repossessed

tomglen10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Please can someone advise me, my house was reposessed in july 2007, my outstanding mortgage was £90,000 with Northern Rock, i had the house valued just before repossession at £116,000. The house was in joint names myself and my now ex partner. I checked on line and the house was up for sale at £89,000 approximately a year ago. I received a letter (in both our names) from NR dated 1st feb 2010, saying exactly this,

" The sale of your property has not fully repaid your debt to us and there is an outstanding debt of £25,023.62. Please contact this office within 7 days to discuss future payment proposals. Failiure to contact us may result in further action for recovery of the debt."

So this is my situation, I split up from my partner and now live in rented accomodation, I have 2 teenage children who live with their dad I don`t pay maintenance however they stay with me half the week, I work full time earning £1150 monthly, my rent is £650 and along with essential utility bills and food i have very little left, my car was repossesed in October 2009, and I am paying multiple outstanding debts. Please help what can I do!!!

Hi

Sounds very similar to what happened to me five years ago. I know the feeling

They always undersell your property -its part of the repo [problem] perpetrated by these parasites. Just a thought- as NR is supposed to be owned by us, could you not contact your MP? I think they might like to know what is going on in their name.

If your now on benefits you could be classed as vulnerable.

Have you tried for benefits?

Contact your MP CAB and any other agency such as British Legion if ex military.

The worst that could happen is bankruptcy. Might be a blessing in disguise. Its not as horrible as many people fear.

Good luck.