th February.

1. Is there any way I can delay matters because of the incorrect default notice?

CCA Request

No we live on a private road and makes no difference

3. If I refuse to sign the documents, whatever they are, won't he have to apply to court to repossess the car?

Dont have the car there hide it

I only have 10 out of 42 payments remaining on this deal so it would be terrible for the car to be repossessed and sold for a song with the resultant debt being dumped on me. I have every intention of honouring the debt and will catch up as soon as I am back in employment.

Speak to them and come to an amicable agreement?

6 years with Mercedes Benz Finance and never missed a payment until now. Counts for nothing. Tried to pay them £ 500 yesterday but unless I can satisfy the default notice amount fully, they couldn't give a stuff.

CCA request as said

Hope this helps. Ive been to hell and back with my house last week but stil going through this with my Husbands Van so know how you feel

Are you sure its an unregulated agreement ?Over £25000 Borrowed ? Limited company? If car is worth more than you owe Sell it quickly and advise the dealer there is finance owing on it and you need 2 cheques one for finance co and one for you Dont agree to the dealer settling the finance direct unless a major national

Do not sign anything and if they come on private land are trespassing If they threaten to get police dont worry as its a civil matter all theycan do is prevent a breach of the peace

if you look on the agreement, you have most prob paid past the point where they can reposess. dont agree to it

matters not, he has NO LEGAL POWERS. he is NOT a COURT assign bailiff, he has as much right to do anything to you as the milkman.

he won't the finance co will, and they will not do that as it costs them too much.

i would also investigate an SAR to them, i bet you have PPI & a multitude of other insurance attached to it that you can reclaim & i bet unlawful charges.

pay what you can via internet banking , that way they cannot refuse.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just a note to say thanks for the replies.

I'm resigned to the fact that the car is going and to be honest I couldn't really care. It's more hassle than it's worth and the longer it goes trying to keep hold of it with a view to paying the arrears off the more pressure I'm putting on myself to catch up when I do eventually get some income.

At the end of the day it's a 3 year old piece of metal that needs a £ 750 service and an MOT, and nice as it was, it's dictated my life for the past 3 years (work all hours to pay the bills).

This whole episode has taught me not to buy something I can't afford to pay cash for. I'm sure plenty other people in this country will be adverse to credit after this downturn.

Thanks again.

Dx100

The 1/2 And 1/3 Rules Do Not Aply To A Non Regulated Agreement .they Can Repossess Any Time Irrelevant Of Amount Outstanding If In Arrears

i doubt this is true BTW.

we have had trolls on the forum apparently.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Chester

My situation is exactly the same as yours i missed two payments and low and behold Anglia on my doorstep demanding £1,300 in 10 days with no extension regardless of my situation of having my disabled son. If i do voluntary surrender my car i know i will have to pay the remaining monies owed, but if i cant afford to pay anything then what happens? any HELP would be appreciated greatly. Kami