Cancelling gym membership

mjp2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya, I am currently at a local gym for which i have been attending for 7months. When i joined i signed up for a 12month contract but now wish to cancel it due to the fact i am not gettin full use of the centre. This is due to lack of parking outside of it. I would suggest parking elsewhere but there isn't any near. Sounds pathetic but if im paying for something i want to use it. Also when i joined up they didnt mention that the time i would be going was going to be busy. I rang the membership dept and they said there wasn't anything i could do as i was on a 12month contract. Is there really nothing i can do? :sad:

Thanks

Melissa

Guest Old_andrew2018

Take a close look at the contract, however being unable to use a car park may not be reason for ending the contract.

I expect that at certain times of the day the gym will be busier, thats the reason that some have off-peak membership.

Andy

Hi All,

I am currently facing an issue with Gold Gym.

My wife joined the Gold Gym last year @£40 per month. At the time of joining the Gold Gym sales person Nathan Westcott made my wife sign a six months contract. But before joining my wife stated to her that she will only join for 3 months as she had to go out of the country. At that point of time the Nathan agreed but forgot to mentioned that in the contract.

After 4 months we get a letter from Gold Gym stating that the current payment is due to which my wife personally met Nathan and he told my wife that he will make a not of it and she need not worry.But again he did not note that on any system/contract.

Now after one year we get a letter from CRS that you owe Gold Gym £480. (£330 for Gold Gym;£150 to CRS). When speaking to the owner of the Gym he said that Nathan no longer works here and he has left the country to go to Australia. I requested him to reached out to him via email/phone to which he told me that cell no is not working and they do not have an email address. I told him 100 times if Nathan says I am lying I am ready to pay the entire amount.

We spoke to CRS and they are also maintaining silence and not ready to help. The issue is that we had a verbal contract with the sales agent and we did not have anything in written to prove it.

So my question to you all is

1) How can I make sure Gold Gym reached out to Nathan Westcott and get the truth?

2) Can I fight a Legal case to avoid paying these absurd charges? What are my chances?

3) Since it was a 6 months contract my liability should be £120 and not £330 on which Glod Gym is saying that since you did not cancelled you have to pay the continuation amount? Also my wife never used the premises after 3 months.

I hope I am very clear in the problem we are facing.

Can any advice us what should we do?

Regards,

Rakesh Jain