• Tweets

• The car makers used parts made by a supplier banned over alleged links to Chinese forced labour.View the full article
    • I need to get a hamster. lol
    • Just a typo change that I'd make for the last line. Maybe also add something that says "I assume you will be fully aware that you cannot rely on a clause of a contract that you do not produce."
    • Hello, Firstly, and most importantly I am sorry for your loss. I would go back to the bank with the death certificate and ask them to step in. Remind them firmly but politely that there is no limit for DD claims   Please let us know how you get on.
    • My wife is the named person to his bank account with him having Dementia being his daughter (I say named person she still is but he recently passed away and the deputyship application has now being stopped by the solicitor as it's no longer needed) We've only just got the Death Certificate so the bank will be the next step informing them. She went to the bank and explained the situation but even being his named person the bank said she didn't have the power to stop DD without any legal documents (virgin money) was the bank. She could have copies of bank statements that was about it.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

3 secured loans with welcome finance. *WON*

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Going to make a claim for PPI with welcome finance. I do have other issues that are being dealt with this company but due to their current situation I ewant to get a claim in asap. Issue is, it is so complicated as had 2 rewrites so not sure how to calculate amount owing. I have all SAR and agreements if anyone needs to see. here is letter so far if somone could help please.

Re: Complaint and request for return of Payment Protection Insurance premium and contractual interest.

On the 19/10/2004 I took out a secured loan with yourselves to the value of 5000 with total insurances of 1724.91.

On the 08/10/2004 I took out a further secured loan to the value of 8500 with total insurances of 2458.61 .

On the 13/07/2005 I took out a further loan for the value of 15000 with total insurances of 2413.76.

When I took it out the above loans, I signed up for Payment Protection Insurance [PPI]. At the time I was experiencing some short term financial difficulties and I was told that I could not have the loan unless I agreed to take the insurance.

No claim was ever made under the policies.

I now realize following the recent OFT and FSA investigations, that you miss-sold me these insurance policies, which I did not want and did not need. I believe I signed up for the insurance under economic duress and that your actions were unconscionable.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

No attempt was made to ascertain if the product provided was fit for purpose, suitable for my needs or if indeed if I really needed it at all. No inquiry was made as whether I had pre-existing insurance for accident, illness or unemployment. I was not given a copy of the insurance policy nor were any rights to cancel explained. I believe you manifestly failed in your fiduciary responsibilities, your duty of care.

Unless you can satisfactorily justify to me that the policy was fair and reasonable I am requesting a full refund of all premiums, and subsequent interest on these payments, that I have paid to date. As I believe I have been deprived of this money I also expect 8% statutory interest, the amount a court would award, to be added to each payment made.

I look forward to a full and prompt response to this letter and for the matter to be concluded within eight weeks or I shall be contacting the Financial Ombudsman to investigate my complaint.

Edited by ozzywizard

• 1 month later...

Received a questionnaire through the post from welcome finiance for claim for missold PPI.

Any advise on how to complete without hanging myself appreciated.

1) Why do you now believe PPI policy is now not suitaboe for your needs.

2) at the time you bought the ppi were you in paid employment.

3) has the nature changed since you bought the ppi.

4) was your job secure, was their risk of losing your job.

5) when you bought the policy were you in good health.

6) how long would your income of lasted if you had lost your job.

7) would your income of have continued of you had been unable to work due to accident or sickness.

8) at the time you bought the police did you have anyone who was financially dependant on you.

9) at the time you bought the policy did you have any other policy that protected your income in event of sickness or accident.

10) any other comments to support your claim.

any advise apprecited.

Firstly, those questions are totally different to the ones on the questionnaire we received :eek:

I think this questionnaire is a load of waffle, designed to fudge the issue. At the end of the day, they said you needed the PPI in order to be accepted for the loan, which is blatant mis-selling...you were coerced into taking it.

Im pretty sure they will threaten to close your complaint if you refuse to send back the questionnaire though, so I would fill it in and, like you say, be careful you dont give too much away.

