• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ida's stopping smoking diary.

IdaInFife
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5029 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok i'm gonna stop this time. Have tried all the usual and stopped (then started again normally after being at pub)

I am going to stop on Tuesday 24th Novemeber

(i am off work at the mo and don't go back til tuesday so would struggle the morn so want to start to stop on a routine day)

I am using will power and nicotine mini's. Bought them already and OH is going to stop as well.

Will locate knitting needles and wool tomorrow ( i can't knit that well but has helped in the passed with the fingers stuff)

Going to use this as a diary and venue for venting :lol:

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

didn't last long at all :mad: - using all the excuses under the sun.

have to say have cut amount in half.

i am so disappointed in myself.

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Don't feel like that Ida, a lot fail but have another go. You have to admit that you really want to give up which it sounds as if you don't and I don't blame you.

The hardest part is admitting to yourself you want to because it's not the addiction that keeps you smoking, it's the pleasure and enjoyment.

You will do it if you really want to.

Hi Ida

Don't give up giving up.

Step one and the biggest step is to really make the decision for yourself that you want to stop, that you're going to stop. When you can do that it becomes a lot less difficult.

I found seeing the smoking nurse and using the nasal spray worked really well.

2 and 1/2 years down the road and still not smoking. I never believed I could do it but realy glad I have. I love the smell of cigarette smoke - doesn't make me want one at all.

I think in the first few days the trick is to take it one hour then one day at a time and try to avoid the situations where you would routinely smoke:)

Good luck

• 1 month later...

ok this is it.

joined the smoking cessation at my local chemist, armed with patches and gum - got a fright and a ecg on thursday :eek: and now I do not want to stop - i have too.

So stopping tomorrow - 1ST FEB 2010

doing my weekly shop today so going to buy a big tub for the money and plenty heathier nibbles and extra cleaning stuff- we also have a new addition to the family - it's so cute - a rebbok step - perched in the living room - gonna use that as a distraction.

Hubby going it alone tomorrow - well with wine gums :)

so it' back on and this time I am going to go for GOLD

You can do this. Think of the money saved. If both of you stop then that must be around £70 pw saved :D

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

You can do this. Think of the money saved. If both of you stop then that must be around £70 pw saved :D

heavier than that try about £120 pw :oops: i am still tryin to figure out how the hell i pay for it -

It has to be the strangest thing, you can be broke, but always find cash for fags. I used to amaze myself with that. Shame I can't do the same for bills. :eek:

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Just try and keep yourself busy when you find you need a cigarette.... like spending more time on CAG. ;)

I need to find patches for CAG as well :p

I need to find patches for CAG as well :p

No cure for that :D

F&Q's... Read here

ok well - no fags yesterday whooohooo - was easier than i thought acutally - fine at work got a bit apprehensive when OH came home - did not have to use the gum at all -

today - not too bad yet - OH was so snappy this morning - just laughed it off - feeling good so far

Ida x

Brilliant. Well done you!! :D

F&Q's... Read here

day 3

wobbly tonight :( i am tired and have no energy and i think thats making me crave more - but plodding through and my wee booklet from the chemist says tomorrow my energy levesl should start to increase :) canlt see that happening as feels like i have put on a stone in the last 3 days cause cannot stop munching :D

Ida - its only been 2 weeks for me but I remember day 3 like it was yesterday!

For me the absolute worst day was day 10 when I woke up in an absolutely foul mood and naturally blamed the lack of cigs - was nothing to do with them at all, was purely a bad mood! :rolleyes:

You can do it - tell yourself you will do it and dont let others tell you differently!

No period of withdrawal is worse than the first 48 hours. Now that you've done that you can trust yourself to continue in the knowledge that the worst is behind you.

Cravings are transient, momentary and although hard, will pass.

;)

This shows you just what is going on in your body with out them. ;)

• In 20 minutes your blood pressure will drop back down to normal.
  • In 8 hours the carbon monoxide (a toxic gas) levels in your blood stream will drop by half, and oxygen levels will return to normal.
  • In 48 hours your chance of having a heart attack will have decreased. All nicotine will have left your body. Your sense of taste and smell will return to a normal level.
  • In 72 hours your bronchial tubes will relax, and your energy levels will increase.
  • In 2 weeks your circulation will increase, and it will continue to improve for the next 10 weeks.
  • In three to nine months coughs, wheezing and breathing problems will dissipate as your lung capacity improves by 10%.
  • In 1 year your risk of having a heart attack will have dropped by half.
  • In 5 years your risk of having a stroke returns to that of a non-smoker.
  • In 10 years your risk of lung cancer will have returned to that of a non-smoker.
  • In 15 years your risk of heart attack will have returned to that of a non-smoker.

F&Q's... Read here

I gave up on the same day as Ida: 1st February 2009 @ 1.15pm!

How do I feel?

Terrible;

my nerves are wracked;

can't conscentrate;

if someone rubs me up the wrong way, they will probably get a barrage.

However, so far I am £20 better off.

AC

thank you all

day 4 - no sleep last night as daughter up all night wit sickness - so feeling very very tired - OH says he will been on guard tonight ang get up with her tomorrow - as we are going to pub tomorrow - going to put in a little practice tonight of having drink in one hand and nothing in other :)

that's my excuse anyway to havejsut a couple to try and relax but generally good -when fleeting thoughts come, i grab the dettol and cloth

ida x