possession hearing

modette40
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5221 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, we are in arrears on our secured loan, the arrears are £1,975.68 and our normal monthly instalment is £403, we fell behind about 20 months at first and the lender was going to take us to court it was cancelled as we managed to pay off the arrears, we have since gone into arrears again and have started proceedings again, we fell behind because i was put on to short time at work and then was ill. The hearing is next week and i spoke to the lender a few weeks ago and came to an arrangement with them of a extra £60 per week as i am starting a new job next week and we can afford the extra payment. I told them that as i am starting a new job and my husband is starting new shifts at work next week we would not be able to attend the hearing and he said it was ok as they will be asking for a suspended order as we have come to an agreement, is this ok do you think?? Also we have not received any papers to fill in from the court, the only ones we filled in were 20 months ago and our circumstances are very different now, so i am very confused and nervous as i know there is no way we can attend next week, any advise please.

..definitely attend the hearing & take along proof of the arrangement, an income and expenditure breakdown, ask for an up to date statement from the lender & one that covers the entire period of arrears..

..I think, given the amount of arrears, that £240 a month on top of the regular payment is too high but if you can afford it then that's up to you.. £60-100 is acceptable in most cases..