• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Blemain finance

dax
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a letter from capital law (give me my money) they have had a case meeting at cardiff court and are selecting 17 cases to take on blemain in a test case...should hear more on this in the next couple of weeks.

Hello Sprouty, any news on this?

Kind regards,

MG

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have they taken this on Pro-bono for individuals or are the people involved having to pay fees to get this to court through Capital law. You say they are selecting 17 cases, so where do they get the cases from out of interest. Is it that more than that number of people have approached Capital Law specifically, individually and coincidentaly. Do you have details of who is dealing with that matter also as I would like to make contact with them too. I know I can google and contact them, but if youve any prior knowledge to assist. I would really appreciate it. I really NEED a professional to tackle what they did to me.

Midge, thats made my day and the best news ive heard. I am so happy that someone eventually got them to Court and WON!!!!!! About time.....makes me feel I must never give up and get cracking again myself over what they did to me...FANTASTIC. BIG congratulations to Peter Bently, terrific result!

Guest dvdriley
Have they taken this on Pro-bono for individuals or are the people involved having to pay fees to get this to court through Capital law. You say they are selecting 17 cases, so where do they get the cases from out of interest. Is it that more than that number of people have approached Capital Law specifically, individually and coincidentaly. Do you have details of who is dealing with that matter also as I would like to make contact with them too. I know I can google and contact them, but if youve any prior knowledge to assist. I would really appreciate it. I really NEED a professional to tackle what they did to me.

Are you sure they are called Capital Law

• 4 weeks later...
Ok was just about to suggest these guys but then I heard a review from someone else..link here Cartal Client Review. Has anybody used this to claim money from lenders?_Credit

Does anyone here have any experience of them at all?

Are they not linked to Capital Law?

Perhaps a member of the site team could confirm this.

G

Are they not linked to Capital Law?

Perhaps a member of the site team could confirm this.

G

Hi Gallahad, I believe Capital Law are linked to give me my money CMC. I had contacted them earlier this year as they were a no win no fee (Cliams Management Company) to check out my unregulated loan agreement with Blemain Finance. They initially told me I had a claim but after I sent them some more very important information they wrote back to me and said they had closed my file as they were not taking on any more claims. I found this very strange but then believe they were not expert enough to deal with this.

On Friday last week I was visited at home by a Cartel Client Review representative and she spoke to me in great detail about my loan agreement. I have a very strong and valid claim. I told the CCR rep that I had been reading a lot of negative feedback about CCR, and she advised me that people will say all sorts good and bad wherever you go. She gave me links and stories where her company had successes to. Client Cartel Review have been highlighted in the BBC and newspapers.

I am waiting on some more information and then I will be letting CCR handle my claim. My agreement has too many flaws in it to be corrected by a court of law. I hope I have provided a little light on this subject. Please feel free to ask me any questions, hopefully I can be of some further help.

Hi Gallahad, I believe Capital Law are linked to give me my money CMC. I had contacted them earlier this year as they were a no win no fee (Cliams Management Company) to check out my unregulated loan agreement with Blemain Finance. They initially told me I had a claim but after I sent them some more very important information they wrote back to me and said they had closed my file as they were not taking on any more claims. I found this very strange but then believe they were not expert enough to deal with this.

On Friday last week I was visited at home by a Cartal Client Review representative and she spoke to me in great detail about my loan agreement. I have a very strong and valid claim. I told the CCR rep that I had been reading a lot of negative feedback about CCR, and she advised me that people will say all sorts good and bad wherever you go. She gave me links and stories where her company had successes to. Client Cartel Review have been highlighted in the BBC and newspapers.

I am waiting on some more information and then I will be letting CCR handle my claim. My agreement has too many flaws in it to be corrected by a court of law. I hope I have provided a little light on this subject. Please feel free to ask me any questions, hopefully I can be of some further help.

Good morning Fretfull, thank you for that, please keep us informed and good luck.

