• Tweets

• god they've got at you haven't they. told you all the usual utter BS. a CCJ vanishes from your credit file on it's 6th B'Day regardless to being paid off or not or paying or not. same with any debt with a registered defaulted date - it vanishes from your file on the DN's 6th B'day regardless. creditfix are Knightsbridge, (they renamed) there are 100's of threads here on Knightsbridge, if i remember rightly 2 of the directors of a certain very big IVA provider were struck off for embezzling £1m's out of debtors. pers i'd stop paying now.  end of . just ignore them all. 99% of your debts are to utterly powerless DCA's and probably were never owed in the first place only goes to firm up my belief from post one..you got had blind. its very easy to deal with the debts even those with CCJ's. can you copy and paste what you credit file says regarding the IVA please?   
    • The airline says it is investigating reports that customers can view other passengers' personal information.View the full article
    • They are finding new ways to cut back on household spending as China’s economy loses steam.View the full article
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say  Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more CCJ's on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the CCJ come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - effectively if I'd have not took out the iva in 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years, as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off. My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as mis sold or something that way I Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -  Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer  Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting  It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 accounts Lowell about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway  If I can somehow remove the iva from my credit file I'd be happy 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Quinn v NatWest. *** WON ***

quinny1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6286 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This what I've typed out.Notice that there are one or two slight differences:

(For instance,I have taken out,An additional copy is enclosed.)

I write in response to the recently submitted Defence and Request for Further Information you submitted to Northampton Court, to which I have recieved a copy,relating to my claim (claim number – xxxxxxxx) against your client Nat West Bank

I understand you have asked for a detailed schedule individually listing all charges debited to my bank account. I have of course provided a schedule of the charges and believe this is sufficient for your clients to exactly understand the details of my case. As your clients have always been fully aware of all charges they have made to my account and indeed, my calculations have been taken directly from information they have supplied me. I suggest you obtain a schedule from your clients as to their confirmation of the charges they have made (and interest thereon).

I believe both yourselves and Nat West have been supplied with all of the details necessary to move this claim forwards.

I am aware that the Court can order certain and further information from both parties, you appear to have attempted to obtain this information suggesting I am under strict obligations to obey your requests rather than the Courts. With this in mind, I see no reason why I should be sending you any further information relating to this case. It is the Court that decides whether or not any further information is required, not yourselves.

Where the Court orders such detailed information, I shall request reciprocal documentation from your clients detailing those same charges and interest to which I am reclaiming along with evidence to confirm the exact costs to which your clients have been subjected and from which they have added profit margins to arrive at the eventual charge made to my accounts for each and every charge.

If you feel it other than an abuse of the process to request for further information in the manner you requested it, I have no difficulty in making a reciprocal request.

On the advice of other claimants, whose claims are in identical circumstances to mine and who have been passed on to you by Nat West, I will be sending a copy of this letter to the Court.

I consider that upon allocation this case will be referred to the Small Claims Track; accordingly I consider your CPR Part 18 request to be irrelevant as Part 18 would not apply. I shall not be responding to your requests. I shall of course respond to the order of the Court leaving the matters to be settled by the Court.

Please also note,that this matter is now being handled by xxxxxxxx Court.

Yours faithfully.

x.xxxxx

S.A.R sent Monday 21/8/06,by recorded delivery.

S.A.R delivered Tuesday 22/8/06.

Statements arrived today,1/9/06

Prelim letter sent by recorded delivery 16/9/06

'Get lost' letter received 21/9/06

LBA sent 25/9/06

14 day LBA deadline expires 9/10/06

2nd 'Get lost' letter received 29/9/06

MCOL completed and sent 16/10/06

Notice of Issue arrived 18/10/06

AQ sent back to court,and letter sent to Cobbetts 25/11/06

Cobbets AQ received 7/12/06

Offer made 14/12/06,and declined

16/01/07 Still awaiting a better offer

Success.£1425.42 delivered this morning.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bump

LBA sent 25/9/06

AQ sent back to the court,and CPR 18 letter rebuke sent to Cobbetts.

Ken.

