Court on 19th Nov Car Finance

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Got a hearing on 19th, car finance credit amount is £11.333.80 and I have outstanding only £1,103.74.

I have filled in court forms to say I admit liability and can pay £750.00 towards settlement by 23/12/09. Finance company refused to settle this amount outside court. They want the full amount or repo the car.

What are the chances that the judge will look in my favour?

Got a hearing on 19th, car finance credit amount is £11.333.80 and I have outstanding only £1,103.74.

I have filled in court forms to say I admit liability and can pay £750.00 towards settlement by 23/12/09. Finance company refused to settle this amount outside court. They want the full amount or repo the car.

What are the chances that the judge will look in my favour?

Is it HP or a credit agreement? As I understand it, if its an HP agreement they cant now repo the car without a court order, as you have paid over a certain proportion of the HP.

Explain your position in court, and make your offer. They may not turn up:)

Good Luck

Regards

on*the*case

Never Give Up! Never Surrender!

I think from what you say the court will make an order for delivery of the goods, but suspend it, if you make payment. However, you are contractually bound by what payments you agreed to pay back. It is not for the Court to say that a full and final settlement offer of £750 is fair or not, that is a commercial decision for the lender.

• 1 month later...

Just to follow on from this case, I didn't get the suspended order from the court until 9th January 2010! They sent from court(according to post mark on envelope) on 8th January 2010. The order was to payu £750 by end Dec and the rest by March 2010. Now got a letter from lender saying I have defaulted. I didn't get the order till January so how was I able to pay by 24th Dec? I rang the courts, they told me they were having a backlog of 6 weeks.