MBNA PPI mis selling offer

lifeboat
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4379 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Yes, my full name, address details and account number which was valid at the time of the SAR + the acct number - which differed slightly - from the old Abbey National statements I have to hand. The name and adress details had never changed in all the time I had the various cards/accts which of course differed over the years due to changes of 'ownership'.

Thanks

I'm new here too. And am struggling to get to grips with it all BUT I do know my husband had an MBNA card and that we traced it to Barclays so you could try them?? Apparently they took over MBNA. Having said this, they 've just offered us a paltry sum as final settlement and so we're now starting over and SARing them too as they will not break down their figure for us. So keep an eye on them! Good luck.

Oh. I didn't know that Barclays had taken them over.

Must admit I'm still a bit confused about it all really.

To recap, I've already sent in my SAR to MBNA with a very poor response from them - although surely they should have some data. Then I have Santander I could also SAR and finally Barclays too. Do Abbey national still have a department handling such requests ( know they are now part of Santander, but wondered if they were compelled in law to retain a dept. to handle PPI claims)

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...

I sent an SAR to MBNA for an Abbey Card that they owned. Their reply...

'Please be aware that due to archival retrieval issues at Abbey we are unable to provide a copy of your credit agreement. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause.'

They then refer me to Experian/Equifax etc.!!??

That letter cost me £10:???:

So, do I have to put up with the pathetic response from MBNA - should I try again with them - or shall I write to Santander as the card was an Abbey national card before it was bought by MBNA? Possibly call FOS?

Thank you.

Hi

It is not really the agreement you need for a ppi claim as this appears to be a card.

What you are after is the stataments of account....did they send you any information as a result of your SAR?

ims

Hi. The only information I have received from them is some rather garbled notes from their end detailing salient points when they had contact with me and I with them. No acct balances, no ppi payments, no financial information at all. All in all pretty unsatisfactory and so, as a result, not sure what to do about it now, nor whom I should be communicating with. FYI: The account is now settled and subsequently closed but I still feel that i was certainly mis-sold PPI from the original card issuer, Ab Nat.

Thank you

Hello, I had MBNA card that was originally an ABBEY card, Aftermuch too-ing and fro-ing MBNA settled the cliam but were unable to settle the case of the PPI paid during ABBEY'S tenure, so in effect got a part payment, I have now had to refer to FOS as SANTANDER also declined to handle it as they said its MBNA responsibility,

MBNA have also mucked all the paperwork up on several other claims I or family have and are all at FOS. One of MBNA tactics is to keep sending out letters saying they have no evidence and then 2 days later copies turn up,

My advice is carry on with the MBNA claim for as far as you can even if u dont ahve agreement but register a claim at Fos anyways

GOOD lUCK

Thanks Nimmynim. Very interesting to see you've been in a similar position to me regarding this 'Abbey' card. I'd be very interested to maintain contact regarding progress you make? Would that be OK via PM?

Regarding the issue with MBNA/Santander and whom accepts responsibility, would other board CAG members have views on this?

IMS: You mention sending the failed SAR letter. Are you suggesting this is sent back to MBNA or Santander, ref above situation post from Nimmynim?

Thanks to all

Hi

Send the failed SAR letter from the CAG library, top left in green.

Specify that you want the statements/transaction history and other information you think is missing.

ims

Hi ims. Have had a browse around for a failed sar letter but not sure where to find it - perhaps it has a different name? Would you mind sending me alink for it please?

Thanks

Thanks guys for the info! having some similar issues with getting info out of mbna and santander on an abbey credit card acc nos changed twiice! complaints to their cao, usual flannel responses,lies deciet and harassment! complaints to FOS etc! What is it with these two companies!