Problems with P Reg Golf

missm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6479 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wondering if anyone has any input..

I have had a p reg golf automatic GL for a year.. had 29000 miles on when got it last june

everything fine until it cut out once when driving. thought maybe it was a small electrical blip so didnt think anything of it

started happening more frequently but still random, generally happens once per trip although it does seem to be completely random. The effect it has on the car is similar to stalling but its definitely not stalling the car because I am driving at 40mph for example and have no intention of changing gear.

This is causing major problems as you can imagine because this could lead to very dangerous circumstance.

Anyway I took it to my local guy who said perhaps its the camshaft so hes replaced that... no joy,m and NOW it wont start at ALL!!!

any motor heads have any ideas???

this is causing me tons of grief

Camshaft?? Seems odd..................

Replacing a camshaft shouldnt affect the starting at all (and should have caused the typre of problem you report).

Prob cheapest way is take to Main VW dealer, explain circumstances, let them keep for a couple of days (let a technician take it home one night so it gets a few miles) - obviously before you can do that, you gotta get it started! Got breakdown cover?

Wee

If it was randomly cutting out of it's own accord during speeds like that, I would maybe lean towards an ECU fault or some sort of injection problem???

By right the garage who replaced your camshaft should be rectifying the problem - have you tried going back there and explaining?

Hope that helps a bit :) :)

Have someone check things like mass air flow meter, camshaft position sensor, crankshaft position sensor, throttle position sensor, etc. These items should not be expensive and easy to check or replace.

Modern fuel injected engines rely on these sensors and if any of them are faulty and there is no default map for the ECU to fall back on in the event of sensor failure then the engine can stop.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received