RBS and Scottish Gas

gee666
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5255 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Hope you might be able to help

I recently was stuck with no mony in my account, this i found odd as i knew that I had money.

On investigating I found that Scottish Gas had increased my DD from £27 to £400

I checked my online account and found that my account with Scottish gas was in debt by £2000.

Knowing that this had to be wrong i checked the last reading they had taken and found it was wrong by close to 3000 units

I spoke to scottish gas and they sorted the metre reading and my account was back in credit by close to £200

I asked for this to be sent back into my account as i was overdrawn due to this, they said it would take 5 working days (over christmas)

after saying this was unacceptable i was told that i should raise an indemnity claim with my bank. I asked what information i would require and was told nothing was needed.

i went to the RBS and was asked for a refrence number, contact name and direct tel no...(which i didn't have)

I phoned back scottish gas and the office was shut due to the weather

due to work it would be a week before i could try again

3 or 4 phone calls later including one to the office of fair traiding i had the info i needed

I went back to RBS and raised the claim.

3 hrs later the inital £400 was back in my account, but due to charges the amounted to £100

i had payed £100 into my acount to try and offset the charges so all i have got is that £100 back.

I spoke to the bank and was told that I would have to claim the charges back from Scottish Gas

Is this correct?

I thought the bank had to claim the charges back.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in addvance

gee