Thanks heaps DJ, I am amazed I gots a bunch of differant questions lol.

I will fill it in with like one word answers so I have met their requirements but not given anything away, your right though it is totallly irrelevent to my claim as I am claiming that they told me I would not get the loan without insurance as I am high risk and my wife remembers this clearly also.

1) Why do you now believe PPI policy is now not suitable for your needs.

I have always been of this opinion and voiced this on many occasions but always advised it was essential to get loan as bad creditor.

Yes

3) has the nature of your employment changed since you bought the ppi.

No

None

None

Not known

7) how long would your income of have continued if you had been unable to work due to accident or sickness.

continuous

8 ) at the time you bought the police did you have anyone who was financially dependant on you.

Yes

9) at the time you bought the policy did you have any other policy that protected your income in event of sickness or accident.

No

Both my wife and myself was informed by yourselves we could not receive loan without insurances as we were bad creditors. This I now know to be incorrect and feel you have created an unfair relationship.

I really need to be putting this to paper so please any advise ?

this is response I sent.

1) Why do you now believe PPI policy is now not suitable for your needs.

Please refer to page one question one as not enough space to write here.

Please refer to question one page one as not relevent to my complaint.

3) has the nature of your employment changed since you bought the ppi.

7) how long would your income of have continued if you had been unable to work due to accident or sickness.

8 ) at the time you bought the police did you have anyone who was financially dependant on you.

Please see page one question ten as not enough space to write here.

................................................................................

seperate letter.

Response to question one.

I was informed by your agent that my loan would not be accepted unless I took out the payment protection insurances. I have subsequently discovered that all insurances should be optional; I was NEVER given any option to take the loan without the insurances and was never provided with a comparative quote for the loans without the insurance premiums attached.

Response to question ten.

Both my wife and myself were explicitly informed by your sales agent that we would not in any circumstances qualify for the loan without insurances attached as we were “bad creditors”.

This I now know to be incorrect and feel you have created an unfair relationship due to the fact that the attached insurances are supposed to be optional.

Quite simply we were never given the option of taking out the loan with no insurances attached, the insurances themselves were not fully explained (Other than they were a necessity) and therefore were not sold following an accurate analysis of whether or not we required said cover and therefore were missold.

Therefore questions 2-9 on your questionnaire are not applicable to be answered, there was no investigation at the time of the loans as to these circumstances and the suitability of the cover and looking back in hindsight on these would only cloud current matters.

Put simply it is irrelevant as to whether or not policies may have benefited me as the option to take these out was never presented and I was misinformed that they were in fact compulsory after later discovering that they were optional. My circumstances were not considered at the time of applying these policies to my loans; therefore play no part in assessing mis-selling after the event. I was told that I had to take out the insurance to get the loan and so was misinformed and would like this resolving immediately.

Edited by ozzywizard
correction of sentance.

• 1 month later...

WON WON WON.

On the 1st March received full and final settlement of PPI from all 3 loans inclusive of interest and also 8% stat interest. total 5K cheque and paid off the 500 pound arrears on the account (figures are rounded off ) .

Cheque is now received and cashed, also the 500 pound has been applied to my account and arrears are now zero with confirmed statement through post.

Thanks to this site for all their help and support........

Mods please mark as won and move to sucesses. .

(if anyone needs to see any of the letters from welcome in response to this please mail me at username at this site address)

Great work Ozzy - CONGRATULATIONS :D

LTSB PPI on various loans (current/settled) - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 1 Charges - Refunded inc CI

MBNA 1 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Charges - Refunded inc 8%

MBNA 2 PPI - Refunded

MBNA 2 Accident Ins - Refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage Charges -Partially refunded

Swift Advances (settled) Mortgage PPI - Refunded inc CI & 8%

Sainsburys (settled) Loan PPI - Refunded inc CI +8%

Sainsburys (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI + 8%

M&S Money (closed) Card Charges - Refunded inc CI