LBA sent 25/9/06

Not heard anything back yet.Thought by now as the AQ has been submitted,and the rebuke to Cobbetts has gone,without any further information supplied,I may have heard something.

What sort of timescale are we looking at now,before anything is heard?

Ken.

LBA sent 25/9/06

You probably wont hear anything until the deadline date for the return of the AQ. Cobbetts will return their copy at the last minute...they've just done the same with my claim!!

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Well,I'm just reading my bumpf from the court,and the AQ had to be in by 6/12,which is tomorrow,and I've had no word from Cobbetts yet,so I'm guessing that if I don't hear anything by tomorrow morning,I can file for default?

I'm going to wait until Postman Pat has been in the morning,which is usually about 11am when I'm at work,than I shall be phoning the court for an update.

Ken.

LBA sent 25/9/06

Probably best to phone the court quite late on, in my claim I phoned the court at 3pm on deadline day and Cobbetts hadn't returned their AQ. By 4pm it was done....typical Cobbetts right to the wire. :rolleyes:

Well,as suspected,Cobbetts left it until the last minute on the 6th,which doesn't surprise me,but what did,was the letter I received from them this morning,which included a copy of their AQ,and in it,the other information reads thus:

"Case management directions cannot be proposed until the claimant serves a reply to the request for further information which was due on the 1st December 2006.In light of this,the defendant may amend it's defence or apply to strike out."

My letter to them regarding their request for further information,went like this:

I write in response to the recently submitted Defence and Request for Further Information you submitted to Northampton Court, to which I have recieved a copy,relating to my claim (claim number – XXXXXXXX) against your client Nat West Bank

I understand you have asked for a detailed schedule individually listing all charges debited to my bank account. I have of course provided a schedule of the charges and believe this is sufficient for your clients to exactly understand the details of my case. As your clients have always been fully aware of all charges they have made to my account and indeed, my calculations have been taken directly from information they have supplied me. I suggest you obtain a schedule from your clients as to their confirmation of the charges they have made (and interest thereon).

I believe both yourselves and Nat West have been supplied with all of the details necessary to move this claim forwards.

I am aware that the Court can order certain and further information from both parties, you appear to have attempted to obtain this information suggesting I am under strict obligations to obey your requests rather than the Courts. With this in mind, I see no reason why I should be sending you any further information relating to this case. It is the Court that decides whether or not any further information is required, not yourselves.

Where the Court orders such detailed information, I shall request reciprocal documentation from your clients detailing those same charges and interest to which I am reclaiming along with evidence to confirm the exact costs to which your clients have been subjected and from which they have added profit margins to arrive at the eventual charge made to my accounts for each and every charge.

If you feel it other than an abuse of the process to request for further information in the manner you requested it, I have no difficulty in making a reciprocal request.

On the advice of other claimants, whose claims are in identical circumstances to mine and who have been passed on to you by Nat West, I will be sending a copy of this letter to the Court.

I consider that upon allocation this case will be referred to the Small Claims Track; accordingly I consider your CPR Part 18 request to be irrelevant as Part 18 would not apply. I shall not be responding to your requests. I shall of course respond to the order of the Court leaving the matters to be settled by the Court.

Please also note,that this matter is now being handled by XXXXXXXX Court.

Yours faithfully.

X.XXXXX.

Basically,I refused to provide Cobbetts with the information,citing the fact that the Nat West already had a copy of the charges that I'm claiming,and if they want their dirty work doing,then they will have to do it themselves,and they reply with the above.

Anyone else had this situation,and what was the result,and should I provide them with what they want,or could I be too late?

Ken.

LBA sent 25/9/06

Another twist.

I have just been given another letter that came today,dated 4th December,saying that they look forward to receiving the further information requested so that they can move the case forward.

Ken.

LBA sent 25/9/06

Well I decided to send Cobbetts a list of charges after all,when I read that they may change their defence or apply for a strike out,and that's when my problems started.

I lost my original draft,after a hard drive crash,and asked MCOL,for a duplicate copy to be sent,to which they said that it had been transferred to my local court,and to speak to them.

