Ltsb, Lba & Schedule Of Charges.

consort
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

you can claim for anything which is deemed a penalty charge, which includes:

returned direct debits,

card mis-use,

unpaid standing order,

unpaid item,

exceeding your overdraft,

overdraft interest (see below),

you can not claim for:

ATM (cash machine) usage (typically £1),

an agreed overdraft fee,

anything which is deemed a "service" by the bank

Overdraft interest

This is the single most confusing part of most peoples claim, and one of the most frequently asked questions

overdraft interest is applied to your whole overdraft, however if some of your overdraft is made up from (unlawfull) charges,

then a proportion of the interest has been wrongly applied and is therefore reclaimable

Example

you have a £400 overdraft, you purchase something that day for £200 so now you are -£200 on your current account balance, but on the same day £200 of charges are placed on your account, which means that your current account balance is now -£400 and the bank will charge interest on the whole £400, but as we are contesting that these charges are unlawfull, then the interest should not be placed on the whole amount, only on the amount that you have actually spent,

therefore in this example you can claim back 50% of the interest, however these calculations have to be done daily to truly reflect the amount which can be reclaimed,

Dont worry, Vampiress has made a spreadsheet (the advanced one)that will calculate this for you, you can find it here, but please read the instructions that come with it;

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

Thankyou Michael for that clarification, The Interest on the interest thats when it gets complicated maths, is it worth at the LBA letter stage worrying about? I have just typed a spread sheet with O/D Excess + Unpaid Charges only. This will be sent 1st thing tomorrow.

Also on the LBA should I really threaten them with the OFT and if I do is there a template letter for this?

I wouldn't bother OFT 05/04/06 directive is about credit card charges being reduced to £12, which most of them have done. There's no template letter.