Warrant delivered today. Help please...

bronn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5249 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks for replying so quickly, have started this as requested.

In answer to the queston, yes the arrears do include charges.

The situation is as follows.

4 or 5 years ago I attended a court hearing to have a warrant issued, it was deferred as I could show we could pay the arrears.

We have missed several payments due to employment and bad finance situations inc that tme, but alqays caught up. The mortgage was consolidated a year or so back to interest only, but earlier this year work dried up, I was owed money that has never materialised, and now my wife is back at wrk part time following maternity, and I have a new self employed job which I have a deal paying potentially 60K a year. More than enough to cover the arrears, payments and anything else, and should make life much easier.

Unfortunately I am not due any money till end of Jan for work done this month, (so far I am due £1750, as I have only just begun work, but the contract is worth £4500 a month when I am up to speed..

I have promised Northern Rock repayments to help cover arrears, but ue to the money I was owed not coming, I have defaulted on all of them...

I feel that just as the light of hope has come on work wise, this will put me, my wife and kids out on the street 2 days before my birthday...

I have heard that this is the best place for someone in m position to come for advice...

I will be forever in your debt if you can help...

Andrew

(Bronn's a nickname;) )

Hi there, you will need to enter an N244 application at court to ask for a hearing to suspend the eviction (I can help you with that). You will need to pay a fee of £35 when you take the form to the court and they should be able to give you a date for the hearing while you are there.

Do you have documentary proof of the contract you have and how much it will pay? We would need to attach that to the N244 so the judge can see why the eviction should be suspended.

You need to work out how much you can afford to pay each month towards the arrears in addition to the normal monthly payment.

Also you will need to enclose a budget sheet (I have affixed one to this post). When filling it in remember that the amount you are offering to pay towards the arrears in addition to the monthly payment, is the amount left over after everything else has been accounted for. It's always a good idea to practise on one first so you get the figures right.

Once you know how much you can afford to pay I can draft a statement for Q.10 of the form (I have affixed an N244 also), and give you instructions for completing the rest of the form.

Ell

Budget Sheet.xls

n244_0400.pdf

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ell, sorry its been a while, broadband stopped working and wife's been poorly.

All in all a helluva bad month.

I have filled in the n224, done a budget sheet and want to know how to send a copy to you, as I cant seem to save a copy... apart from the budget..

what should I do next.

thanks...

Ell,

sorry, for pestering, but I'm not sure what to do next.

I'm worried that the court will be shut over Christmas and I wont have time before the 8th to ge this sorted out.

please help

Hi there, have you printed out the N244? what did you put in Q.10 of the form?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Sorry, I misunderstood your post, I thought you said you had completed the N244.

No need to send me the budget sheet, I just need to know how much you can afford to pay towards the arrears each month in addition to the normal monthly payment. If you can let me know I will draft a statement for Q10 but will have to do it in the morning as I need to log off now (I have an early start in the morning).

Ell

Hi Bronn, sorry for the delay - I've been caught up at work and couldn't get online till now.

I have affixed a statement for Q.10 of the N244 form. You will need to fill in the info where there are XXX's, both at the top and also where I have mentioned your name. When you print it out make sure your printer is set for A4 paper not Letter size.

You will need a copy of the contract you have - on the top left hand corner write the claim number and on the top right hand corner write Appendix 1. Do the same for the budget sheet but it will be Appendix 2.

These are the instructions for the rest of the form.

1. Your names

2. Tick Defendant

3. Suspension of eviction

4. No

5. Tick at a hearing

6. 15 minutes

Agreed by all parties: No

7. Write - Not applicable

8. District

9. Both Parties

10. Tick box for attached witness statement

Cross out all options except We Believe

Sign and cross out all options except Applicant

11. Sign and cross out all options except Applicant. Enter your address and contact details.

Then assemble as follows:

N244 form

Statement for Q.10

Appendix 1 - contract info

Appendix 2 - budget sheet

This forms your "pack" to take to the court - staple securely. Make sure you take a copy of it all so you have a pack to take to court with you for the hearing. There will be a £35.00 fee to pay when you take it to the court and they should give you a date for the hearing while you are there.

Any questions, just shout.

Ell

BronnN244 statement.doc