I spoke to them about 3 weeks ago,and they told me they were about 2 weeks behind with everything,and to call back later,and they would hopefully be able to help.

I left it the required time,and spoke to them last Friday,after Cobbetts AQ was submitted,with the above threat,and they said that they hadn't even got that far yet,but a note was on my file,with my requirements.

As luck would have it,I was off work today,and went to see them in person,and they assured me that the file had not yet been sent by MCOL,and that I would have to contact them.So back home,and full of rage,I rung MCOL,and they said that it had definitely been sent,so I asked them to double check,and confirm that it had,and would they kindly ring me back and tell me what had happened to the file.

About 10 minutes later,my phone rang,and a lady on the other end,meekly said that they were still in posession of the file,and what did I want.After ranting and raving at her,I told her to fax the document to my wife,who promptly copied it 4 times,and a copy and letter was sent off to Cobbetts.

So now that's done,does anyone know what the likely outcome will be,and has anyone had this happen to them?

Ken.

LBA sent 25/9/06

Good news....well kind of.

Cobbetts have made me an offer today,of £700,but,as you can imagine,I intend to politely decline their offer,as it falls way below what I'm claiming.

Also,as the case was transferred to my local court,and is under £1500,I was under the impression that no further court fees were applicable.Well,they have also wrote to me asking for a further £100 in relation to the case.

I don't mind paying it,as it all ends up being claimed back,but I need to be sure that NO further fee was payable,in relation to the case,as it was under the stipulated amount.

Ken.

LBA sent 25/9/06

In my received correspondence from the court,I note the following:

Interest per S.69 County Courts Act 1984 of 8%-£200.84 continuing at 8% until judgement or settlement at a daily rate of 26p.

So when I finally send my letter to Cobbettss declining their offer,which should I go for?

Ken.

LBA sent 25/9/06

Yes I agree with Michael, as I too believe that the fee is not required as your claim falls below £1500.

That's what I will do tomorrow.

But another matter has crossed my mind.

My original claim was for £985 + £200.84 in interest as of the 16th October,when I initiated the claim.Including the original court cost of £120,it came to a grand total of £1305.62.

Does the interest of 8% fee get calculated daily,weekly or monthly,on the original gross amount,and if so,I'm assuming that this ends and reverts to 26p per day,once they've offered me a settlement figure?

So close now.

Ken.

LBA sent 25/9/06

Yes the interest is calculated daily.

Quick question though, the £985 is the total of your charges, yes??

If so, then I calculate the daily rate to be £0.22.

£985 is my total charges.

So yes,you are right.£0.22 is the daily figure,although in the court bumpf,they have it as £0.26 for some strange reason.

So to re-cap......

£1185.62 (Figure as of 16th October,including interest to that date.) x 8% daily is..........

A lot of money.

Ken.

LBA sent 25/9/06

Thanks Michael.That's what I've worked it out at also.

Here's a draft of my letter to Cobbetts,and I'm sure I've read somewhere about refusing to agree to disclosure to a third party,but can't seem to find the relevant phrase:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your letter dated 13th December 2006.

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £xxxx.xx as of 14th December 2006,which includes interest of £0.xx per day, from the date of the original claim, and further interest of £0.xx per day until final settlement,and court costs of £120,which are also payable by your client.

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully

LBA sent 25/9/06

Bearing in mind,that if I have to pay the local court a further £100,that will also be added to the letter.

Ken.

LBA sent 25/9/06

Should £10,000 do it? :)

Ken.

LBA sent 25/9/06

The letter in full:

Response to settlement offer.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Thank you for your letter dated 13th December 2006.

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totalling £xxxx.xx as of 14th December 2006,which includes interest of £0.xx per day, from the date of the original claim, and further interest of £0.xx per day until final settlement,and court costs of £120 which are also payable by your client.

I will accept the sum offered only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder, with a County Court claim if necessary.

I am also not prepared to agree to any confidentiality clauses you try to impose, unless of course your client wishes to make an offer of due consideration in addition to the amount of £xxxxx, in order to be afforded this privilege by myself.

I trust this clarifies my position.

Yours faithfully.

LBA sent 25/9/06