G

I myself had a second mortgage arranged through Ocean Finance , I paid broker fees £2000+ ,... I am hoping to void the mortgage , I have had this for 7 years nearly , paid £22,000 back ,.. original loan £31,000 + fees added on ,.. £33,000+ ,.. and now still owe £44,000,... I was in arreas , and offered to pay double the monthly mortgage payments to clear the arreas ,.. my normal payment is £260 per month ,.. so paid £520 per month to clear things up ,. I noticed on statement , that in june 23rd I paid £520 (£260 monthly payment and £260 off arreas ,..) on the 30th june I noticed an interest debit charge £335,.. so even though I paid that month they hit me with interest charge ,. *1 I paid that month so why charge interest ,*2 if they took the £260 what I give for arreas towards the interest payment , then that means (I am not reducing arreas and possibly adding another £75 to arreas (which too would collect interest ,.. so in reality on these conditions I would never be able to clear this account ,.. and the more I paid the more I would owe over time ,.. now that does not seem fair to me ,.. but like you say up to the judge to decide , so thats why I will be going down the lines of secret commissions ,.. open and shut case really ,.. might take time but will have account frozen till dispute is address and resolved

I myself had a second mortgage arranged through Ocean Finance , I paid broker fees £2000+ ,... I am hoping to void the mortgage , I have had this for 7 years nearly , paid £22,000 back ,.. original loan £31,000 + fees added on ,.. £33,000+ ,.. and now still owe £44,000,... I was in arreas , and offered to pay double the monthly mortgage payments to clear the arreas ,.. my normal payment is £260 per month ,.. so paid £520 per month to clear things up ,. I noticed on statement , that in june 23rd I paid £520 (£260 monthly payment and £260 off arreas ,..) on the 30th june I noticed an interest debit charge £335,.. so even though I paid that month they hit me with interest charge ,. *1 I paid that month so why charge interest ,*2 if they took the £260 what I give for arreas towards the interest payment , then that means (I am not reducing arreas and possibly adding another £75 to arreas (which too would collect interest ,.. so in reality on these conditions I would never be able to clear this account ,.. and the more I paid the more I would owe over time ,.. now that does not seem fair to me ,.. but like you say up to the judge to decide , so thats why I will be going down the lines of secret commissions ,.. open and shut case really ,.. might take time but will have account frozen till dispute is address and resolved

Michelle in my opinion companys such as blemain, swift, spml etc structure their lending and vicious charging with the sole intention of obtaining the property on which it is secured. I wish you well in your endeavours please keep us informed. I am sure you will find lots of support on CAG.

G

Thank G,.. well have no option as not ready to give home up just yet ,.. especially to a bunch of sharks ,.. have done some good reading tonight and feel ready and confident in getting the ball rolling with these shaddy lenders ,.. can not agree more lots of support , and hopefully together we all beat these companies and spread the word ,.. best wishes all stay strong ,..

Thank G,.. well have no option as not ready to give home up just yet ,.. especially to a bunch of sharks ,.. have done some good reading tonight and feel ready and confident in getting the ball rolling with these shaddy lenders ,.. can not agree more lots of support , and hopefully together we all beat these companies and spread the word ,.. best wishes all stay strong ,..

You are most welcome Michelle and yes fight them all the way. Have a look at the swift thread too there may be some good news re the land registry charge.

G

Good to know ,.. yes it will be all the way as any judge could see these are "unfair terms & conditons" ,.. I mean these companies ask for trouble the way they do business ,.. adding untold amounts , giving backhanders , then first sign of trouble , trying to whip your home from under your feet , not one offer of help while things are bad or a struggle ,.. so what do they expect ,.. other then at fight till things are proven ,...

Well had another thought , if I used a no win no fee property solicitor , to fight my case and I happen to win ,.. would I be able to claim them fees off G E Money ? ,.. as if so then surely must be worth bring an expert along to put your case forward ,.. I know we get to know lots through this forum , but I think a professional spokesman would be great and oly strengthen our cases and show we mean business ,.. well all thoughts on this will be great

Well had another thought , if I used a no win no fee property solicitor , to fight my case and I happen to win ,.. would I be able to claim them fees off G E Money ? ,.. as if so then surely must be worth bring an expert along to put your case forward ,.. I know we get to know lots through this forum , but I think a professional spokesman would be great and oly strengthen our cases and show we mean business ,.. well all thoughts on this will be great

you may not find it that easy to find a solicitor that is well versed in consumer credit law to act on a no win no fee basis. It,s usually the CMCs legal teams that get a little success in the courts however that is not free and carries risks of its own. How many of us have paid upfront to CMCs only to find nothing further happens.

Good luck with your fight.

G

Its not just that few solicitors understand consumer law it's because legal fees are not recoverable if the money claim is below a certain figure (5k) This government want to raise that minimum figure to a whopping 15K making it impossible for the ordinary cash strapped litigant to get legal representation

Welcome to Blair's World:mad:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks