Un-lawfull HP Agreement by a car dealer

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have bought car for Hp from a garage, when I bought the car I had another car which was also Hp—the remaining balance on my car was £3.500 and the one I was about to purchase was £6.898.

I have agreed with them by placing deposit of £2000.00, so I would be paying £4.898 and remaining on my current balance for my car will paid to Black Horse finance.

I have paid the £2.000 to deposit to the garage and I was asked to come back next day to get the car ready, over the phone I was told that, they don’t deal with black horse finance any more, so is it okay if we recommend you Britannia finance as they are less APR and I said yes —I have been approved by Britannia Finance.

When I collected the car, was ask to come back next week as the car navigator chip was missing for replacement, by the way the vehicle is Lexus IS200. Two weeks letter I have received agreement letter from Britannia finance showing that I own £8.898. APR 25.8%.

I went back to the garage asking them to refund my deposit—They agreed and was asked to come back the following day and I left the car in the garage.. Following morning I have received a phone call from the garage asking me to collect the car as they will help me to sell it for me, but still I have to make payment to Britannia finance every month –If the Vehicle get a buyer and they will pay less then Britannia is demanding, I have to make up the difference. I was not happy and had no choice, but to try to sell the car private –I couldn’t cause the car mileage was 98.000 and no one would ever buy for that price or near.

I made complaint over the phone to Britannia finance the company didn’t want to understand my situation, they where demanding for payment of £253.00 a month as was my previous payment with black horse was £156.00 a month. During the time my car was in garage, my driving mirror was damaged as well as the navigator chip was missing from the day of purchase —I was told to come back next week, when I come back the following week they have moved from their address—

I’m now registered as default and refused to make the payment.

Can some help me plz – I have been struggling for long time.

I have won against Abbey, now bring on Barclaycard.

• 3 weeks later...

If its a Hire Purchase agreement, under the consumer credit act 1974 you have rights if the garage you bought the veicle went bust or out of business. You can sue the loan company as you had complained about the quality of goods and the damage had not been repaired. I would go to trading standards and advise them what happend. They may know about the garage all ready, but looks like you have a case. Also go to CAB, they will be able to point you in the right direction.