• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Help needed with claim please

dan76
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

It's been two months since I sent the LBA to LLoyds but due to financial difficulties and not knowing how to word the claim on the moneyclaim website I haven't submitted my claim yet.

Is it too late for me to fill in the online form now? Would I need to contact Lloyds again before I file the claim?

If it isn't too late, is there a template to help me construct my claim as I am really struggling to know what to put. I know there are guide notes in the templates library but I am still not sure how best to word things. Could I use the "Particulars of claim - hard copy" form as a template?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Danny

Data Protection Act request sent 26/04/2006

Statements received 09/05/2006

Letter for repayment sent 24/05/2006

Reply received on 27/05/2006 refusing to refund the charges

LBA sent 09/06/2006

Reply received 15/06/2006 - still refusing to pay

Email sent requesting repayment 23/08/06

Claim acknowledged 06/09/2006

Hi i'm no expert but from reading other posts you can just state that you gave the bank extra time to try and resolve the matter, i'm not sure what the timescale is but i don't think 2 months is a problem, and if the matter does arise you can always state the fact that you have had financial difficulties but i doubt this will arise.

For help filling in the moneyclaim you can read around a few posts and look at how others have worded it, but to get you started heres a link to ZUZU's topic which contains his worded moneyclaim online.

ZUZU vs Lloyds TSB

Robinson vs Lloyds (29/07/06)

LBA Sent (29/07/06)

Standard Reply (01/08/06)

FOS Letter Recieved (10/08/06)

Having read through the Mistakes post I am now wondering if I have entered into enough dialogue with Lloyds before filing the claim.

I have only sent them the two letters (letter for repayment and letter before action) to which I have received standard replies. Would this be considered as reasonable dialogue before issuing a claim or do I need to send more letters first requesting repayment?

Would it be worth me sending the letter requesting repayment and then the letter before action again before claiming on the moneyclaim site or should I just go ahead and begin my claim?

Cheers,

Danny

LBA sent 09/06/2006

No the two steps you've mentioned are correct, Premlim letter, (14 days) LBA (14 Days),so you've give them more than enough time, so it is not required to send anymore letters and you could progress with your claim, however some people would recommend that you do send them a brief letter outlining your intentions, just looks better if it does actually goto court which is highly unlikely, but it shows that you've tried to resolve it and given the bank plenty of opportunity aswell. The only downside is that you would have to wait until they reply which is usually about 12 days.

Cheers

Steven

LBA Sent (29/07/06)

Thanks snapper, I think i will just send off a final letter to say I am going to file a claim.

Should I tell them in the letter that they have 10 days to respond? Or 14 days?? Or should I just tell them the date I intend to file the claim?

Thanks for all your help so far!

LBA sent 09/06/2006

Well since they've already had 2 months, i'd just put the date that your beginning the proceedings of legal action. I'd just give them 7 days to reply and if they don't reply then begin the claim because they are already aware of your intentions from the previous letter.

Cheers

Steven

Another alternative is to email them, i've read alot of posts and some of the people who opted for email got a sharpish reply.

LBA Sent (29/07/06)

• 3 weeks later...

Emailed Lloyds the other week and received a nice speedy response saying they would not be paying and they would not be responding to any further requests about the matter. I have since submitted my claim and this was served and acknowledged as of the 6/9/06

Will update this post with any updates

Cheers,

Danny

LBA sent 09/06/2006

Well done - so far so good. Hopefully it should'nt be too long now before you get your money back. Expect a defence at the very last minute - Lloyds like to deploy as many stalling and delaying tactics as they can. While you are waiting, keep reading up on other peoples threads and have a good look at the case guidance notes in the template library.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Received a letter from the courts saying Lloyds have acknowledged the claim and have 28 days to enter a defence. I'll have another look through the case guidance notes again this weekend

LBA sent 09/06/2006

Good stuff :)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Received a letter from the courts saying Lloyds have acknowledged the claim and have 28 days to enter a defence. I'll have another look through the case guidance notes again this weekend

what is your claim about? im just taking lloyds to court about mis sold apr on a loan.can anyone help?

My claim is just for bank charges tigger.

I'm sure there will be someone on here who can help you though :)

LBA sent 09/06/2006

• 4 months later...

I've received a letter from the courts saying that unless I apply for directions by January 25th that the claim will be struck out. I'm going to search the forum posts for any advice but if anyone can advise me in the meantime that would be great as the clock is ticking!!

Thanks in advance

LBA sent 09/06/2006

Apply for directions or comply with directions?

Can you post the exact wording of the order please.

Why have you left it so late - it seems like you must have ignored an order?

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Ok, I received a "standard order for stay of settlement with consent of all the parties". I was on holiday just after it arrived and so admittedly didn't pay too much attention to it as I was rushed off my feet preparing for my trip and trying to get everything sorted for my absence at work. The letter read as follows:

-------------------------------

On or before the 22 December 2006, one of the following steps must be taken:

either

the claimant must notify the court that the whole of the claim has been settled; (see note (i) below)

or

the claimant or defendant must write to the court requesting an extension of the stay period, explaining the steps being taken towards settlement and identifying any mediator, expert, or the other person helping with the process. The letter should confirm the agreement of all other parties. (see note (ii) below)

or

all of the parties must file a completed allocation questionnaire at the court. Where a settlement of some of the issues in dispute has been reached, a list of those issues should be attached to the completed questionairre. The list must be agreed with the other parties and must indicate that it has been agreed.

Note (i): Where settlement of the claim is achieved before the end of the period of stay, the following will be taken to include an application for the stay to be lifted:

(a) an application for a consent order to give effect to the settlement

(b) an application for approval of a settlement where one or more of the parties is a person under a disability: and

© the filing of a notice of acceptance of monies paid into court, or an application to accept monies paid into court out of time.

Note (ii): Extensions to the period of stay will generally be no more than 1 month

-------------------------------------------

The way I read the letter made me think that

(a) the claim hadn't been settled

(b) I wasn't going to request an extension of the stay period

© I had already completed my allocation questionnaire

The letter I have just received reads as follows: (including spelling mistake)

-------------------------------------------

Upon reading the court file

IT IS ORDERED THAT

Unless the claimant applies for direction by 4pm on 25th January 2007 the claim do stand sruck out

--------------------------------------------

LBA sent 09/06/2006

Write to the court and propose directions -

Dear Sir/Madam,

YOU v LLOYDS BANK PLC

In the ***** COUNTY COURT

CLAIM No:*******

Pursuant to the order made by District Judge ***** on **/**/**, I, the claimant, hereby confirm that no settlement has been reached with regard to the claim as detailed above, and as such I respectfully request that it proceed to allocation in accordance with the overriding objective.

Dispite the Defendant making a request for the stay by indicating an intention to negotiate a settlement on their allocation questionnaire, with regret I must inform the court that the Defendant has attempted no contact with regard to this claim whatsoever. Further, I contacted the defendant by way of a letter (telephone call) on **/**/**, which was not afforded the courtosy of a response (when they told me...............).

If the court is in agreement, the Claimant respectfully suggests that directions could be made as per the attached draft order, with document exchange taking place 28 days after the issueing of the order. It is suggested an early date for exchange of documents may facilitate a prompt resolution to this litigation.

Do it quick!!!

Thanks Gary. Sent the letter and draft order yesterday.

Is there anything else I need to do now or do I just wait to hear from the court again?

Thanks again for your help

LBA sent 09/06/2006

Just wait for now - the court will hopefully allocate the claim and issue the directions you've proposed. If this is the case, you'll have to submit the documents as required by the claimants part of the draft order. Have a read of the thread I linked you containing the draft order for details of what you'll need.